Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 5:33 PM Last edited by Charity : 9th Sep 2014 at 1:34 PM.
Default AL Fixes
Because of the problems with the date cards and other hack conflicts I decided to do some testing on AL Fixes to see if the problems it fixed were still problems.

Date cards worked fine as soon as I took it out.

From the hack description:

1. Cellphones can now be answered without being eated.
2. Receiving NL-mail at an apartment now works, no longer renders mailbox
unusable and dooming your sim to eventual eviction.
3. Cooking skill is FUBAR'ed by moving into an apartment.
4. Inactive apartment residents no longer slowly drained of hobby enthusiasm.
5. Pianos no longer ADHD due to function arguments being garbage.
6. Teens able to work on restorable car again.
7. Apartment resident kids not in the active family no longer lose grades
every day and automatically fail school and get taken by the SS.
8. No longer required to greet Gypsy(impossible) or employees<->customers.
9. Should be able to retrieve date rewards dropped outside apartment now.
10. Love Potion no longer restocks as Nice Potion instead.
11. Chance cards at work/school no longer error if you walked.
12. NPC rentpayer hour moved to 1900 so vampire tenants don't suicide at noon.
13. Social Group townies no longer all generate as the same sex.
14. Vacation townies will no longer need to perform AL greetings.
15. Pets no longer error when returning from work. (ALp2)
16. Fixed Physiology for MGS again because Stupid EAxis deleted a necessary line
of code for absolutely no reason, causing the variable to be used without
initialization while still full of randomjunk.

Without the hack:

1. No cellphones were eated when answered and seemed to remain working fine.
2. NL mail does not render the apartment mailbox unusable; I could still pay my rent and bills. Tested with both date cards and restaurant vouchers.
3. Cooking skill remains what it was before you moved into the apartment. Even Bigfoot kept all his ten cooking points.
4. Is a problem. I played one household for a week while noting what another household had in hobby points and they'd decreased by half or more when I came back to them.
5. ADHD? Pianos seem to work fine unless ADHD is the fingers going jittery as if they're on caffeine at higher creativity levels. Tested it with the hack and they were still jittery, so it must be a feature. XD
6. No problems getting my teen to work on the restorable car on an apartment lot.
7. Played one family for a week and then went back to another and the child hadn't lost any grades.
8. Half sorted. I could dismiss the Gypsy without having to greet her, but I didn't have a business to test with. Can anyone confirm the business thing works (and is it supposed to be any business or just home businesses on apartment lots)?
9. Date rewards can be retrieved from outside apartments.
10. Again, I don't have a business or any witches in my testing neighbourhood. Can anyone confirm/deny this one?
11. No chance card errors from work or school despite forcing my sims to walk for two weeks.
12. NPC ratepayer hour is still non vampire friendly. Keep an eye on your vampires.
13. Got social group townies of both sexes (they're the ones that move into apartments, right?).
14. Not sure what this one means. Can anyone help?
15. No errors when my cat came home from work. I had testing cheats enabled on.
16. Physiology for MGS? What is that?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 6:09 PM
If I remember correctly from when I last had a windows machine and AL installed, nearly three years ago, most of AL Fixes were fixed in the AL patches. The ones that remained unfixed were 4, and 12 and I'm not sure about 10.

Three years ago I know I had a separate enthusiasm fix and didn't care about vampires but had tripped over multiple versions of their fix. The love potion/nice potion fix was what made me return it to the game but I think that got fixed either by a smaller mod or by one of the patches. AL fixes clashed with too much for me to want it in my game but my play style means I run lots of businesses so 10 was one I ran across all the time and had fixed in game but I'm not sure what by.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:35 PM
The physiology thing is that Sims who learn physiology get an unreasonable boost to gaining body points, so that it's pretty much instant. They fixed it, but then re-broke it in M&G.

Huge thanks for making this though. My game is crashing balls on me, and I'm trying to sort out conflicts. Alfixes is one of the ones I'd like to get rid of, but looking at the list I didn't feel I could. From the looks of it, most of it was already fixed.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 8:29 PM
If I never, ever, ever, ever move Sims into an apartment, can I get rid of the mod?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 10:23 PM
I have plenty of sims in apartments and still got rid of it. I am much more wanting my simlogical school to work properly than I am concerned about hobby enthusiasm. I don't see it's loss as such a terrible thing. I was mostly concerned about the restorable car and the phone but as my original testing showed the car not to be affected I pulled it and watched out for phones and also never noticed anything. Thanks for doing a much more thorough testing Charity.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
If I never, ever, ever, ever move Sims into an apartment, can I get rid of the mod?

Alfixes isn't all about apartments. It fixes more than what the mod description holds. It's typical with J.M. Pescado - he usually doesn't explain each and every little changes his mods make. The choice is yours though - just make sure you at least have the Apartment Life patch before removing.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 2:57 PM
You can place the mailbox inside in a communal area, it works fine. I would recommend doing this if you plan to move in a vampire.

You can't open a home business on an apartment lot, at least not without mods and I don't know of a mod which allows it.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 1:32 PM
8. Fully sorted now. No problem with selling to customers without greeting them.
10. Definitely broken. I couldn't restock my love potions at all (presumably as I had no nice potions in my inventory). After putting the hack back in I could restock them with no problems.
16. Physiology is definitely still broken. Body skill gain was instantaneous when I had my sim jump rope after learning it.

14. Vacation townies will no longer need to perform AL greetings. I'm still not sure what this one means. Anyone know? It's the last outstanding one!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 1:51 PM
Buyable potions from the catalog are restockable.

I wondered what 'broke' my physiology perk- all fixes by 'fixing it'. I like it the way it comes in game. I have very slow skilling and it's a nice little perk for any sim who rolls the want.

I assume it means vacation townies, the ones you see while on holidays do not do the AL greets like kiss kiss darling etc.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 1:53 PM
So basically, if one does not sell love potions, and uses a no enthusiasm decay hack, the only problem is physiology?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 2:01 PM
Hmm, is vacation townies doing AL greetings breaking anything or risking borking your game? If it isn't then I can't say that I really care whether or not they want to do them. Unless they never stop doing them or it stops them from doing the greetings that they're supposed to teach you.

Well finally, not counting the above for the moment; there are 4 problems that I could ascertain were still problems without AL Fixes.

4. Inactive apartment residents no longer slowly drained of hobby enthusiasm.
10. Love Potion no longer restocks as Nice Potion instead.
12. NPC rentpayer hour moved to 1900 so vampire tenants don't suicide at noon.
16. Fixed Physiology for MGS again because Stupid EAxis deleted a necessary line
of code for absolutely no reason, causing the variable to be used without
initialization while still full of randomjunk.

4. Is a problem. I played one household for a week while noting what another household had in hobby points and they'd decreased by half or more when I came back to them.
10. Definitely broken. I couldn't restock my love potions at all (presumably as I had no nice potions in my inventory). After putting the hack back in I could restock them with no problems.
12. NPC ratepayer hour is still non vampire friendly. Keep an eye on your vampires.
16. Physiology is definitely still broken. Body skill gain was instantaneous when I had my sim jump rope after learning it.

I'd kind of like to get rid of AL Fixes now. The date cards are cute and it will give me less hack conflicts. Does anyone know of any other hacks that fix the above problems?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 2:13 PM
The no enthusiasm decay mod is here: http://www.sims2workshop.com/index....d&threadID=2836 I don't like using Carrigon's mods, but I don't know if anyone else has made one.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#13 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 2:17 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 9th Sep 2014 at 2:38 PM. Reason: Fixing gender mistake
Any particular reason Jo? As in, is she not a good modder, or do you just not like her?

Thanks for the sum up charity. I don't use love potions or vampires, and I use no enthusiasm decay, so the only thing that I'd need to worry about is physiology fix. I wonder if it wouldn't be possible to figure out how to make that, based on alfixes. I don't know what Pescado's policies are, but for personal use it should be doable.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 2:23 PM
I thought Carrigon was female? Well whatever they are I don't like the fact they made a rape hack. People can use whatever they like, but I don't like stuff like that.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 2:35 PM
This is the enthusisasm mod I was using when I last had an AL install if you don't want to use Carrigon's hacks Charity and anyone else - Tunaisafish noenthusiasmdecay hosted at simbology-ish
Mad Poster
#16 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 2:42 PM
Maybe I'm just stupid, but I just see a thread where Zephyr says he'll upload it "here", but no actual link to it. What am I missing Mechanon?

Jo, I have no idea of gender and slightly ashamed that I defaulted to he. Fixed it now
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 3:04 PM
They have the overhaul here which does lots of really fun stuff and fixes all sorts. I think somewhere in it Tuna fixes the apartment decay problem or I didn't notice 4 being a problem when I last played AL and didn't have ALfixes installed.

Sorry I though it was still on that post not relocated somewhere sensible.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 6:07 PM
How many vampires do you have living in apartments who have playable neighbours? That's easily fixable in game by either avoiding this altogether (don't move vampires into apartments, or if you do, make sure there are no playable neighbours) OR putting the mailbox somewhere that vampires don't have to go outside to access it. If you are in a situation where you have a vampire neighbour in an apartment, watch for the pop up which says "Hi tenants, the rent is due" and at noon when you see neighbour-vampire exit their apartment, force an error and delete them. They're not really paying their real rent, because they're nonselectable at the time, it's just a simulation. By interrupting the action they probably won't bother to try again.

Or you could put a snapdragon or a Need Freak by the mailbox or use maxmotives quickly if you notice the vampire is outside.

Lots of workarounds if not an actual fix.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#19 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by k6ka
Alfixes isn't all about apartments. It fixes more than what the mod description holds. It's typical with J.M. Pescado - he usually doesn't explain each and every little changes his mods make. The choice is yours though - just make sure you at least have the Apartment Life patch before removing.

thank you - the mod is not bothering me at the moment, but I might remove it if my downloads folder bursts again I have UC now, so I accept that everything is patched.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 8:52 AM
Apparently Pescado's comm-skilling hack addresses the Physiology fix as well: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,11216.0.html

Does anybody know if that still applies post-M&G?
Mad Poster
#21 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 1:30 PM
I made a new fix, that is only physiology fix. I need to test it some more, and unfortunately I'm going to visit my parents for the rest of the week so I won't have access to the game, but I'll upload it as soon as I can
Mad Poster
#22 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 2:20 PM
As far as I can tell, his comm-skilling mod doesn't fix the physiology glitch. I don't have Alfixes in because it conflicts with a lot of my other mods but I do have comm-skilling in. I have Mansions and Gardens and my Sims gain body points ridiculously fast if they have studied physiology.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#23 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 2:49 PM
Apparently the enthusiasm decay is not a bug and is actually intentionally coded by EA. I asked here http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....3btopicseen#new and apparently you also get decay in houses that you aren't currently playing, not just apartments. Still kind of sucks though, but there were a couple of fixes mentioned and I'm just letting people know that if they don't want a fix then it isn't a bug that will break your game.

Okay, I also tested with a vampire tenant. She did get hit by the evil sun, but still managed to pay her rent and run back inside without dying. So as long as your apartment building doesn't have a ridiculously long walk to the mailbox then vampires should, if not be okay, at least still be alive and back in their apartments licking their wounds. XD
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 3:51 PM
I was trying to test the vacation thing to see if that was a problem and I can't tell if it's bugged or not. The vacation locals at Three Lakes have no problems doing the chest pound every time they walk past, but my sim refuses to learn it. Is it supposed to be ridiculously hard to learn the gestures or is it not registering when it should be?
Mad Poster
#25 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 3:58 PM
It can take a long time to learn the gestures at first. If they're attempting them, trust that they're learning them.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Page 1 of 6