Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2008 at 4:26 PM
Making Clothes show up for Young Adults, Adults, and Elders?
I tried following Morague's tutorial for unlocking clothes, but just following the steps which would make the clothes available for all the age groups from Young Adult to Elder. Once finished, I put the "mod" into my downloads folder and went into BodyShop to see how it had worked.

And yes, the Young Adult Undies were showing up for Young Adults, Adults, and Elders, but there was a problem. There was a CC symbol on the outfit's thumbnail where you pick the outfit you want, instead of the University Symbol. I found this really annoying because I've got a few mods which make clothes available for these three age groups, and they all make the clothes show up with the correct EP symbol instead of the CC symbol, and I have those mod files in my downloads folder too. Just to make sure you know, the Young Adult Undies I was trying to convert were the Green and White undies that came with the University EP.

So does anyone know what the problem is? I've tried comparing my "mod" file and another "unlocking clothes for different age groups" file in SimPE, but I cannot find any differences. I've tried quite a few things actually, but still no luck. I would appreciate any help because there are a lot of Maxis clothes that have not been unlocked for different ages yet which I would like to try and do myself. I just cannot stand the CC symbol, it makes it look like I've just cloned the outfit and edited it. It also may make some people delete it in CAS which could wreck their game files.
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 8:51 PM
Don't quote me on this, but I think the secret to that is the "creator" field - I'm pretty sure if that's set to all 0's, it will show up as a Maxis item rather than as custom content. I might be totally off but I remember seeing something about this recently.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 4:32 PM
Ohhhh. Thanks. I'll check that out. Thanks for replying too. I've been waiting for quite a few days now. lol.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Don't quote me on this, but I think the secret to that is the "creator" field - I'm pretty sure if that's set to all 0's, it will show up as a Maxis item rather than as custom content. I might be totally off but I remember seeing something about this recently.

I just checked the package files, and all the numbers in the creator field are already set to all 0. I'm really confused about this now. ??? lol.
Theorist
#5 Old 4th Mar 2008 at 12:05 PM
It's related to the version and product line, IIRC. You should check if they have them in the property sets.