Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 6:25 PM
Default Bloom Toe Nail Accessory Movement
Is it possible to get Bloom's Toe Nail Accessory to shift according to the type of shoe a sim is wearing without making a new mesh for each shoe type? As it stands, the accessory only works on flat feet & once you put a sim in high heels, they splay on the ground. Is there a way to have the accessory follow with the toes under all circumstances? Something tells me no, but thought it would be VERY worth asking about.

I wouldn't be opposed to adding the accessory mesh to all my female bodyshapes if that is what it would take, but I would like the option of Pupke's colors to change with the accessory.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 6:30 PM
Bloom could probably give you a more complete answer, but my guess is that the answer is no: there is no way to have the toenails follow the toes. You can set the bone assignments so that the toenails always move with the toes, but the actual placement of the toenails would have to be done on a case-by-case basis if they're not in the "default" position (i.e., on a flat foot).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 6:54 PM
Holy toledo that was fast. Thanks for your help. I had a feeling it wouldn't work

What about the 2nd option, adding it to my female meshes like Chris Hatch did with 3D xxx hair (Not sure if I can say certain words here). He added BobbyTHs accessory & has it set up that 'that' hair is the same color as their head hair color. Cool!! Not that this would work that way, but isn't it possible to do something close? It would be neat to have the option to change the color via an accessory in the accessory bin. By having the mesh attached to the female body would sure make those nails follow the toes, right? The shoes would have to be pretty precise I would understand? Would it make the shoes too big?
Sockpuppet
#4 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 7:32 PM
its not possible, only by editing the skintone.
Been to long but if you can make a accesoire as overlay for a skintone then you can color the nails at anytime.
My sexyfeet meshes also have their nails mapped on that same spot

The nailaccesoire is diffrent as it is duplicate from the toenailmeshpart(the shape) but it uses a standalone texture(uvmapped on a diffrent texture on diffrent spot)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BloomsBase
if you can make a accesoire as overlay for a skintone

Nope, never done it but will learn! I'm assuming you mean making one of those tattoo overlay boxes based off Moragues Bits? He has a great tutorial that could help me out doing this The only glitch in those is townies & npc's, ESPECIALLY NPCs! Townies is just an effort to change, NPCs can screw up your game. Yes, I use a mod to select them & have them add certain overlays with these boxes. NPCs will lose their character data. Glad I back up often I guess they will go without nails or go thru the effort of adding all the nails to their textures!

Thanks a ton for your help!
Sockpuppet
#6 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 11:47 PM
yup, that was the guy
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 7:20 AM
I knew I would have a question...

I just read WesHs notes on the dog collar so I understood how all this worked & it made me more confused. Those boxes still reference to the gmdc for shadows & what not? So it still makes a difference how I build my meshes? I've been shamelessly cramming JUST the toes of the sexy feet into some old shoe styles & regrouping. Yes, I'm new to meshing & not skilled enough to bend feet as complex as sexy feet into high heel shapes. Will the data of where the sexy feet are in the meshes be remembered after regrouping? I checked the bone assignments before regrouping & it seemed right. Will I have to leave the toes as a different group in my mesh like I do for multishoe meshes? I might be completely misunderstanding how all this works.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 6:38 PM
OK, I did move the toes on the UV Map on a few of the meshes. I didn't know it could make a difference & chose to move what was easiest. I just spent the morning redoing those meshes that I chose to move the toes instead of the shoe Thank goodness it was only a couple The UV maps look good to go
Sockpuppet
#9 Old 19th Oct 2012 at 10:14 AM
you can bend the sextfeet into shoes.
Import the shoes as obj file in MS
import the sexyfeet
hit the ANIM button
unhide skeleton
select the foot joint in side view
rotate, the ankle
select the toe joint, rotate the toes
hit rotate all in the anim menu, click ok
voila