Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 3:27 PM
Default User Startup Cheats
Okay, this has been something that I've been frustrated at, I wanted this userstartup to work, yet I get back on the game and go to build a lot and see the cheat isn't activated.
I know there's one cheat that worked and that's the one where you're able to look far out from the lot and showing grid off (not snap off), but that's the least useful right now.

Here's what I have in the file:
boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 20
uintProp LotSkirtSizeIncrease 120
floatProp tvVolume 0.2
intProp censorGridSize 0
moveObjects on
boolProp allow45degreeangleofrotation true
boolprop quartertileplacementenabled true
boolprop snapObjectstoGrid false
boolprop dontMergeNHFlora false
boolprop useShaders true
boolprop controlPets on

alias cheatson "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true"
alias cheatsoff "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false"
alias moveon "moveObjects on"
alias moveoff "moveObjects off"
alias snapon "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid true"
alias snapoff "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false"
alias p "plumbobtoggle"

Is there any mistake or case sensitive thing I'm not aware of?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 3:58 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 14th Oct 2021 at 4:18 PM.
moveObjects on
doesn't work as "always on" so remove that one. You can use it as an alias.

If you try to use cheats as "always on" that don't work as such, they'll deactivate the rest of the cheats below them in the list, so best not do that.

boolprop snapObjectstoGrid false (and true)
should also be only in the aliases, or you'll have issues with placing items that need to go on grids (counters, chairs, tables, etc.). This is best used left off but turned on and off as you need it through an easy to remember alias.

"plumbobtoggle" has on/off options, so you may have to use at least the "off" option

For quartertile the cheat has to be activated either by typing it in or through the startup cheat, and then ingame you have to activate it again with Ctrl+F to make it work.

Quote:
boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 20
uintProp LotSkirtSizeIncrease 120
floatProp tvVolume 0.2
intProp censorGridSize 0
REMOVE --> moveObjects on
boolProp allow45degreeangleofrotation true
boolprop quartertileplacementenabled true
REMOVE --> boolprop snapObjectstoGrid false
boolprop dontMergeNHFlora false
boolprop useShaders true
boolprop controlPets on

alias cheatson "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true"
alias cheatsoff "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false"
alias moveon "moveObjects on"
alias moveoff "moveObjects off"
alias snapon "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid true"
alias snapoff "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false"
alias p "plumbobtoggle off"

(Aliases can be shorter - make them short enough to remember them and to not get tired of typing them in all the time, especially building/decorating cheats if you use them often. Personally I have shortened Snapobjects and moveobjects to sn/sf and mn/mf because both can easily be typed with the left hand, so I don't have to move the right hand off the mouse all the time to type).
Theorist
#3 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 6:24 PM
The censorGridSize cheat has been removed ever since UNIp1. Remove the line and get a censor remover package from SexySims (or use the SeeThem2 program).

Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
"plumbobtoggle" has on/off options, so you may have to use at least the "off" option
This is not required - plumbbobtoggle is a valid cheat on its own, without on/off; try it.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 6:39 PM
^ Nice to know the plumbbobtoggle thing (thought I'd read something about that, but wasn't entirely sure)

Just a few notes on the SeeThem2 program:
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 10:49 AM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
moveObjects on
doesn't work as "always on" so remove that one. You can use it as an alias.

If you try to use cheats as "always on" that don't work as such, they'll deactivate the rest of the cheats below them in the list, so best not do that.

boolprop snapObjectstoGrid false (and true)
should also be only in the aliases, or you'll have issues with placing items that need to go on grids (counters, chairs, tables, etc.). This is best used left off but turned on and off as you need it through an easy to remember alias.

For quartertile the cheat has to be activated either by typing it in or through the startup cheat, and then ingame you have to activate it again with Ctrl+F to make it work.

(Aliases can be shorter - make them short enough to remember them and to not get tired of typing them in all the time, especially building/decorating cheats if you use them often. Personally I have shortened Snapobjects and moveobjects to sn/sf and mn/mf because both can easily be typed with the left hand, so I don't have to move the right hand off the mouse all the time to type).

Thank you! This is so helpful, I wasn't aware how the cheats can't be on by default.