Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2010 at 8:11 PM
Default Double Heart Bakery ( A Comic)

Will Mike make it up to Nikki for missing their anniversary? Will Darren turn to Christy for a listening ear? Will Mina ever stop arguing with every one? Find out in part 2 of Double Heart Bakery.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 5:25 PM
A lot going on here and I love the effect you use to make it look like a comic. Well a modern comic anyway. I don't always like it on the printed page. I feel like it's designed to make me linger and love the pretty drawings more than the storyline. But in this format it really works for you. Between the character questions and the mini-mystery of the embezzlement, there's lots of room for this to grow. More please.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 21st Sep 2010 at 11:04 PM
Wow, what an original idea! Few stories are told in this format, and I think it really makes yours stand out from the rest. However, there's some issues with the speech bubbles to keep in mind. There are some pages where I don't know where to start reading, and it's somewhat confusing. Perhaps try to keep them in a top to bottom order in the future? If that makes any sense... Anyway, I'm curious to see what happens next!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Oct 2010 at 7:35 AM
Default Part 2 The Getaway/Betrayal
Hello guys I just wanted to let you guys know I tried to improve the speech bubbles, they read from left to right, top to bottom or whichever one is higher thanks for reading and enjoy.

Will Mike and Nicole get to enjoy their Game? Will Mina confide about what she found on Darren's computer? Will Chrissy get the Man? Find out all this and more in chapter 3 the confrontation.
I will post Chap 3 soon I have pictures already but job keeps me busy. I hope you enjoyed reading this and if so leave a comment or a thank you. I love to hear feed back to make my story better. Again thanks for reading and have an excellent day.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 11:59 PM
Need more! I know...I know...you just posted and readers can be so demanding! Great update! Really looking forward to seeing what unfolds.
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2010 at 9:15 PM
I'm hooked...more, more more! lol
Field Researcher
#7 Old 24th Oct 2010 at 4:53 AM
Man, such good stuff. Not sure I like it for Mina how Christy keeps popping up. Christy seems to be like a bad penny. And why does Darren encourage her to be that way? Something's sure rotten in the state of Denmark. Love the Mike and Nikki relationship. Big girls need love too and it's great you aren't staying away from giving them love scenes just because Nikki isn't classically sexy. They should be more the ones talking about a family than Darren and Mina. Mike and Nikki would be great examples for a child. More please.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 1:18 AM
Default Part 3: Is it the End?
Many of the speech bubbles read from top to bottom or left to right I hope you enjoy this story as it is starting to get juicy.

We find Mike and Nikki getting cozy. :lovestruc

Meanwhile Darren is outback partying with neighbors.

The next morning.

Michael finally gets a chance to talk to Darren.

Darren calm's down at the mention of his father.

The next day Nikki finds Mike outside

Will Mina confront Darren before boarding her plane. What does Chrissty have to talk to Darren about so urgently? What is that trouble in Mike's and Nicole's paradise. Thanks for reading and if you feel like it leave a comment let me know if you liked it.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 5:06 PM
Man, Christy better watch her step. It took a lot of restraint for Mina to not just drown her in that hot tub. The evil mind behind that pretty face is going to lead her to become a beautiful corpse if she doesn't tread more lightly.

Tend to agree with Mike about Darren and Mina as far as he and Nikki staying out of it. Unsolicited advice in situations that thorny is hardly if ever welcome. But he's going to have to separate that from his concerns about the missing money if he doesn't want his own martial issues to deal with. He was awfully snappy for little good reason about it and that's just bad communication right there.

Man, five main characters and all the drama you need. That's some really good work right there. Keep it up.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 1:04 AM
Great update! Really enjoying the story. One thing I never get is why the wives blame the other woman. I'd love to see her in her husband's face instead of telling the other woman to back off. It always strikes me as the two women ending up in a cat fight while the man just watches and waits to see who wins him. LOL
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 4:24 PM
Default Part 4: Departure?
Hi everyone its been a while since I posted but here is part 4. The speech bubbles read from left to right or which ever is higher, however some of the positions the Sims are in made some of the speech bubbles hard to place I'll have to let you know who's talking first. Enjoy and have a great day.

Mina confronts Darren

Darren warns Mina

And overhead voice lets Mina know her plane is prepared for take off she turns without saying another word and walks away

Meanwhile Chrissty has trouble paying a bill.

He locks eyes with Darren

Darren takes Chrissty back to his room and talks with her, he speaks first.

Darren continues

Darren stands up shocked by what Chrissty tells him

Back at the Bakery

Does Nikki really have the stomach flu, and did Darren really empty Mina's account and whats eating Mike find out in Part 5 of sweet heart bakery.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 25th Dec 2010 at 5:11 PM
The drama! The romance! The intrigue! I LOVE IT!

Nicole and Mike are both really unique looking (very refreshing, keepin' that pudding out) and such a sweet couple. I love that your protagonist is a big girl, she's fabulous. Personally, I am so over that super-thin-fake-boobs look that's all over the media.

Keep udpating! <3
Field Researcher
#13 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 1:53 PM
Helpful hint: Spellcheck.

I'm sorry, but between looking at the images and trying to decipher the words from the thick outlines on the bubbles, I can't really get the story.....
Alchemist
#14 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 5:18 PM
Once a cheater, always a cheater. If I was Mina, I would've killed Darren already xD

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins