Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 1012 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2020 at 12:57 PM
Default Can Lots be ripped like sims?
Apart from ripping programs like ninjaripper or 3d ripper could lots be ripped in the same way as CmarNYC sim ripper tool for TS3 and TS4?
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 7th Dec 2020 at 4:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THA
Apart from ripping programs like ninjaripper or 3d ripper could lots be ripped in the same way as CmarNYC sim ripper tool for TS3 and TS4?




You mean to remove a a building or structure in game to edit it in a 3D program to create different shapes not possible in game? I don't know about possibility for this in sims 3 as building or structure might have serious gameplay or routing issues if such a modified structure is placed in game. I think that is why most custom build structures in sims 3 are in shells(or they use special build type objects) Now if you mean to create a custom shell for a building that might be possible but I don't know how to create those yet. I only play sims 3 so don't what all is possible in sims 4 but would suspect similar routing issues.

If you mean something other than what I am saying it might better to elaborate further.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 7:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fascisthater
You mean to remove a a building or structure in game to edit it in a 3D program to create different shapes not possible in game? I don't know about possibility for this in sims 3 as building or structure might have serious gameplay or routing issues if such a modified structure is placed in game. I think that is why most custom build structures in sims 3 are in shells(or they use special build type objects) Now if you mean to create a custom shell for a building that might be possible but I don't know how to create those yet. I only play sims 3 so don't what all is possible in sims 4 but would suspect similar routing issues.

If you mean something other than what I am saying it might better to elaborate further.


It's not for modding purposes for the game but more for rendering images in blender like rendering interior images like what Cmar program allows you to do but with sims but id assume you could since lots can be packaged up
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#4 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 4:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THA
It's not for modding purposes for the game but more for rendering images in blender like rendering interior images like what Cmar program allows you to do but with sims but id assume you could since lots can be packaged up




I would imagine that is possible but not sure how to do that. Perhaps someone else knows how to do that.

Package files for lots are saved in the library folder in case you were unaware.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 3:20 PM
If I could I would mention @CmarNYC to ask, so hopefully they see this
Ms. Byte
#6 Old 9th Dec 2020 at 3:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THA
If I could I would mention @CmarNYC to ask, so hopefully they see this


I'm sure it could be done, but I've never worked with buildings and I have enough headaches with ripping sims. Maybe someone else will give it a try.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Back to top