Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Defuglified Maxis faces - 27 CAS face replacements for all ages

by selzi Posted 25th Sep 2007 at 2:51 PM - Updated 20th Mar 2009 at 6:23 PM by selzi : updated links

191 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 171 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 8
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#176 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 6:59 PM
These have saved my game. Thanks a bunch
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#177 Old 17th Jan 2014 at 6:21 PM
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 11:49 PM
Hi selzi,
I'm currently in the process of converting DFRs like yours into non default for my own use. Do you have interest in adding them to your upload? At the moment I haven't converted any of your files and it takes approx. one hour to edit one of them, but if you say yes I'm happy to give you copies of them when I'm finished.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#179 Old 9th May 2014 at 5:04 AM
Great!! but some of them look all the same...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#180 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 9:32 PM
Thank you~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#181 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 4:23 AM
I have used this mod for years across many machines! I am IN LOVE!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#182 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 10:35 PM
Awesome! Thanks for doing all the hard work so that we don't have to look at those ugly mugs anymore!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#183 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 12:59 AM
Thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#184 Old 6th Dec 2014 at 7:54 PM
Thank you so much for creating this. This is perfect. No more wonky genetics!
Forum Resident
#185 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 1:38 PM
The one thing I dislike about this mod is that it makes the templates harder to distinguish. The mod makes all the face templates look more similar so there isn't as much of a variation available.

This mod was worth experiencing, but for the most part, I'm going to stick with the default maxis face templates.
Test Subject
#186 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 3:46 AM
They all look the same.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#187 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 9:55 PM
Well, thanks anyway! :D
Test Subject
#188 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 8:56 PM
I love the look of these faces. I downloaded all but deleted heart since I happen to prefer the slightly pointier nose.
I noticed that all of my female sims (Maxis templates in BodyShop and when you click on "select a sim" from the bin in CAS) have their faces blacked out (the same problem that occurs in the sims 3 when you download a sim and you no longer have the skin).
So I tried replacing the skin tone to see if it would fix like it does in the sims 3, but it seems that they are permanently blacked-out and I cannot fix this. Even the previews of all of my female default bin sims look like this, except the ones with completely custom faces or the ones with the 01 heart face.

I will attempt to install this in the program files to see if I can resolve the problem, but even when I removed the face templates they still look like this.
Test Subject
#189 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 9:32 PM
So I realized that I downloaded eyelash CC that ended up being a default replacement, which could explain the female sims being affected and not the male sims...
I will start up BodyShop to test this out again!

UPDATE:
I don't know what's causing this problem. It doesn't appear to be the eyelashes, though it did show one of the faces being blacked out. I don't know how to fix this :/
The templates look good, I just wish I could have some help with this?
Lab Assistant
#190 Old 23rd Aug 2017 at 8:16 PM
Off-topic - I'm confused as to why Don and Daniel like Kaylynn... Her face, without a default replacement, looks awful.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#191 Old 28th Feb 2024 at 1:06 PM
Awesome! I always kinda liked the Maxis faces, this feels like an improvement
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#192 Old 17th Apr 2024 at 9:47 PM
amazing its like the original but upgraded version ♥
Page 8 of 8