Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#101 Old 29th May 2006 at 8:39 PM
thanks so much, i never would of thought i could make my own mesh
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 31st May 2006 at 10:21 PM
ok i need help im stuck on #30 because on the gmdc when i click it a mesage pops up and it means that gmdc little thingy where you make sure its on XYZ wont come up so i went to check and i need a thingy (i dont know what it is) to have the settings pop up on the gmdc ilke to export it and all that fancy stuff
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#103 Old 31st May 2006 at 10:33 PM
You need a thingy for the thingy? Well, that's descriptive...

Seriously though, when you have error messages and popups, you need to screenshot them and post pictures, or record the exact text of the error message. I don't generally know what a "thingy" is, and my crystal ball's a little foggy today.

However, I'm going to make a wild guess and say that since it's on step 30 with the GMDC, it's probably giving you a DirectX error - you need the managed DirectX extensions to work with GMDCs - it's listed on SimPE's site when you go to download it, under "Needed software to run SimPE."

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#104 Old 31st May 2006 at 10:39 PM
Default hi
ok i know im not good at describing "THINGS" but your guess was right?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

i will eat you alive i will eat you alive (ok i wont im a vegitarian and thats a song by radio head)
retired moderator
#105 Old 31st May 2006 at 10:41 PM
Mmm. I love my crystal ball.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#106 Old 31st May 2006 at 10:48 PM
Default sorry
sorry if this is going to get on your nerves BUT (i get confused easly so blame my mind) i cant find the thing to downlode for the SimPE also im knew at this soooo... im extreemly confusled

i will eat you alive i will eat you alive (ok i wont im a vegitarian and thats a song by radio head)
retired moderator
#107 Old 31st May 2006 at 10:53 PM
Go to the SimPE site. Go to "Download." Look under "Needed software to run SimPE." It'll have the managed DirectX 9 as well as .NET (which you have to have to run SimPE in the first place, so that one you already have).

Test Subject
#108 Old 31st May 2006 at 11:01 PM
Default ^.^
ok is the SimPE site on the begining of the touritual if it isnt then type in the site for me (im sorry if your agravated because i ask too many ?'s )

retired moderator
#109 Old 31st May 2006 at 11:12 PM
Um, yes, it's the site linked at the beginning of the tutorial. Follow that link up there at the top of this tutorial.

Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#110 Old 31st May 2006 at 11:12 PM
Uhm, well, we expect people to uhm, TRY THINGS and like... you know, figure it out. How can you be asking if the link is the one for SimPE? If you clicked it, the answer would be obvious.

If you're not willing to do stuff like that, to TRY things and find out - this tutorial is NOT for you - because we're going to expect you to read and keep trying things and THEN ask questions if you can't figure it out.
Test Subject
#111 Old 31st May 2006 at 11:17 PM
Default ok
i did try the links thats how i got the SimPE this was my first time asking a ? and i just get lost easly ok i have brain damage it's not my fault (a little part is) and im sorry im PMSing

Test Subject
#112 Old 31st May 2006 at 11:30 PM
Default i think im going to explode
it's still not working and i did all the steps right and the stupid mesage thing keeps poping up i fell like exploding if i have to see that pop up one more time and i might break the coputer and i also got the direct x i still dosent work

Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#113 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 5:53 AM
If it's an error message for SimPE, I suggest you ask for help at the SimPE forum and take a screenshot (or copy down EXACTLY what it says)
Lab Assistant
#114 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 1:15 AM
Is this also what i would do if i wanted to edit a mesh, like for eg. Changing the shoes on certain pants or is this just the way to do it for the particula thing (removing the thing on the dress)

Revolution Designs

For all your needs!
retired moderator
#115 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 1:18 AM
Terminal, Meshtool will only allow you to make small changes to meshes - moving the danglything in, making larger breasts, smaller waist, etc. - however, you cannot make major changes to a mesh like adding/removing parts or even moving vertices very far. For major changes, you need to use the Unimesh plugin - we have a tutorial that introduces you to its use also available here.

Lab Assistant
#116 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 1:22 AM
Awesome, cheers for that and the awesome quick reply.

Revolution Designs

For all your needs!
Test Subject
#117 Old 3rd Jun 2006 at 12:07 PM
Is there a way how to make ya own mesh with softwhere on ya computs allreddy cause my dad wont let me get SimPE or milkshape thete alfa well they can reck ya computa please tell me i can allreddy just remake stuff but cant mesh PLESE HELP ME OUT!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#118 Old 4th Jun 2006 at 9:55 AM
Nope, these are the tools you need, no matter what you need SimPE -- and then milkshape or xsi modtool (free, but large to install).
Test Subject
#119 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 1:07 AM
thanks tigerrypum! got it at the first time! the posts is really helpful!
Test Subject
#120 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 10:07 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 11th Jun 2006 at 10:30 AM. Reason: no need to quote the whole tutorial!
In Reply To Your Tutorial
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
Beginner Clothing Mesh Tutorial – Using MeshTool and Obj Format

This is a total rewrite of the MeshTool tutorial first created by WDS BriAnna over a year ago. Too many things have changed in SimPE. Thank you BriAnna and Windkeeper for helping get so many of us started! And thank you Snowstorm for the tips on how to gather the mesh pieces.
Next it's time to edit your mesh. Go to the next message for the rest of this tutorial.

I did not understand most of this. I'll still have a go though. If I get stuck can I ask you for help?
:p
Test Subject
#121 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 10:15 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 11th Jun 2006 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 1257440, 1257450, 1257459
Arrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
I have a gr8 group i wanna upload but my sims2 won't let me! What should i do?!

I was just wonderin how do u get pictures under ur name? plz tell me! i'm new! i don't know how to work this thing! plz help me!

emergency here! can sum1 plz reply!?????!!!!!!!!!! plz help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plz reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--- edited for excessive smilies and unrelated quoting.
Please be more patient and do not spam with smilies either.
Either thing can result in a warning from staff....
[Tiggerypum]
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#122 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 10:31 AM Last edited by tiggerypum : 11th Jun 2006 at 10:42 AM.
MMisindahouse,

1) This is not a chat room, people aren't going to respond immediately, especially when you don't even ask concise questions for the most part. Posting again is called 'bumping' and is considered rude board behavior. I was cleaning up your first post at the time you came back and bumped again.

2) You quoted the entire tutorial (which I just edited down). This thread here if you read... is exactly for asking questions about the tutorial - and _nothing else_. Quoting back the entire tutorial and asking if we'd answer questions is not a question. The tutorial is specific about that too... you will need to ask specific questions - you will need to try to follow the tutorial step by step (understanding of this very complex stuff comes through time and experience) and ask questions _when you actually get stuck_... and you'll need to explain exactly what step you were on, what you did, what happened next, etc.

Btw, if you haven't done basic clothing recoloring, I suggest you do that first, as the tutorials say.

3) For other sorts of help, you need to find the other areas of the site to find the answers to your questions....

If you had looked at your account preferences, you would have also found stuff about your AVATAR, which is the graphic.

If you need game help, there's an area about that too, which includes info about downloading. There's also 'creator guidelines' with info about how to get your packages ready for uploading if you want to share something you made here http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdisplay.php?f=338

BUT if you have any questions not related to this tutorials' steps, you need to go at least to the main bodyshop or skinning areas and start a new thread and ask your question. If you're not sure you're posting in the right place, say so, and it's more likely a staff will move it for you or explain instead of just deleting it.
Test Subject
#123 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 7:05 PM
im stuck on part one no. 8, everytime i type in the name of my package and press start SimPE looks for just a couple of seconds and then nothing comes up, i've checked back on all the steps and i've done it all, is it because i have a different version of simpe?

If Your A final Fantasy Fan, Visit My Site! Here!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#124 Old 11th Jun 2006 at 9:04 PM
Well first, you should use the most recent SimPE, it always has fixes/improvements.

But I suspect you did not type in the correct name for the package. Note that we didn't type in the color description part, we only typed in 'afbodydresslongloose' in the example. It's a search, you can type in only part of the name (you will get more results) but that should help you.

Let me know if that helps. Also, double check your SimPE preferences and make sure everything there points to appropriate directories, if the name wasn't the issue.
Test Subject
#125 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 5:23 PM Last edited by Moni_ka : 14th Jun 2006 at 5:29 PM.
Mistakes...
I did new mesh, but...There is a lot of mistakes. I don't want black spots on my mesh. How can i correct them?
http://img68.imageshack.us/img68/4439/555re.png
Page 5 of 21