Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 1:51 PM
A Pleasant life-Chapter one
My other stories didn't work out so I'm trying to write a new one. I like the Pleasants the most as they are my favorite pre-made family. Enjoy!(P.S I am not using FRAPS but normal screen shots and are editing them in photoshop if the quality isn't quite good.

Dear Dirk,

Well, nothing new here. Ange waiting for her approval to college and me? Well I'm studying magic and helping Mom cook for her boss coming over, as for Dad he is at the top of his job and is thinking of retiring soon. Sabbath is well such a loyal familiar, How's college?

Miss you
Love Lil

I was disturbed by footsteps coming to the door. I quickly closed my eyes waved my wand, when I opened them I was in my room, I sighed with relief and saw Angela go into here room. She shut the door. I waited to see if she would find out but nothing happened and the lights went out. I shut my door, and walked to Sabbath who was lying in his cat bed. He heard me and rose looking at me with one eye.

'She didn't catch you?' he asked.
'No, I escaped' I said and sat on my bed.
'Good, mistress is there something I could do?' he asked as he stretched.
'No, I'm fine you can stay here if you want but I do not get the point since you are not needed.' I replied again and shut my eyes.
'I shall not leave yet, as I would like to stay' he said. I opened my eyes again and walked to him.
'I suggest you do go, as I have nothing else then sleep to do'
'Then sleep, I will not disturb you' he said licking his lips. I opened the door and went out. I walked to Ange's room and heard he snoring. With a smile I knocked. The snoring continued but I heard footsteps coming to
the door.

Ange opened it, the snoring continued. I stepped in and turned of her record.
'What are you planning?' I asked grinning.
'Nothing and shouldn't you be in bed?' Ange asked.
'Shouldn't you?' I snapped.
'Well yes but...I remembered I had homework!' she said looking pale and biting her lip.
'It is not like you to forget your homework...' I said.
'Well...I've been busy helping Mom with the cooking...' she trailed off.
'I made dinner' I said crossing my arms. She looked at me and then at her computer. Then back at me with an angry look in her eye realizing what I did.

'I locked the door!!' she roared.
'And I am a witch!' I replied and smiled. She looked furious but calmed down.
'Fine...I was going to sneak out...' she said looking down.
'I know, have you got your approval yet?'
'No, but lets pretend this didn't happen'
'Fine with me' I said and walked out of the room and into mine. Sabbath greeted me. I stroked him and got into my pajamas.
'I shall stay until you go to school Mistress' said Sabbath curling up and the end of my bed on the floor.
'Very well' I said and got into bed and blew out the candle. I shut my eyes and drifted of into a pleasant slumber awaiting awake when daylight struck.
#2 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 10:42 AM
This is good :P
But I would suggest larger photos, that is all.
I love the Pleasants, this is taking a whole new spin on them. I sooo want AL!!!! *jealous*

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 12:05 PM
Thanks, alright larger photos got it.
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 2:23 PM
A Pleasant life-Chapter two
I awoke and sat up. After wondering what time it was I got out of bed and looked at my window. It was all covered in frost, I took a deep breathe and cleared the frost. I almost screamed with delight when I saw snow! I got dressed and ran downstairs. I took care not to make any noise as I was the only one awake. I ran out and looked as the flakes touched my skin. After making some snow angels I made a snow Dirk, I sighed remembering the day he left for collage and how he promised that he'll write and see me after it is over, not a single email have I recieved from him...I shivered, feeling chilled I went back inside. Everyone was there.

Angela was eating her cereal with low fat milk, while dad was doing his morning exercise and mom? Just sitting there waiting I guess. I sat next to Angela. She looked at me with anger.
'I can't believe you're so selfish!' she said.
'What?!' I replied glaring at her.
'You went out before making breakfast!' she answered and continued eating.
'What?' I said again and then went to make my own cereal. Mom gazed at me like I was in big trouble.
'For that, you are to do the gardening in the snow!' she lectured. Angela dropped her spoon.
'It's snowing!?' she screamed. 'Why didn't you tell me?'
'I didn't want to disturb your highness' I replied grinning. She gritted her teeth and looked at the window. Just as she was about to continue she looked a bit pale and with a sick expression, she held her mouth and ran to the bathroom. I smiled after Mom ran to her.

'Lilith!' she yelled. 'You-look what you did to Angela,! Honey are you alright? That's it from now on I shall do the cooking and you shall clean the toilet now Lilith!' I stood up looking her straight in the eye.
'I'm not your servant!' I screamed than ran off to my room. I sat on my bed crying.
'Why was I even born!' I screamed smashing the mirror. 'Why?!'
'Oh come on' said Sabbath behind me. 'Here, this will heal the wound'
'Thanks' I said and took the healing stone. The wound healed and the pain stopped.
'If you weren't born that how would you be the youngest witch in Pleasantview?' he asked and jumped on my bed.
'You're right...' I said and heard a knock, I un-summoned Sabbath and hid the cauldron and spell book. Another knock thundered.
'Just wait!' I yelled and opened the door, it was dad.

'Listen your sister might be really sick!' he yelled.
'I don't care about your little perfect Angel!' I screamed.
'It's probably your falut!' he continued. I raised my wand, he backed away.
'I don't care and if you don't go away I'll make you' I yelled, my wand glowed. He looked uncertain.
'I can't believe that you are so selfish!' he screamed and shut the door. I flopped on my bed and closed my eyes remembering Dirk and how we spent our days out.
'Lilith!' I heard my mother. I sighed and went out with a plastic bag to put in the weeds. I took some hedge clippers and went outside to do the gardening when I heard a scream, from Angela.
I tried to resize the images but they lost quality quickly, hope they're big enough and some aren't good quality(I need to download FRAPS apparently but then I'm to lazy to crop the pause sign). Would you like the chapters longer?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Jan 2009 at 7:09 PM
I love the pleasants as well. Its a nice story, cant wait to see how this goes. I think the chapters are a nice enough size. :D
Scholar
#6 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 4:15 AM
The chapters are a pretty good size, maybe a bit longer, but whatever works for you

Lilith's parents are being real b!tches! Run away, Lilith, you've got your magic...

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 11:19 AM
Thanks for the comments!Update today!
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Jan 2009 at 2:11 PM
Sorry:(
Sorry but no update, I spent lots of time to prepare this chapter and then Mozila Firefox crashed and now I lost ALL of what I wrote I'm afraid your going to wait until tomorrow or maybe I will today.
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 8:38 AM
Default A Pleasant life-Chapter three
Instead of running into the house like a good sister, I went to the swing and sat on it swinging myself a bit back and forth. As I watched the snow fall, I missed Dirk terribly. I remembered the first time we met...

I was sitting on the same swing while Angela was playing hide and seek with her friends. After she was caught she paused the game.
'Lilith go and get us some juice and snacks! Now!' Angela ordered me. I obeyed and went into the house when Mom stopped me.
'Lilith take out the trash, it stinks!' she ordered me.
'But-' I began.
'No buts now!' she yelled. I took the trash outside and dumped it in the bin, when I got rid of it I saw a boy about my age. He was dark haired and skinned. As he looked at me I blushed and turned away, I was quite shy then.

Angela came out angry.
'Where are our snacks?' she demanded.
'I'm sorry, Mom told me to take the tr-' I began.
'No, you are my servant the only reason for you to be born was to serve me!' she screamed, I started to cry. The boy stopped at Angela.
'She can do whatever she wants!' he screamed back at her.
'She obeys me and no one else!' she replied. A bit argument struck, I wiped my tears and smiled at the boy.
'What is she to you?' he asked her.
'She's my ser-' Angela began but I cut her of.
'She is my twin sister' I said looking down. The boy looked shocked.
'How can you treat your twin like that, you are not the only living person and I can see by your dress that you are full of yourself!' he screamed at Angela, she looked shocked but recovered quickly.
'Who do you think you are talking to me like this?' she asked.

'I'm Dirk Dreamer' he replied. I smiled and stopped my shyness.
'Do you want to play with me?' I asked.
'Sure' he said and we walked back to the swing.
'You are such a selfish brat!' she screamed at me.
'Yeah well look at Angela and you'll see a spoiled selfish brat!' I yelled, I was struck on the face. I shoved her to the floor.
'Don't you talk about my Angela like that!' she yelled, I stepped over her and shut my door.
'You'll pay for this! And I mean pay for all of this!' I heard her yell and storm off. I walked to my spell book and studied some magic until dinner time.

Sorry about the long wait, hope you like this chapter. Also sorry if one of the pictures don't have good quality, they lose quality if you us fraps as well. Any suggestions for improvment and comments are always welcomed. Oh and sorry for too little pictures here I really have to balance them.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 17th Jan 2009 at 6:27 PM
Very good update, the pics looked fine to me :D
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 11:50 AM
Actually this was because of a pose, I downloaded a hack. And when I made them do the poses they all floated, it was quite funny. I hoped no one would notice, oh well now you know why. Update might come today.
Scholar
#12 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 12:06 PM
I liked this chapter, it was good.
But why are Lilith's family so horrible? Poor Lilith

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Original Poster
#13 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 12:15 PM
Don't worry, she won't have to bother with them soon
Scholar
#14 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 12:23 PM
*shocked*
She's not going to kill them is she!?

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Original Poster
#15 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 12:30 PM
Nothing like that of courseI'm writing the next chapter, you'll find out when I'm finishedThanks all for the comments

I am having a issue and can not find it, I will delete this messege as soon as it's answered. When I click tab the the sim panel disappears(where you see the moods and so on) when I press again then it doesn't show up, how do I make it show up? Hope you guys can help I haven't found this is MTS2 and if there is please send me a link, it'll keep you busy while I'm writing this chapter.
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Jan 2009 at 1:15 PM
Default A Pleasant life-Chapter four
Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate them I made the pictures a bit bigger this time hopefully better quality. Enjoy.

When it was dinner I was called downstairs, I obeyed since I was hungry myself. When I went down I saw Angela in her pink robe talking to Mom next to her.
'Oh hello Lilith, I want some salad' she demanded. I made a face. Mom glared at me.
'If she's sick then why should she have salad? I mean she should have toast and plain stuff' I said. Angela stuck her tongue out.
'Now!' Mom said. I went over to the kitchen cutting the vegatables and mixing them in a bowl. I gave it to her and went to make my own, which was a ham sandwich.
'Lilith!' I heard Mom yell. I came out.
'What?' I asked her in a tone.
'What about me and your father' she said.
'Dad's at work duh! And you can make your own' I said, this gave me a slap. I couldn't believe this, this was child abuse. I took Angela's plate and dropped it on the floor and went outside, quickly getting my broom stick.
'Lilith!' Mom yelled. I flew of to a a hill, where I relax. This was mine and Dirk's place to meet.

When I got up the hill, my cell started ringing.
'Hello?' I answered.
'Liliy it's us, we just moved into a house' said a familiar voice.
'Granpa!' I yelled.
'Does she want to come over?' I heard Grandma ask.
'Do you-' Granpa began.
'Yes! Please! More then ever!' I yelled.
'Ok so wh-' he began again.
'I'll come right over! Bye!' I said and hung up. I jumped on my broomstick. I arrived just as Grandma was making lunch, she was surprised about the broomstick so I just explained. As I sat down to have lunch, chef salad I explained about my witchiness. They just nodded.
'Listen...I have one request' I said looking down.
'What is it dear?' Grandma asked.
'We will do anything' said Grandpa.

'Can you...adopt me?' I said looking up.
'Well...what about your mother? I mean...' said Gradma.
'Liliy, the only reason we moved here was to spend our last years together' said Grandpa.
'Oh please!' Please!' I begged.
'Well...' said Grandma.
'Please! I don't want to go back home I ran away!' I confessed.
'Why?' asked Grandpa looking shocked.
'Please!' I still begged.
'You stay the night and we'll discuss it tomorrow alright?' Grandma said.
'Alright' I said.
'We already made your room' said Grandpa.
'Your style' said Grandma.
'Cool' I said, got up and did the dishes. I could her them.
'What did Mary-sue do now?' I heard Grandpa.
'I don't know but she sounded desperate' replied Grandma.
'Well?' he said. Both of them looked at me then stood up and walked to me.
'Dear we have something to say...'
#17 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 3:12 AM
Nice update, not really sure what to expect out of the grandparents...i hope they take her in though its sad how her family treats her.
Scholar
#18 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 7:03 AM
Ha ha, sorry about the killing comment. I'm random sometimes :D

Well, this is good. But if you want better picture quality and size, why don't you just take pictures in-game and upload them on photobucket? That's what I do.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 2:49 PM
I cannot resize them there, but thanks anyway Update will come tomorrow. I'm busy with homework today:S
Field Researcher
#20 Old 19th Jan 2009 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by X_Lea_X
I cannot resize them there, but thanks anyway Update will come tomorrow. I'm busy with homework today:S

I use Picasa to resize my stuff if your looking for somewhere to resize its a free download to use it. Although im not that sure how it works for sims because i dont really take pics of my sims lol.
Original Poster
#21 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 4:13 PM
Thanks for the program I am downloading it now, I hope it works better
Original Poster
#22 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 8:30 AM
Default A Pleasant life-Chapter four
Sorry I haven't updated in a while I've been very busy, thanks so much for the program it's great! Enjoy

I stared hard at Grandma, she looked at Grandpa.
'It won't be right with your mother' she said.
'What do you mean?' I asked. 'She probably doesn't care that I'm gone'
'I know! You can go to college and see that boy' said Grandpa.
'But...I'm no good' I said looking down.
'Nonsense! With a bit of tutoring you'll be able to go to college! And after you graduate you can live here with Moonshine' said Grandma.
'Who?' asked me and Grandpa at the same time.
'Just this little cat I adopted...' Grandma replied. A Black and white cat jumped at her, she held it tight. I stroked Moonshine, he purred.
'I know him!' I said. 'I always wanted him' I stroked him.
'Alright then we'll have lessons for Lily here' said Grandpa.
'But people will know who I am' I said.
'That is true' said Grandma.
'I'll change my name, my hair until I don't look anything like me!' I said.

After Grandma had done a makeover for me I couldn't recognize myself. The days of studying were boring but well worth it, before I knew it I knew everything mostly. When it was our last night before I go to college we had a BBQ. Grandpa cooked some burgers and hot dogs. As I munched my hamburgers I thought of Dirk and how we would see each other very soon.
'Now your new name is...' said Grandma looking at me. I thought hard for a perfect name.
'Do you have a favorite book?' asked Grandpa. I nodded.
'Catherine' I said smiling remembering my favorite book. Besides I always liked that name. Moonshine was under me meowing. I cut a bit of my meat and slide it of to him. I knew Grandma saw me she just smiled and shook her head. That night I cried, the thought of leaving them made me cry and then seeing Dirk made my tears go away. I might never see them again...I thought of them dead since their time is almost up. I know I'll make like a little cemetery, like the Goths do. I lied down in bed and closed my eyes thinking of Dirk, I fell asleep right away.

The day had come and the taxi was here, with my last hugs to Grandma and Grandpa-and Moonshine. I sat in the taxi with my bags and waved them goodbye, tears streaming down my eyes.

#23 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 1:23 PM
W-wow, that was a big step Lilith!
If you have a look at the pictures in my fic, the way I get them is I go to camera options in-game, change the settings to high quality pictures and large pictures, then upload them on photobucket 640 x 768! Works like a dream.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything

av credit
Original Poster
#24 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 1:31 PM
Thanks for the tip, I'll try that. I wanted to change her mostly but still make her look good that was a bit hard :S Oh well now she has to go to college.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 5:21 PM
Good update. Hope all goes well for her when she goes to college.
Page 1 of 2