Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 2:43 PM
Default Exporting world with residents
Hi, my English is very bad, I am Russian. I do not know if this issue has been touched upon before, if yes, discard the link. I'm creating a Sims 3 city where every family has a story to tell. I want to play with each family for a while, and then export the city and share it. How can I export a city? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 8:49 PM
There are mainly 2 ways to export worlds with population. The way I did it was to use mods to give them traits and skills and then export them with those in the regular export file. If you really want to play with the families first you have to export it as a save file. What do you want to do?

I will have to search for the reference when I have the time. Perhaps someone else beats me to it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 5:02 PM
Sorry ... I don't understand well. The bottom line is that I want to make a city, as a developer, so that each family has a story, memories and relationships with each other. How can i do this? Is there an instruction?
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 6:46 PM
By making a city, do you mean creating one in CAW? As Volvenom said, there are two ways of adding population to a city.

First is to populate the world in CAW with the help of mods. Instructions are here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftit...ting_CAW_Worlds

Second way is to export your city from CAW and then build a savegame. This allows for deeper gameplay as everything is stored and you don't need mods for that. You can share your savegame folder along with the world.
dodgy builder
#5 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
By making a city, do you mean creating one in CAW? As Volvenom said, there are two ways of adding population to a city.

First is to populate the world in CAW with the help of mods. Instructions are here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php%3Ftit...ting_CAW_Worlds

Second way is to export your city from CAW and then build a savegame. This allows for deeper gameplay as everything is stored and you don't need mods for that. You can share your savegame folder along with the world.

Yes, not everyone knows how to use mods, and if he/she isn't good in English, go with the save file option. Save files are easier to understand.