Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#101 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:30 PM
Has anyone posted this yet? (from official pets site)
Quote:
More pets mean more fun! Create a wide variety of unique dogs, cats, and—for the first time ever—horses! Build a collection of lizards, turtles, snakes, and birds. Think your Sim has what it takes to tame a wild horse?

I don't think we've had any reptiles before, about time! I just hope that there's a hamster included also... I wonder if we'll be able to catch wild snakes.

Hi I'm Paul!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:49 PM
I'm not sure how new EPs work with old EPs, but I really hope that fire fighters will have to rescue cats in trees and dogs with their heads stuck in the fence. And cats need to be able to jump on top of everything, counters, bookcases, TVs, horses. I would also love to see animals or just dogs go in the pool and hopefully pets (probably not horses) can sleep on the bed without taking up a Sim space.
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:59 PM
Im really looking forward to the tame a wild horse thing. If by chance we can design (with or without mods) what the wild horses look like, I think I'll make it a Kiger mustang, probably name is Spirit or just Buck.

I do hope the lizards, snakes and turtles mentioned are a bit more interesting than previous cage pets like those rat/guinea pig things. And that there are different types, it would be good to have my beardie in the game as well as my dogs and cats.

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Forum Resident
#104 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
Has anyone posted this yet? (from official pets site)

I don't think we've had any reptiles before, about time! I just hope that there's a hamster included also... I wonder if we'll be able to catch wild snakes.

I love hamsters. I would love to have them in my Sims 3 game. I'm hoping they didn't forget the little guys.
http://www.dl4u.in/wp-content/uploa...=1t:429,r:5,s:0
http://www.thesimszone.co.uk/images...=1t:429,r:2,s:0
(I think they are called a womrat in Sims 2, but I always refer to them as a hamster )

I would love to make this guy for my Sims 3 game if they do bring back hamsters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnCsaSwhfuc

When collecting, I hope it will be more like how the fish tanks are and you can interact with them and they are not just for decoration.
Mad Poster
#105 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jay_envy
I hope they got rid of that necessity that the stray animals had to randomly dig up my lawn on a daily basis. I won't put up with that shit again, no ma'am.

That is the one thing I really hated...and all of my yards had to have a fence for my own sanity's sake.
Test Subject
#106 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 5:06 PM
Actually, IIRC, the Sims Unleashed gave us lizards of some sort, but they didn't really do much. I'm pretty sure they just sat in a tank and occasionally you had to feed them. I distinctly remember at one point I had a sim wandering around with a reptile in his pocket (inventory) for quite some time. How do they fit all that stuff in there anyways!? Hahaha!

Also, I agree in that there really needs do have some sort of fencing to keep out strays. I absolutely despised the neighborhood strays in the sims 2...they would come to my home, dig up holes in my lawn, roll around in my flower beds, killing them, and at one point, I eventually got a mod in my game just to prevent this nonsense.

And I agree on one other thing...Pets again as the title? What about The Sims 3: Animal Fun? or The Sims 3: Critters? or The Sims 3: Furry Friends? Couldn't they at least try coming up with ANYTHING new...all right, to be fair, Generations is a relatively new concept (although it seems inspired by the Family Fun SP)...maybe they exhausted their creative brainpower...

"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered." ~ Tom Stoppard
Instructor
#107 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 5:14 PM
OK...my official thoughts of The Sims 3 Pets

Horses:Awesome
Puppies who piss and shit on antique carpets:Not Awesome
Mad Poster
#108 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fraroc
Puppies who piss and shit on antique carpets:Not Awesome
You'd hate my dad's dog then.
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 5:32 PM
Why is everyone so bent out of shape by the title? What does it really affect in the grand scheme of things? Nothing.

People will complain about anything and everything, sheesh.
Instructor
#110 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by el_flel
You'd hate my dad's dog then.

I'm suddenly reminded of my grandmas dogs. She has 2 of them. The first one is Buddy, a massive siberian husky and the second one is Crazy Baby, a chiuhauha. Buddy is probably the friendliest, well behaved dog in the world, And Crazy Baby is the most vicious demonic little puppy ever. She's very boistrous, destructive, but she is very adorable . But the thing is, she pisses oceans on the floor, she eats everything. I was sitting in the recliner and this little dog is eating the bottom of the recliner! She bites, wont let ANYONE pet her. And I remember one time, me and my family were hearing growling coming from the living room, I walked in...Buddy was asleep in the doggie bed and Crazy Baby was absolutley demolishing the couch! She then ran away from the room and the door is WIDE open...she goes and takes a MASSIVE dump on the carpet RIGHT NEXT TO THE DOOR!
And they have a cat too, but she dosent bother anyone.
Test Subject
#111 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 6:02 PM
@ Saeda...It doesn't really bother me too much, but I feel it shows a lack of creativity on EA's part. Also, whenever somebody refers to the Pets EP at this point, now they have to specify whether they mean The Sims 2: Pets, or The Sims 3: Pets.

"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered." ~ Tom Stoppard
Forum Resident
#112 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 7:03 PM Last edited by acid_fairy : 4th Jun 2011 at 7:28 PM.
I know it looked like Grim on the horse, but I immediately thought of the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse. Maybe I just watch too much Supernatural

And lol at people thinking foals are ponies. I'm not a horse freak, but even I know this! But kids won't be able to ride the horses, we do realise? They can do sweet FA else!

And about the name... Late Night sounds suspiciously like a title we had before... now what was it? This sims team aren't the most creative bunch.
Field Researcher
#113 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 8:08 PM
I really, really, really hope that the toddlers can interact with the pets. When I was a little, we had a bull dog that I used to play with. When I say play, I mean more like pull on his ears, tail, poke him in the eyes, mouth and sides, use him as a pillow and ride him like a horsie. (He never bit me or anything he was a gentle old fart).

I want the interacts for toddlers to pets be: Hug, kiss, shake paw (if toddler can walk, she/he can stand and grab the pet's paw. Maybe it can also teach the pet), ride like a horse (for medium-large dogs), use as a pillow or snuggle. What's cuter than watching a toddler and the family pet huggled together in front of the TV watching cartoons.

I hope that, when a dog/cat has been in the family for a while, then a baby or new pet comes, the pet gets a jealous moodlet. I mean, my friend's cats were PISSED when she brought her baby home, but now they're all like BFFs.

I also hope that we can assign a master to the pet. Like, my dog right now is MY dog, not the FAMILY dog. I want to assign the lizard/hamster or whatever as the pet of JUST THAT ONE SIM.

One more thing: I'm excited to make Marley, from Marley & Me.
Instructor
#114 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SpookyOkyBatGirl
I hope that, when a dog/cat has been in the family for a while, then a baby or new pet comes, the pet gets a jealous moodlet. I mean, my friend's cats were PISSED when she brought her baby home, but now they're all like BFFs

Yes, this! When my parents brought me home, their cat was pissed. She eventually grew to love me, at least as much as she could (her name was Harpy :p).

I'd also like to see rats (just rats, not womrats) in this game. I doubt they'd be included, but if they were, I'd make a self sim just so she could walk around with wiggly little rats on her shoulders. I play the Sims with my rats chillaxing on my shoulders, so I think it'd be very appropriate. :p
Field Researcher
#115 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by owl_face
Yes, this! When my parents brought me home, their cat was pissed. She eventually grew to love me, at least as much as she could (her name was Harpy :p).

I'd also like to see rats (just rats, not womrats) in this game. I doubt they'd be included, but if they were, I'd make a self sim just so she could walk around with wiggly little rats on her shoulders. I play the Sims with my rats chillaxing on my shoulders, so I think it'd be very appropriate. :p

I play the Sims with my Yorkshire Terror climbing all over my lap and onto my shoulders. Now he's taken upon sitting on the side of the laptop where the warm air comes out.

I also want to see dogs with great relationships with their masters, go BONKERS when they come home. My dog has a heart attack whenever we come home, even if we leave for ten minutes.

Also, THE DOGS MUST SHOVE THEIR HEADS OUT THE WINDOWS WHEN ON CAR RIDES! :D

But I'm pretty sure that whenever I visit a Sim's house, their pets are starving to death like their children are. Hopefully, Twallan will fix that.
Forum Resident
#116 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 9:50 PM Last edited by birdyfly : 4th Jun 2011 at 10:16 PM.
Information from Sim Programs.

Although it was a given there will be a new world for this expansion pack, it's been confirmed now.

There are also some renders out as well:

Also, looking at this image, I think that pets have to be let inside instead of just walking in an out of the house like Sims 1 and Sims 2:

Edit:
Saw this as well.
"In the Limited Edition for PS3 and Xbox 360, you’ll also get 10 exclusive, unique breeds, including tiger retriever and skunk birman."
Field Researcher
#117 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mariomaster101
What about The Sims 3: Animal Fun? or The Sims 3: Critters? or The Sims 3: Furry Friends?

Eh, I can see some people saying EA would be promoting bestiality by using those names...
Theorist
#118 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 10:26 PM Last edited by tizerist : 4th Jun 2011 at 10:38 PM.
^^ A PANDA? It kind of looks like a retextured dog with a retextured bone, but I would be rather happy if something like that made it onto the PC version. Fingers crossed.

Edit: Yeah, they are "a dog panda chow, and a cat skunk birman"
Still, as long as it doesn't bark, I suppose.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#119 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fraroc
I swear if the horses can only be ridden by girls in the game, I will personally go to every single EA executive and shove a riding crop up all their asses.

lmfao, please video tape it so i have some source of entertainment that the game failed to bring
Scholar
#120 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 10:28 PM
@birdyfly: There's some neat info there!

The renders rose a question, though: Are they advertising Generations with that lady and the cane or is that also going to be a part of Pets? May sound like a stupid question ("Duh! It's just a Generations feature!") but I'm wondering why they would show that here.

Also I hope the leash is actually as comical as shown in that render when the dogs haven't been trained.

On the last part. The pets need to be let in? Huh? I was wondering how they were going to do this with the open world. When my family had an outside dog we always left her in our fenced backyard. I think it would be flat out weird to leave a dog outside in the open world. I'm hoping that we have the option to keep them constrained to the backyard and the house (the leash allowing for trips around the neighborhood). It would certainly add a bit of realism.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Forum Resident
#121 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
@birdyfly: There's some neat info there!

The renders rose a question, though: Are they advertising Generations with that lady and the cane or is that also going to be a part of Pets? May sound like a stupid question ("Duh! It's just a Generations feature!") but I'm wondering why they would show that here.

It maybe possible. I never saw renderings for previous expansion packs, so I am not sure if they would use previous expansion pack items when promoting the newest expansion pack.

Also I hope the leash is actually as comical as shown in that render when the dogs haven't been trained.

I know, it reminds me a little of 101 Dalmatians. It would be adorable to have an overly excited dog start dragging his owner when running to chase a squirrel.

On the last part. The pets need to be let in? Huh? I was wondering how they were going to do this with the open world. When my family had an outside dog we always left her in our fenced backyard. I think it would be flat out weird to leave a dog outside in the open world. I'm hoping that we have the option to keep them constrained to the backyard and the house (the leash allowing for trips around the neighborhood). It would certainly add a bit of realism.

For letting them in, there maybe a cat/dog door so they do not need to wait for their owner. Then there might be a possibility of a raccoon sneaking in and sleeping in the cat bed (learned this from experience ).
What they could do is add a chain or leash to a dog house for outside dogs. Or maybe having a fence around the yard so the dog /cat doesn't run off. That would cause problems for people with Generations though if they have toddlers and need to use the stroller though.

If the renderings are accurate, then it looks like toddlers can play with the animals as well.
Field Researcher
#122 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 10:49 PM
Maybe they'll have a jogging stroller that they take with them?

And I wonder if children can walk the dogs, or just teens and older?
Theorist
#123 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 10:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
^^ A PANDA? It kind of looks like a retextured dog with a retextured bone, but I would be rather happy if something like that made it onto the PC version. Fingers crossed.

Edit: Yeah, they are "a dog panda chow, and a cat skunk birman"
Still, as long as it doesn't bark, I suppose.

They're just dogs/cats (clever false but not false advertising EA), look at Ts2 pet section and you'll see all kinds of different animals.

Hi I'm Paul!
Instructor
#124 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 11:03 PM
I have to say I see a lot of complaints from the name to there doesn't seem to be much we can do with pets. I have to say the fact that we can control them is great plus whats listed on the page isn't everything that will come with the game. the release is months away we will be getting more info. besideds they seem way better than sims 2 pets.
Forum Resident
#125 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 11:25 PM Last edited by birdyfly : 5th Jun 2011 at 12:22 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by PhenethyaSim
I have to say I see a lot of complaints from the name to there doesn't seem to be much we can do with pets. I have to say the fact that we can control them is great plus whats listed on the page isn't everything that will come with the game. the release is months away we will be getting more info. besideds they seem way better than sims 2 pets.

I am so excited that we can control the pets.
Also, there are so many minor features that I love like seeing the cat hiding under the bed and the cat wanting to be let in. I'm curious if pets can gain weight like the sims can and making sure that they stay healthy.
With the name, I don't mind it. I wouldn't be able to make up a more creative name personally :p.

After seeing this video, it makes me even more excited to see pets returning to Sims 3.

Also, I do enjoy the fact that they already announced it. It brings back the nostalgic days of Sims 1 when they had the next expansion pack promoted on the back of the jewel case.

Edit:
Infinite Sims posted this as well:

Quote: Originally posted by Infinite Sims
Pets
Release: 1 October 2011
118 Days till Release
Studio: Redwood Shores
Expansion: Expansion
ESRB: Rating Pending

Available On
PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, N3DS

I don't believe the release date is actually confirmed though.

There is this as well:

Quote: Originally posted by Infinite Sims
One of the biggest selling point in The Sims 3, was traits. This is an aspect of the game that shifted it apart from its predecessors, and just like your Sims, your pets too will also have traits in The Sims 3 Pets. As usual, EA is always very secretive in the beginning, so they have not spilt too many beans about the specific yet, however, we have managed to find out a short list of some of the available traits for your pets (Dogs and/or Cats). (Compiled from 3DSBuzz & SimsCri)

* Piggy
* Skittish
* Lazy
* Destructive
* Proud
* Playful
* Intelligent
* Friendly
* Adventurous
* Aggressive
* Brave
* Hydrophobic