Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Defuglified Maxis faces - 27 CAS face replacements for all ages

by selzi Posted 25th Sep 2007 at 2:51 PM - Updated 20th Mar 2009 at 6:23 PM by selzi : updated links

191 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 171 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 8
Inventor
#26 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 10:02 AM Last edited by roxxy : 26th Sep 2007 at 10:52 AM. Reason: asked a question
I plan on carefully mixing and matching some of these templates. Thanks very much.

I was wondering though, your files are one single file for each of the 27 shapes as opposed to numerous files for each type. So does your one file cover all the ages/genders?

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Test Subject
#27 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 10:54 AM
Wow, thanks for these. These are probably the best replacement templates I've seen: they keep the quirkiness and individuality of the Maxis faces they are based on, but without the exploded features. I can't wait to see some new townies being generated with these faces.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 10:56 AM
Thank you for these faces - I know this is arduous work and you've done a nice job keeping the characteristics of the originals while bringing more beauty to our neighborhoods. Mostly thank you for making them separate and allowing us to pick and choose our replacements!!!
Test Subject
#29 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 11:23 AM
Awsome. Thanks for this

Hush baby don't talk too much, just wanna feel your touch...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 12:10 PM
Thanks a lot for your comments, everyone! :lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by roxxy
I was wondering though, your files are one single file for each of the 27 shapes as opposed to numerous files for each type. So does your one file cover all the ages/genders?

Exactly. I put all ages and genders for each face into one single file because it's not advisable to use different templates for different age groups of one face. In this case the sim would totally change his/her looks when he/she ages ...

Quote: Originally posted by **I_am_ME**
are you able to take them out of your game once they're in and it won't affect existing sims?

Yes, you can take them out whenever you like and it won't affect any sims created with these. Just delete them when you don't want them any more and you'll have the Maxis faces back in CAS and Body Shop, but your sims will still look the same.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 12:15 PM
yay!! *downloads*

Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Inventor
#32 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by selzi
Thanks a lot for your comments, everyone! :lovestruc

Exactly. I put all ages and genders for each face into one single file because it's not advisable to use different templates for different age groups of one face. In this case the sim would totally change his/her looks when he/she ages ...

Thank you for confirming this, I thought that was the case but had to ask to be certain. I used a few of your faces for some of the more extreme types, should make a nice change to some of the fugly townies.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 5:36 PM
Hi Selzi.
I`m a big fan of your sets. I`ve already been using your first set and it`s fantastic!! My sims are extremely gorgeous - what a difference!!! lol - and I wasn`t planning to change the set... but as you made a new one even more fantastic, I guess I won`t resist in trying this on, too... smile.
Thanks soooooo much for your hard job and sharing it with us, too.
Vicky
Test Subject
#34 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 6:45 PM
I've said it before but thanks Selzi, they"re gorgeous... and now i can download them !

Who ? Me ?!?
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 8:20 PM
I remember seeing you mention working on this set on the legacy challenge LJ community, and I was looking forward to it.
Now I know it was worth the wait! The set looks so cute. A little bit of "sameness" (mostly around the brow and jaw on ones like, say, 16 and 20 for the brow, or 7 and 11 for the jaw), but heck- that happens with just about every set, and is easily fixed by mixing in other replacement sets.
What few faces I haven't yet replaced (1, 2, and 8, namely) are going to get a change, now. (Waauugh, that heart one is so doggone cute! I want townies with it immediately!)
Thank you so much for sharing this. I can't wait to see some townies and NPCs with these. I just hope I don't overload my neighborhood while adding in some new townies. Heh. ^^;
Test Subject
#36 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 10:48 PM
First of all, congrats on completing a second set!

Selzi, these are extraordinary. I love, love, love your sense of beauty. These faces are so cute. Thank you for sharing with us! You are just the best.

Hurray for more face replacements!
Field Researcher
#37 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 11:55 PM
i'm sorry to say i think these messed up my game. i was playing in a three-person household i had just made (guys, all with the new faces) and everything was normal, and then my screen went blue. i tried to make something happen, but it just stayed blue. i had to turn it off in the end. this has never happened before, and i've never downloaded anything like this before, so i'll assume that this was what caused the problem.

Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 4:32 AM
I think these are the best set I have seen out here. I am using faces from two different creators right now and think I will just try yours they look so good.
Can you tell me what does is this that you talk about? Argon's fix ?
Thanks
Test Subject
#39 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 5:43 AM
thankies selz!!! these are the best!
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 5:46 AM
That is a very great work. How many time do you have spend on this? Thank you very much for doing and sharing. You are a really very good creator.
Thank you once again.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 12:12 PM Last edited by selzi : 28th Sep 2007 at 1:30 AM.
Thanks so much, everyone! You guys rock!

Quote: Originally posted by Matze
How many time do you have spend on this?

This time I was really quick - maybe one week in total? My last set took more time because I had to make up the 27 faces one by one - this time I knew in advance what the faces should look like.

Quote: Originally posted by Gizmo7680
Can you tell me what does is this that you talk about? Argon's fix ?

When Maxis coded the 27 template faces for all ages they made an error with #21 and #25 - these two faces only show up for adults, but not for toddlers, kids, teens or elders. When you create an adult sim with face #21 or #25 he will revert to face #1 when he ages. When you breed one of those sims with another one this sim will pass on face #1 genetics, so the kids will look very different from its parents. This has been very annoying, and for a long time nobody had a solution for this.

But then Argon came and posted his awesome fix. With his little hack all the other age groups show up for the doomed faces #21 and #25, and I suppose now they even pass on their genetics correctly (I haven't tried this out yet). If you use face templates which were made before July 2007 it's possible they don't even include all ages for these two faces (like my own old set, I deleted the extra ages since they didn't show up anyway) - but this time I completed all ages for these as well, so everything should show up properly with the help of Argon's fix.

i'm sorry to say i think these messed up my game. i was playing in a three-person household i had just made (guys, all with the new faces) and everything was normal, and then my screen went blue. i tried to make something happen, but it just stayed blue. i had to turn it off in the end. this has never happened before, and i've never downloaded anything like this before, so i'll assume that this was what caused the problem.

I'm so sorry you're having problems like this ... This is just a guess, but maybe deleting the file My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/groups.cache would help? That file stores all kind of information about the status of the game, and it causes lots of trouble. I delete it almost every time before I play because it's regenerated by the game every time, and I haven't had any problems with these faces so far - maybe this would help in your case, too? Just in case you're willing to try out the faces again - I wouldn't blame you if you aren't ...

Quote: Originally posted by terrakosmos
First of all, congrats on completing a second set!

Selzi, these are extraordinary. I love, love, love your sense of beauty. These faces are so cute. Thank you for sharing with us! You are just the best.

Hurray for more face replacements!

*SQUEEEE* Terra, my personal goddess of face templates ... :lovestruc I'm so glad you like them! Even after completing my first set I secretly kept on admiring yours because your faces were so similar to the originals and still beautiful looking ...

Quote: Originally posted by Mirablu
I remember seeing you mention working on this set on the legacy challenge LJ community, and I was looking forward to it.

You did? HAHA, that's too cool ...
Top Secret Researcher
#42 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 7:47 PM
[QUOTE=selzi]
When Maxis coded the 27 template faces for all ages they made an error with #21 and #25 - these two faces only show up for adults, but not for toddlers, kids, teens or elders. When you create an adult sim with face #21 or #25 he will revert to face #1 when he ages. When you breed one of those sims with another one this sim will pass on face #1 genetics, so the kids will look very different from its parents. This has been very annoying, and for a long time nobody had a solution for this.

But then Argon came and posted his awesome fix. With his little hack all the other age groups show up for the doomed faces #21 and #25, and I suppose now they even pass on their genetics correctly (I haven't tried this out yet). If you use face templates which were made before July 2007 it's possible they don't even include all ages for these two faces (like my own old set, I deleted the extra ages since they didn't show up anyway) - but this time I completed all ages for these as well, so everything should show up properly with the help of Argon's fix.

Thank You for explaining this for me. I never knew that before and I guess I never paid attention.
By the way last night I put these in my game and removed the ones I had from Terrakosmos. I opened up Body Shop and just love them, they are all so easy to work with and have the right size eyes.
They all shall make some very nice looking sims and not ugly ones. I am now tempted to uninstall my game and have the game regenerate some not so fugly sims.
Thank You
Field Researcher
#43 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 4:33 AM
it's totally harmless to delete and i won't lose any information? are you TOTALLY SURE??

Lab Assistant
#44 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 4:39 PM
These are lovely! I'm doing what you've said and mixed-and-matched the ones I like, so I have some of this set, your old set, some of Nailati's and some of someone else's, too. They look brilliant together! I'm really glad you made pretty faces as I'm not too into "realistic" faces like the other sets do. So yeah, thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 8:35 PM
it's totally harmless to delete and i won't lose any information? are you TOTALLY SURE??

Yes, it's totally safe to delete the groups.cache file. That file causes more trouble when it's not deleted! The game generates a new one with each startup, so you'll have another groups.cache file anyway after playing.

If you don't want to delete it you can move it into another folder, so the game would still be forced to create a new one on startup!

Quote: Originally posted by Jersey Princess
These are lovely! I'm doing what you've said and mixed-and-matched the ones I like, so I have some of this set, your old set, some of Nailati's and some of someone else's, too. They look brilliant together!

I bet they do - enjoy your one-of-a-kind individual face template set!
Field Researcher
#46 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 10:05 PM
ok, i'll try. i'll let you know what happens. thanks

Test Subject
#47 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 11:31 PM
Trully the best till now. I cannot manage to gey ugly sims after instaling these plus the default skintones avaiable on
http://dlmulsowssim-antics.com
Field Researcher
#48 Old 1st Oct 2007 at 4:35 PM
I had your older set of default replacements before but I absolutely LOVE these. I like that you tried to stay with the maxis look too
Test Subject
#49 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 6:50 PM
ooooooooh! i like these even mor than the old ones!!!

but i cant get them to work in my game =(
I've done everything you've said, and nothing changes =(
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 3rd Oct 2007 at 7:25 PM
Thanks so much, everyone!

Quote: Originally posted by SioniWinwns
but i cant get them to work in my game =(
I've done everything you've said, and nothing changes =(

Did you delete the groups.cache, cigen.package and CASThumbnails.package? You should also check if you're having other face replacements installed - if you do you should take them out of your Downloads folder!

Does other custom content work in your game?
Page 2 of 8