Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Move Over Dahlen

by leefish Posted 11th Dec 2011 at 2:44 PM - Updated 10th Nov 2013 at 3:03 AM by leefish : add collection file info

150 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 54 Feedback Posts, 95 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 7
Inventor
THANKS POST
#26 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 3:44 AM
Wonderful! Thank you
Test Subject
#27 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 4:03 AM
The problem is the shorter bookcase, not the bits. Everything else is fine to me, but only the small bookcase cannot be gotten out of the shopping menu. I could see it from the catalog, but when I chose and pulled it out, it didn't appear on my lot. I know I have to place them against the wall, but this bookcase didn't even appear on my lot.
Thank you for considering my question.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
Original Poster
#28 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 4:10 AM
Its a community lot isn't it? HEADDESK. Will hurry to get a fix for you asap. Sorry.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 4:11 AM
Yes, it is. Thank you so much. :D
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
Original Poster
#30 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 4:17 AM
There is a PM in your box - thank you very much for telling me. I will post a fix as quick as I can.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 4:28 AM
Oh my God, it works finely! You're really quick! Thank you so much! I can run my own dream library now. Thank you. I hope to see more of your genius creations. :D
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#32 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 4:36 AM
Another wonderfully unique upload!

These will make for versatile library building indeed! Thank you for sharing your creations.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ladyjerry7229
Oh my God, it works finely! You're really quick! Thank you so much! I can run my own dream library now. Thank you. I hope to see more of your genius creations. :D

I have run about in a flaily way and updated the bookcase rar files attached to the post. I just want to repeat - THANK YOU - it was a stupid mistake on my part and it really helps when people take the time to say if they find a problem - if I don't know about it I can't fix it.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 4:46 AM
I never give thank yous but man oh man is this nice! I've been hoping for something like this for a long time!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#35 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 5:10 AM
This rocks my very nerdy former-library-desk-jockey socks. Can't wait to use this!
*shrugs*
#36 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 7:03 AM
This is so great! Bookcases and surfaces are a staple of many a Sim home, so having such variety is a godsend. Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#37 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 10:21 AM
this is just to awesome for words leesester! thank you so so much! i have been wanting something like this for years!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#38 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 10:40 AM
I genuinely giggled at the name! These are amazing, and having a collection only option makes them even more so. Thank you very very much!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#39 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 11:26 AM
You. Are. BRILLIANT. This is so awesome! I've always wanted my little simmies to have their own private libraries with matching bookcases and shelves. Now it's possible, thanks to you, Lee. Thank you! :D
Bowties are cool.
#40 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 1:27 PM
WOW, this is amazing! I love books/bookshelves, so you can imagine I'm totally in love with these!

Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#41 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 2:18 PM
This is briliant! Thank You so much! I love libraries and You just give them a brand new dimension
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#42 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 3:49 PM Last edited by MacApple : 14th Dec 2011 at 6:20 PM. Reason: More gushing.
I'm so excited about this download because now I can have some of those low "bookcases" near the floor for my "Mary Tyler Moore" style apartment! Yay! Not to mention the entire concept of this set is awesome. Thank you.

Last night, I used this set in my Ice Castle (Christmas theme) house to create a beautiful library in an octagonal turret room. I placed the small shelf pieces over the entry and windows. And the results are gorgeous. Love, love, love this set!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#43 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 4:06 PM Last edited by neonhorn22 : 12th Dec 2011 at 5:53 PM.
OMG! YES! YES! Thank you!!!! I've always wanted something like this!!! You've made my Sims day!!!

EDIT: Okay, I've downloaded the collection version and it shows up fine and places fine, however, the deco books that go in the deco cases.....for some reason they don't place correctly in the bookshelves. If I have a short and a tall deco bookcase together, the deco books place in the center of these two bookcases instead of inside one. Is this right? Am I doing something wrong?
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#44 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 6:16 PM
OMG.

OMG.

OMG.

Truly, you have made my year. I will love you for the rest of my life. And the life after that. And the life after that. And the life after that. I cannot thank you enough for this. Seriously, there are no words. I cannot believe the work that you put into this. The library will look totally, utterly fabulous now. Maybe I'll even post pics once I get it all fitted out with these.

Again, thank you. So much. From the deepest bottom of my heart. :lovestruc
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neonhorn22
OMG! YES! YES! Thank you!!!! I've always wanted something like this!!! You've made my Sims day!!!

EDIT: Okay, I've downloaded the collection version and it shows up fine and places fine, however, the deco books that go in the deco cases.....for some reason they don't place correctly in the bookshelves. If I have a short and a tall deco bookcase together, the deco books place in the center of these two bookcases instead of inside one. Is this right? Am I doing something wrong?

No - you are not doing anything wrong - its how the slots work.

See, to make it totally flexible on the flat cases each shelf has three slots. One on the left, one in the middle, one on the right.

The BOOKS -
a full stack will fill a WHOLE shelf (so you put them in the middle slot). If you put them on the outer edges they will stick out - I did it deliberately with some - it can look quite nice.
a mini stack (numbers 1 to 4) will fill a single slot so you can have them any slot
a ministack (numbers 5 and 6) will fill half a shelf - so you put one on the left, one on the right, leave the middle empty

On the corners there are 4 slots per level - 2 per shelf. The ministacks 5 and 6 fill the shelf, the other ministacks (1 -4) are for either right or left. Most of them fit fine.

You can't really use the long pieces on the corners.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
OMG.

OMG.

OMG.

Truly, you have made my year. I will love you for the rest of my life. And the life after that. And the life after that. And the life after that. I cannot thank you enough for this. Seriously, there are no words. I cannot believe the work that you put into this. The library will look totally, utterly fabulous now. Maybe I'll even post pics once I get it all fitted out with these.

Again, thank you. So much. From the deepest bottom of my heart. :lovestruc

Awww. Yea, I made em for you cos it was nearly Christmas and ..and...um, yea and I would love to see pictures

Veteran Finn
#47 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 7:06 PM
Aww, everything in my vocabulary is used already...

Hieno homma lee, nää on mahtavia!

...in your face english.

Great job lee, these are awesome!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 10:05 PM Last edited by leesester : 13th Dec 2011 at 6:20 AM.
Ulp. I am totally overwhelmed on the response on this - thank you all of you. I have been busy playing with it (gotta build a bookstore ) and I think my favourite bit is stepping the books up round the corners on the corner pieces .

I HAVE identified a possible issue which I am working on right now - the over the door bit shelf is FINE - no problems at all - its when I put things in it that the doors get stuck (HEADDESK) - so a special mini-set of over the door books is coming along. It's an easy fix - but I want to make it clear that there is this teeny issue.......

Actually - here is a cooler solution - I am working on improving the over the door bit - but in the meantime (with thanks to Netmicro and MSD) - an endtable that will convert objects to intersectable versions of themselves is added to the downloads list. Instructions are IN the object.

Lab Assistant
#49 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 3:56 AM
You now have supplied the community with items to create more elegant Libraries! Awesome!
Test Subject
#50 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 6:26 AM
This is GENIUS! I can finally get my libraries to look the way I want them too. Many thanks!
Page 2 of 7