Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st May 2016 at 4:22 PM
Default Mesh has a black back for some weird reason.
Alight I've been having this problem for a few days, and it's really bugging me. I've never made clothes for sims 3, and I just started, but every time I make a mesh and import it into milkshape the back is black. The first time I ignored it, thinking it was normal, but it's not. When I put into my game the back is gone. The back also screws with my UV Mapping. I really need help.

I use:
Milkshape 1.8.5, but I've also used 1.8.4 to see if the problem is there and it is
I use Marvelous Designer 5 to make my mesh, but I also used 3 as well to test the problem and that also didn't help.
My TSRW version is 2.0.86 , but I've also tested the mesh in the lasted version as well. The problem is still there too.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 21st May 2016 at 7:41 PM
It seems like your setting of how Blender export is isn't correct. I guess it's on the default setting of Blender, and a lot of people who start meshing have never heard of the export 'settings'. So Simlicious made a tutorial or overview of how the settings should look be set as: http://simlicious.tumblr.com/post/1...cc-for-the-sims

though, looking at the black spots in the front of the clothing, It might be the normals being inside-out.
I've made a youtube tutorial, now it's a game conversions but the progress is almost identical to actual clothing meshing: https://youtu.be/ZLEMhKQ1OD0?t=16m13s
(Please watch part 3/final part too, since that's how it shows the entire progress of how it's all done in TSRW ^-^)
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd May 2016 at 11:13 PM
Thanks so much, I'll try these, and get back to you.
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd May 2016 at 1:00 AM
Hm, sorry to bother you again, but my mesh is still black in the back. I don't think it's Milkshape or anything. I think it's Marvelous Designer. I can export any mesh that's been pre made, but when I make my own the problem is there. Thanks alot tho.
Virtual gardener
#5 Old 23rd May 2016 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OverCastKid247
Hm, sorry to bother you again, but my mesh is still black in the back. I don't think it's Milkshape or anything. I think it's Marvelous Designer. I can export any mesh that's been pre made, but when I make my own the problem is there. Thanks alot tho.

Hmm that's weird. Would you mind if I take a look at the mesh? package, obj., wso. everything is fine. It's okay to give me the link in private, thought I will reply in this thread, just in case more people are having this issue so they can find a proper solution ^-^
Test Subject
#6 Old 24th May 2016 at 12:11 AM
Default Found my Solution!
Funny story. It had nothing to do with the mesh itself, but the way Marvelous Designer worked. The back was technically inside out, so I had to flip the fabric. It's been bugging me for awhile and all I had to do was flip the fabric when working on the back of my designs. Thanks again though, I just wasn't paying attention to the tutorial I was using for meshing.
Virtual gardener
#7 Old 24th May 2016 at 9:00 AM
Ah! Knew it was something like that. But great you found out! ^-^
Test Subject
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 1:51 AM
Default Yet another problem
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Ah! Knew it was something like that. But great you found out! ^-^

Sorry. I have another problem. Milkshape says I have to many triangles. My count is 31408 and my vertices are are 16560. I'm willing to fool around with my mesh, but exactly what do I have to alter. I feel like it's the huge sleeves and bottom that's messing it up, but it's apart of the characters outfit, but if it's what I need to do I will.
Screenshots
Virtual gardener
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 7:26 PM
Oh I love the thing you're making! But it's easier to know what error you're having if you have the exact text. But does it happens when you import it into TSRW? Or when you use a plugin within Milkshape? Because the TSRW one would mean that you should try use 'align normals'. for the milkshape one it's usually a warning instead of an error.
Test Subject
#10 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 9:08 PM
Oh I love the thing you're making! But it's easier to know what error you're having if you have the exact text. But does it happens when you import it into TSRW? Or when you use a plugin within Milkshape? Because the TSRW one would mean that you should try use 'align normals'. for the milkshape one it's usually a warning instead of an error.

Thanks, I kind of think I'm biting off more than I can chew since I'm really new to this. Sorry for the lack, but my computer is refusing to take pictures of the problem. It happens when I try to regroup my mesh. It says "To many triangles in model. Selections not duplicated!" and it happens in Milkshape. I read that I have to modify my mesh or my game won't handle it if I'm using a slow computer or laptop and my computer's both. I tried other methods, but my computer isn't made for this type of task so Milkshape tends to crash. I tried this I just wanted to know what this meant and exactly what I'd have to modify.
Virtual gardener
#11 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 11:08 PM
You could try the directx tool as explained in the post. You could lower the polycount till you start noticing the polycount is really lowered. If you're not sure how to do it, here it is in a video tutorial: https://youtu.be/1-WgRU0mNc4?t=16m17s

But I can remember I had that error when I accidentally duplicated the clothing and regrouped them in Blender and then trying to regroup them in Milkshape.
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 11:31 PM
You could try the directx tool as explained in the post. You could lower the polycount till you start noticing the polycount is really lowered. If you're not sure how to do it, here it is in a video tutorial: https://youtu.be/1-WgRU0mNc4?t=16m17s

But I can remember I had that error when I accidentally duplicated the clothing and regrouped them in Blender and then trying to regroup them in Milkshape.

For some weird reason unlike the video in directx there's no number just 0. Nothing happening too.
Test Subject
#13 Old 2nd Jun 2016 at 11:59 PM
Default Never mind and thank you.

Solved it! I just separated the scarf and it fixed it.
Test Subject
#14 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 7:44 PM
Default I'm kind of ashamed because I'm back again with another problem.
I changed my version of TSRW, and now when I morph my mesh with preg morph and so on it screws up, like bad. I'm not sure what the problem is because I never had this problem and I morphed meshes with the preg morph and then with the reference mesh using mesh tool kit, but now it's weird now. I changed my version of TSRW because the later version would not even start without crashing. I know this is probably annoying, but I'm fairly new to this.
Screenshots
Virtual gardener
#15 Old 8th Jun 2016 at 2:35 PM
I changed my version of TSRW, and now when I morph my mesh with preg morph and so on it screws up, like bad. I'm not sure what the problem is because I never had this problem and I morphed meshes with the preg morph and then with the reference mesh using mesh tool kit, but now it's weird now. I changed my version of TSRW because the later version would not even start without crashing. I know this is probably annoying, but I'm fairly new to this.

TSRW's latest version... they're buggy as heck! Believe me, it's not worth downloading those. But if this happened to the version that worked and was before the latest TSRW version that merged ts3/ts4, it means your mesh is too high polycount! Which is likely to happen to MD meshes. So you can either lower the polycount or split it in 2 groups.

if it's the TSRW, here i've put a version i've been working with for almost a year now: http://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.co...005426/tsrw-172
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 4:25 PM
:lovestruc
TSRW's latest version... they're buggy as heck! Believe me, it's not worth downloading those. But if this happened to the version that worked and was before the latest TSRW version that merged ts3/ts4, it means your mesh is too high polycount! Which is likely to happen to MD meshes. So you can either lower the polycount or split it in 2 groups.

if it's the TSRW, here i've put a version i've been working with for almost a year now: http://greenplumbboblover.tumblr.co...005426/tsrw-172

Thanks once again!
Virtual gardener
#17 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 8:37 PM
:lovestruc

Thanks once again!

You're welcome! let me know if you still having issues ^-^
Test Subject
#18 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 1:44 AM
You're welcome! let me know if you still having issues ^-^

Yeah, I just had to change the version I was using. TSR really needs to look into that. I had another question tho. Is there a premade morph for men? Like how there's pregmorph that straightens the female body and aligns it correctly, while allowing the clothes to expand? Is there one that straightens the male body instead of aligning the feet and neck in milkshape? I don't know if I'm wording this right.