Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Move Over Dahlen

by leefish Posted 11th Dec 2011 at 2:44 PM - Updated 10th Nov 2013 at 3:03 AM by leefish : add collection file info

150 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 54 Feedback Posts, 95 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#51 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
an endtable that will convert objects to intersectable versions of themselves

It does what?! My mind is blown. You guys are wizards!
Seriously, that table should have its own upload thread.
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 3:25 PM Last edited by leesester : 13th Dec 2011 at 3:33 PM. Reason: sadly snipped by the fish
<snip> .
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#53 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 3:32 PM Last edited by leesester : 13th Dec 2011 at 3:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by neonhorn22
<snip>

Um - I guess from that that you have workd out how to use the books? But in all seriousness it is not allowed to put remarks like that in upload thread - if it gets awarded then it gets awarded - if it doesn't - well, it is still fun to play with right?

/lee feels it is slightly ridiculous to warn someone for posts in her own thread. So doesn't

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#54 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 4:00 PM Last edited by leesester : 13th Dec 2011 at 4:21 PM. Reason: Pressed edit instead of reply DUH. No censorship, just a daft fish.
As always, great work.

I could use an invisible object to put on book caes, so I can place one visible item in the center, however.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#55 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RebaLynnTS
As always, great work.

I could use an invisible object to put on book caes, so I can place one visible item in the center, however.

I think you need a slot blocker? There is one on Fairy Forest site >>

Link to slotblocker

You can just press M and cycle through the slots - its what I do. I have several shelves with just one item in the middle. I did consider that it was a bit of a drag to have to click through when using the big stacks - but I think it keeps it more flexible this way.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#56 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 4:35 PM
Sorry, I wasn't trying to....nevermind.

It's a fine piece of custom content that will make my game more enjoyable. Thank you. I haven't had a chance to get on to my game today and monkey around with the book arrangements, but I will later on today.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#57 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 9:10 PM
Press M ... M for Move, now why did I forget that. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 11:13 PM
This is truly AMAZING! Thank you so much!
Captain Louie
retired moderator THANKS POST
#59 Old 13th Dec 2011 at 11:43 PM
It is my every slightly OCD organized kids' dream!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#60 Old 14th Dec 2011 at 4:06 AM
This is amazing. I can have legitimate libraries now! Thank you so much for this wonderful download.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#61 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 4:24 AM
I've also got the autonomous study book case, that matches these .. My set is now complete.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 6:33 AM
Oh hey, now I can finally have a bookstore that doesn't sell entire bookcases! Thanks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#63 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 7:28 AM
Thank you, this is amazing! I can't wait to get these gorgeous bookshelves into my game :D
Instructor
#64 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 11:16 AM
Hi! Would you mind a question? I downloaded several of those empty bookcases and was intended to use them not as bookcase but as practical shelves that I could decorate the way I wanted. Normally I place them in bedrooms and don't want sims to enter and pick up books. I have a personal bookcase global with own rules. The problem is that I didn't find a way to avoid that sims read from them. Though I made them non autonomous, cancelled the pie menu completely, tried all possible, sims are still able to pick up books to read. Is it pulling bhavs from other places? You said you combined objects from different EPs. Thanks.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#65 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xptl297
Hi! Would you mind a question? I downloaded several of those empty bookcases and was intended to use them not as bookcase but as practical shelves that I could decorate the way I wanted. Normally I place them in bedrooms and don't want sims to enter and pick up books. I have a personal bookcase global with own rules. The problem is that I didn't find a way to avoid that sims read from them. Though I made them non autonomous, cancelled the pie menu completely, tried all possible, sims are still able to pick up books to read. Is it pulling bhavs from other places? You said you combined objects from different EPs. Thanks.

What you could do is change the globals in these items from bookcase to painting globals - like the mini shelfs. In theory the shelf would still place and you could just use them for decorative purposes.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#66 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 4:49 PM
Wouldn't mind this for TS3! I've been dying for bookshelves I could use to make a *real* library/study with! Nice job.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#67 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 5:49 PM
You are my favorite fish. Thank you for creating and sharing such a lovely and versatile set :*
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#68 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Luna Ravenwood
Oh hey, now I can finally have a bookstore that doesn't sell entire bookcases! Thanks.

Yea, I have other bookcase that do the same trick, but this one is the fanciest

Quote: Originally posted by RebaLynnTS
I've also got the autonomous study book case, that matches these .. My set is now complete.

Link PLEASE Sounds awesome
Quote: Originally posted by LOLBAG2
Thank you, this is amazing! I can't wait to get these gorgeous bookshelves into my game :D

Quote: Originally posted by shastakiss
You are my favorite fish. Thank you for creating and sharing such a lovely and versatile set :*

awww at lolbag2 and shastakiss - thank you

Instructor
#69 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by leesester
What you could do is change the globals in these items from bookcase to painting globals - like the mini shelfs. In theory the shelf would still place and you could just use them for decorative purposes.

Thanks, I didn't think on that. Maybe it will be also necessary to change the Init bhav. It was very helpful, I'll check on a Mini-Shelf.
Anyway, thanks for the bookcases. I'll use only these ones now cause the tall bookcase is also my favourite and I have several clones self.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
Original Poster
#70 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 8:46 AM
Yes, the mini shelfs have a custom BHAV that makes them check for a wall behind, otherwise you may well be able to just swap it over.
Test Subject
#71 Old 16th Dec 2011 at 11:57 PM
I'm sure this set is one of those things I'm going to use over and over... but I have one question, though: I couldn't find a left side for the "trim bit" from the extra files, only the right side... I know I could really use both sides (I always use cheats to place a normal bookcase in a corner) that's why I wondered if you forgot to include it or just decided not to make one for some reason...
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 17th Dec 2011 at 12:49 AM
ah yes. The trim bit - I rarely used it and just bunged it in as I had made it. I will do a left side and update the package

Instructor
THANKS POST
#73 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 3:22 PM
Leesester?
About the low bookcase on community lots?
Have you fixed it so that if I redownload the collection only version (thank you for that by the way!) it will work? Im not in a hurry if its not fixed yet. The sim that will own the bookshop has practically no simoleons so it will be some time for her to put up all those shelves

So happy to have more of these, I have some nice worn recolours of the "original"...and they look fantastic on your set.

Made by fairywitch whose site unfortunately seems to be hacked (at least thats the message that pops up) so....
Instructor
THANKS POST
#74 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 5:27 PM
Wow! When I first saw this I was a bit confused about it all. But today I decided to give a try and all I can say is that I love it! It´s awesome and works perfectly in my game. I´m looking forward to build a real library now. Thank you so much!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#75 Old 21st Dec 2011 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gulhare
Leesester?
About the low bookcase on community lots?
Have you fixed it so that if I redownload the collection only version (thank you for that by the way!) it will work? Im not in a hurry if its not fixed yet. The sim that will own the bookshop has practically no simoleons so it will be some time for her to put up all those shelves

Yes gulhare, I fixed the files as soon as I knew - you should be able to see it in the file dates.

Page 3 of 7