Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 10:30 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default my sim has 5 wishes, not 3
Hi! I took my sims on vacation, and as I always wanted to have an extra box, here everything ok, until the other day my sims had 3 wish boxes again, minus one sim, this sim still has 5 wish boxes, I've gone of flies on vacation in case it was solved and nothing, it did not work.
How can I make it have 3 wish boxes? I don't want this sim to have benefits that the others don't.
sorry for my english, it is not my mother tongue.
If I have to edit this with "simpe" and if someone can help me since I don't know how to do anything with simpe, just change the surnames and with a graphic instruction manual, Thank you
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 3:07 PM
Usually, sims will have 4 wants and 3 fears by default.
(picture here: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Wants_and_fears )

They'll have 5 wants boxes if they've partly finished college, and 6 if they've finished it (I think they must pass to get 6). 3 boxes doesn't sound normal - unless you're talking about something else?

You can edit these with a variety of mods ingame, which is much simpler and safer than messing about in SimPE. I tend to use the Insimenator mod for adding/removing these slots and locks, but the SimBlender and various college/school mods probably have that option, too.

If you mean something else, maybe you can take a picture/screenshot of what you mean?
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 5:39 PM
The batbox also has a simple option to fix wants slots.
Alchemist
#4 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 6:20 PM
Just chiming in to say that there's a vacation benefit that also adds a want slot, like the OP says. It sounds like the benefit didn't go away when the timer was up. In that case, yeah, do like simmer22 and Lili975 suggested and reset the sim's wants and fears using your mod of choice or through bookprop (turn testing cheats on, click on a sim, spawn the baby. There's an option to reset wants and fears on that too.)

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 7:08 PM
^ Didn't know that (but haven't had my sims go on vacations since sometime around 2007, so I guess that's why...)

Still, I think they should normally return to 4 and not 3 slots.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
^ Didn't know that (but haven't had my sims go on vacations since sometime around 2007, so I guess that's why...)

Still, I think they should normally return to 4 and not 3 slots.

Hello everyone, thanks for the quick responses, it's true there are 4 WISHES, not 3, I was wrong, but how do I know the sim has 5, so I can fix it with that batman style box? I don't know the trick bool proop .. , can you tell me whole? .. sorry for the inconvenience
And yes, the sim has 5 wishes to go on vacation. I have an inseminator, how is it done with it? I only use it for few things ...
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th Oct 2021 at 11:52 PM
There's an item you can spawn in by clicking on the ground (destination menu, "Spawn --> aspiration adjustor", if you have the SIM or DEST version of Insimenator), or it's in the buy menu ("Electronics -> All"). It looks like a wooden stool. The menus should be somewhat self-explanatory (hopefully) - some are most likely in the "more..." menu.

Picture here (you can kind of see the stool behind the head of the sim)
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...ration_Adjustor
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
There's an item you can spawn in by clicking on the ground (destination menu, "Spawn --> aspiration adjustor", if you have the SIM or DEST version of Insimenator), or it's in the buy menu ("Electronics -> All"). It looks like a wooden stool. The menus should be somewhat self-explanatory (hopefully) - some are most likely in the "more..." menu.

Picture here (you can kind of see the stool behind the head of the sim)
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...ration_Adjustor

Thank you very much, I saw that section of the inseminator, it is incredible, if it is a stool, and there is the section to reset or something like that and my sim already has his 4 normal wishes, what I do not know, is why they stayed 5 of the holidays or one other wish. Thank you very much, you have been very helpful.
Sorry for my bad english