Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CaS Modifiers bugfix: Aging & Randomization (update V3)

by Shimrod101 Posted 16th Oct 2014 at 3:16 PM - Updated 24th Oct 2014 at 3:33 PM by Shimrod101 : Mod updated to V3

148 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 80 Feedback Posts, 67 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Test Subject
#26 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 8:41 PM Last edited by babajagaman : 16th Oct 2014 at 8:46 PM. Reason: an addition
a big Thank You ! the male changes are fixed (mostly), but ... the female change still screwed - look please in the CAS in the profile of a female & change then between the ages. You'll see how the jaw, the entire face jumps back !!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 9:43 PM
thank you so much for this Mod. :-)x
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#28 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 10:27 PM
You saved my game!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 10:29 PM
Thanks for this fix mod ! :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#30 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 10:38 PM
You're a hero!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#31 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 11:28 PM
Thank-you! This bug was really upsetting.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#32 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babajagaman
a big Thank You ! the male changes are fixed (mostly), but ... the female change still screwed - look please in the CAS in the profile of a female & change then between the ages. You'll see how the jaw, the entire face jumps back !!!

This doesn't happen in my game. The face is still in place, only the cheeks and then the jowls on the elder become larger. This is looking at any randomized female, or male for that matter, in profile. Is it possible that you have some other mod installed which wouldn't play well with this one? The Evol_Evolved facial slider range mod for example, or something similar? I'm simply naming that mod as a possible example, I've never used it.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#33 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 1:42 AM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 1:51 AM
You. Are. God.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#35 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 3:23 AM
Yes! Yes! Yes!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 5:03 AM Last edited by Cheekykinz34 : 17th Oct 2014 at 7:04 AM.
I tested your mod and it definitely got rid of that annoying YA face glitch but now there's a glitch with the adult face. When I aged my couple up to adults, their facial structure changed.

Female Sim as YA
Female Sim as Adult(lips got thicker)

Male Sim as YA
Male Sim as Adult (the difference is more drastic on him)
Forum Resident
#37 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 5:33 AM
I'm sorry to say that this didn't do anything to alexander goth. he used to be cute while teen but aged awfully. After i installed the mod (deleted caches) tried editing in fullcas and aging from adult to teen and looks nothing like he used to.

Here's a comparisson: Tumblr
Test Subject
#38 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 7:28 AM
... the female change still screwed - look please in the CAS in the profile of a female & change then between the ages. You'll see how the jaw, the entire face jumps back !!!

Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
This doesn't happen in my game. The face is still in place, only the cheeks and then the jowls on the elder become larger. This is looking at any randomized female, or male for that matter, in profile. Is it possible that you have some other mod installed which wouldn't play well with this one? The Evol_Evolved facial slider range mod for example, or something similar? I'm simply naming that mod as a possible example, I've never used it.

i tested it without any other mods ... take please a Maxis' Sims like the Goths eg :
Mortimer Goth : in front the facial structure (jaw, proportions, eyes) stays within what it should be
Bella Goth, Mortimer Goth, Cassandra Goth : in profile all faces jump back while changing the ages within the adult range

when you test with a Sim generated automatically, the game produces already a taken back face, therefore you don't see the jumping back change, but when you set a face in profile forward & then change the age the game sets the face back
it is not just females as i thought yesterday, it's with both genders that way
the game also sets back the face when changing genders
Test Subject
#39 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 7:38 AM
Oh, yeah I'm experiencing the same thing as babajagaman. I don't use any other facial slider mods or anything that would conflict with this fix. My sim's face profile jumps back when aging up or down.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 12:19 PM
Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 1:40 PM
thanks a lot!
Field Researcher
#42 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 2:13 PM
I love this, and it is working in my game. However, it occurs to me to ask--if this is in when EA comes out with their own fix, will it break my game? Since I don't know when they will patch it, and they automatically patch it, it worries me.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#43 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 2:37 PM
Thank you sooo much. Now I can go back to playing my game.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#44 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 3:52 PM
Thanks so much for the fix. It bugged me that genetics were screwy when that was a feature the sims 4 improved on compared to the sims 3.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#45 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 5:04 PM
when you test with a Sim generated automatically, the game produces already a taken back face, therefore you don't see the jumping back change, but when you set a face in profile forward & then change the age the game sets the face back
it is not just females as i thought yesterday, it's with both genders that way
the game also sets back the face when changing genders

Yes, I see it now; I've mostly used randomized sims. If I drag out the face on one of these manually, and then age them up to adult, the face pops back yes. It happens every time to every sim. BUT...this also happens if I remove my mod and test EA vanilla, the exact same thing. So this is a problem which always existed from EA, it is not caused by my mod; I simply have some setting at EA default which I haven't altered, presumably because I have no idea what the setting actually does, lol. So I'll try finding if it can be fixed by changing some face or head setting.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celia
I love this, and it is working in my game. However, it occurs to me to ask--if this is in when EA comes out with their own fix, will it break my game? Since I don't know when they will patch it, and they automatically patch it, it worries me.

I wouldn't worry if I were you. I have no concern whatsoever with if the game is patched without my discovering it, and I fire up the game with this and all my other mods installed. I think what will happen with this mod here, is they will patch these same XML (and DATA) files, or some of them, and after that patch I will still go with this mod here anyway. It may be that I will need to alter some things, depending on what they alter themselves.

The only thing that will happen to your game, if they change some of these Modifiers files in my mod, and you install the patch and run the new game with my mod here, is that my settings will still override theirs, and you won't gain the benefit of their new settings (if you indeed should gain a benefit because their new stuff actually fixes all issues correctly). My personal opinion is that your game cannot be "broken" by using an XML (and DATA) mod which simply alters some of these types of settings, their new settings will simply not be applied while this mod is installed.

These issues from a game like Sims3 and new patches for that game and the NRaas mods updating are the best example I can give to expand upon what I'm saying above. The Core mods there need to be checked against the new Core Version (I don't know anything about this stuff myself, I only know it exists) and the Scripting Mods also as I understand it; and sometimes the Scripting mods are broken, sometimes not. The Core mods are always broken and you cannot even start up the game with an old-version Core mod.

XML mods (and these DATA files) do not suffer from this same issue, they are not "hooked into the Core" or whatever that nonsense is; XML is more like one of the "assets" which you find in the FullBuild files, clothing and hair files, the furniture files, the CASP's and all the _IMG files. They stand alone, independently, on top of the Core/Scripting game engine etc. type stuff. The only thing that can happen is one notices some wonkiness if an out of date XML mod will not jive with a new patch, because the new patch has altered this same XML file so that it will fit in with some other new stuff. There isn't much danger of "corrupting" a save game, or breaking anything permanently.

Field Researcher
#47 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
I wouldn't worry if I were you. I have no concern whatsoever with if the game is patched without my discovering it, and I fire up the game with this and all my other mods installed. I think what will happen with this mod here, is they will patch these same XML (and DATA) files, or some of them, and after that patch I will still go with this mod here anyway. It may be that I will need to alter some things, depending on what they alter themselves.

The only thing that will happen to your game, if they change some of these Modifiers files in my mod, and you install the patch and run the new game with my mod here, is that my settings will still override theirs, and you won't gain the benefit of their new settings (if you indeed should gain a benefit because their new stuff actually fixes all issues correctly). My personal opinion is that your game cannot be "broken" by using an XML (and DATA) mod which simply alters some of these types of settings, their new settings will simply not be applied while this mod is installed.

These issues from a game like Sims3 and new patches for that game and the NRaas mods updating are the best example I can give to expand upon what I'm saying above. The Core mods there need to be checked against the new Core Version (I don't know anything about this stuff myself, I only know it exists) and the Scripting Mods also as I understand it; and sometimes the Scripting mods are broken, sometimes not. The Core mods are always broken and you cannot even start up the game with an old-version Core mod.

XML mods (and these DATA files) do not suffer from this same issue, they are not "hooked into the Core" or whatever that nonsense is; XML is more like one of the "assets" which you find in the FullBuild files, clothing and hair files, the furniture files, the CASP's and all the _IMG files. They stand alone, independently, on top of the Core/Scripting game engine etc. type stuff. The only thing that can happen is one notices some wonkiness if an out of date XML mod will not jive with a new patch, because the new patch has altered this same XML file so that it will fit in with some other new stuff. There isn't much danger of "corrupting" a save game, or breaking anything permanently.

Thank you. I'll keep this in and not worry--and I am really enjoying it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#48 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheekykinz34
I tested your mod and it definitely got rid of that annoying YA face glitch but now there's a glitch with the adult face. When I aged my couple up to adults, their facial structure changed.
(lips got thicker)
(the difference is more drastic on him)

Their facial structure is supposed to change, because they are older. Do you want the YA and Adult to look exactly the same, so you see no difference? If this is what you think, I completely disagree.

The female lips changing thickness is done by EA, it's always been there, I simply didn't remove it. It's possible it should be removed, as maybe it is a strange choice; I'll try testing this and see if I can still notice a difference between these two ages.

Your male sim around the eyes is not good, I think it is primarily the eyebrows lowering which is forcing his eyes to close a bit; this is also written in by EA and I left it alone, I didn't see it being as bad, just looking at random sims, as your sim is showing here. I'll definitely remove this bit; but I am not interested in removing the wrinkle or line under the eye, which looks like he is getting bags under his eyes because he's getting older. This alteration is a good thing.

The gaunt cheeks he has aquired as compared to YA is also done on purpose by EA, and I left it in there. IMO there needs to be something on the face somewhere to make them look older, and there are a few settings on cheeks for both male and female which are the main things they have used to achieve this. With the male Adult sim I think what I will try doing is setting this gaunt value at a much lower value and maybe he will look different and older, but not radically altered as your sim is showing. This is something I'll have to try testing out and see what result I get.

THANKS POST
#49 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 11:30 PM
Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#50 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 12:47 AM
I never even knew it was possible to fix that annoying issue. Thank you so much.
Page 2 of 6