Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Victorian London Part 1: The Kensington District (NO CC, Limited CC and CC Loaded)

by StephSim Posted 20th Apr 2008 at 10:44 AM - Updated 23rd Jan 2013 at 7:30 AM by StephSim : MTS2 Information Update

72 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 66 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 3
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#51 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 2:44 AM
I'm glad you like lots! Brilliant? Well...I think that is a great compliment (besides being one of my favorite descriptive words)! Thank you immensely Jynxthehobbit! Please enjoy!

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#52 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 10:03 AM
Has anyone else had trouble getting these fabulous-looking lots to load?? Mine never load up. I have a good computer and the Sims game - despite me 1000s of downloads -- only takes about 4 minutes to load. After waiting 20 minutes for this lot to load, I decided it was probably frozen
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#53 Old 17th Aug 2009 at 5:21 PM
Yeah. I imagine some people do (especially with the custom content versions). I've only had 1 other question similar to yours concerning these lots, but I suspect most people just give up the moment something goes wrong with a lot.

Which lot did you try to load? Did you try to download the no Custom Content version of the lot to see if it will load properly? I know it doesn't "look" the same, but even the no CC versions have a bit of life to them.

When I purchased the Sims 2, I upgraded my computer (graphics card, sound card, etc.) just to play the Sims. For me nothing takes more than a few minutes to load (2-4 minutes maximum). At least it didn't until last week. My graphics card died on me. Of course my computer had to withstand a 2,000 mile trip...so now I'm back to the drawing board as my Sim designs are on hold AGAIN!

Let me know if you get it working properly and which lot you downloaded. I will do a check on it as soon as I replace my graphics card (which can take a week or two because I live in a secluded area right now with limited access to computer things). BAH! So...my projects are on hold again. I was in a groove too!

~*~Stephanie~*~

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#54 Old 17th Oct 2009 at 4:33 PM
Excuse me, do you have friends?

Bye,
Andrés
Bogotá
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#55 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 6:08 AM
Of course I have friends. Everyone has friends unless they choose not to. I choose to, but I am very picky about who my friends are.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Forum Resident
#56 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 4:08 AM
Outstanding!

Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#57 Old 29th Nov 2009 at 7:45 PM
Simmy Sue
Glad you like. Do enjoy.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 8:30 PM
I was looking for a sims version of the Kings cross station and the Big Ben.

Love and Light
I love making my sims dance LOL
my name is Ange76prkr view my youtube uploads
http://www.youtube.com
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#59 Old 11th Jan 2010 at 12:28 AM
I hope you found what you were looking for. Be sure to check out the King's Cross Station in the Harry Potter thread (link in OverView).

While I did create Westminster Palace (with Big Ben) for Sims 1 ages ago, I haven't created the Palace at Westminster for the Sims 2. Hopefully, you found someone who has.

Either way...Enjoy the lot.
~*~StephSim~*~

~*~Stephanie~*~
Scholar
#60 Old 27th Feb 2010 at 7:21 PM
WOW, your work is fantastic, I cannot believe I did not notice this before

CC4Sims
Love will humiliate you and hate will cradle you.
Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#61 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 9:54 AM
Thank you, Christine. Your lots are really nice as well. If you did download anything...Do enjoy the downloads.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 6:03 AM
Wow, simply marvelous. You are an inspiration! ♥
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#63 Old 1st Oct 2011 at 10:45 AM
I appreciate the positive energy mykindofawesome. Thanks. Do enjoy the downloads.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 2:59 AM
Let me just let you know how much I love your work. It is so amazing, and so realistic! I downloaded so much of your Medieval work. It's just so great, words cannot express it.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 9th Dec 2011 at 9:34 AM
Thanks wolfman. It is really great to create lots that are meaningful to others.

~*~Stephanie~*~
Instructor
THANKS POST
#66 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 9:34 PM
Wow, these are so amazing. The details and the style and the interiors! I'm horrible at creating lots myself - they tend to look like shoeboxes, and boring shoe boxes at that. But one look at your download page and my first reaction was "I need a computer with more disc space". It's all so beautiful! I don't know wether I'm more thrilled with the victorian or the medieval stuff, but both is phantastic and really shows that there's a lot of knowledge behind the creations. BTW: Thank you so much for restricting yourself with the Stuff Packs! I can only imagine that it's a bit frustraing not to use all the options, but it's so great for me (and probably other Simmers too) because it means I can use those beautiful lots. Thanks very much!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#67 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 7:55 PM
alchemist,
Your shoebox comment made me giggle!

Thank you for the compliments.

Yes, there is the constant battle between using less EPs/Stuff Packs and using less CC. In the end, I compromise. This makes the lots accessible to a few more people at least. Of course, my lot building knowledge has grown as well and I'd like to improve upon what has already been done, but there are definitely not enough hours in the day for that.

Anyway, thank you again and hopefully, you can get some enjoyment out of the lots you decide to download.

~*~Stephanie~*~

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
#68 Old 9th Jul 2012 at 5:07 PM
StephSim, I simply have no words! I looked at many your works. They are surprising! You very much, are very talented!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#69 Old 11th Jul 2012 at 9:02 PM
I really appreciate your comments Mara. Thank you!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 6:29 AM
These lots are absolutely fantastic. Thank you for creating and sharing them =D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#71 Old 23rd Jan 2013 at 7:24 AM
You are welcomed annie! Happy Simming!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 3:12 AM
If possible, make a college neighborhood out of this, it would be amazing.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#73 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 8:17 PM
Tenkuu,
I am no longer creating things by request in that way. But feel free to personalize any of the lots, add the necessary dorm items and use the "changelotzoning dorm" cheat to use in your neighborhood. At any rate, do enjoy the lots!

~*~Stephanie~*~
Page 3 of 3