Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#76 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 2:35 PM
Everyone seems to like my name for Showtime better than 'Showtime' itself...

Hey there! :)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 2:38 PM
Now that we've seen a bit more about the pack, I actually think it looks a lot less like LN and actually a little bit more like Freetime. Well... A performing arts specific Freetime.
Alchemist
#78 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alliteration
Now that we've seen a bit more about the pack, I actually think it looks a lot less like LN and actually a little bit more like Freetime. Well... A performing arts specific Freetime.

Freetime didn't have that "I wanna be FAMOUS!" aspect that SHT seems to be pushing.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 3:06 PM
I feel the same level of disappointment as you get when your alarm goes off, you think it's a Saturday morning, but it's actually Monday morning.
Field Researcher
#80 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 3:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
Freetime didn't have that "I wanna be FAMOUS!" aspect that SHT seems to be pushing.

Ah, well there is that.

In wonder if EA thinks that a majority of their consumer base would rather have a bunch of fame themed exps rather than some difference and variation. Actually, knowing most fellow Sims players I've met in the real world, they might actually be right...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#81 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 3:39 PM
We're getting a new town. ^_^

Starlight Shores. I think it will be something along the lines of Sunset Valley and Bridgeport rolled into one, but a heck of a lot prettier.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Alchemist
#82 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 3:42 PM
It does seem to me like they're aiming for the younger crowd with this emphasis on fame, celebrity and performing.
I'd much rather have Freetime hobbies like fixing old cars or making pottery than more Look at Me! stuff.
Is Claeric
#83 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 4:01 PM
It is amazing anybody here even plays teh game with all the crying you all do when there is a new expansion or stuff pack. It is like nobody wants anything except for everything!!
Instructor
#84 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 4:05 PM Last edited by Celebriton : 7th Dec 2011 at 7:20 AM.
The Sims 3 Showtime look very awesome.

But......why I feel Showtime is like.......Late Night part 2. The missing Late Night DJ booth and singer for band. No wonder Late Night, somehow feel a bit plain and something missing.

I hope Starlight Shores is a city world, it more suitable as a city compare with a small town. I also hope for more modern futuristic skyscrapers.
Top Secret Researcher
#85 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 4:05 PM
Yeah, my 11 year old is very excited by the video. I would rather have Freetime hobbies or the ability to run a business than more celebrity stuff. I did like Superstar though but I liked the mini-game within Superstar more than the celebrity aspects.

I wonder if we will have more EPs with less in them this time. Too bad they don't cost a little less to reflect the amount of content. I do think Pets was good value for the content so I hope they toss in enough stuff in SHT too.

Some stuff for our regular hoods would be nice...the ability for children to learn the skills (singing, music, dancing, stage magic), new clubs that focus on performance for kids and adults, ability to own and run an entertainment venue (ticket box), new instruments, etc.

As for the passport, I doubt I will use it but it would be grand if we could send our Superstar performer sims to another world in our own games rather than to another person's game. I suppose you could use Twallan's Traveler for this but would be great if they would build that into the game before sending us out to spam our friends.
Scholar
#86 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 4:40 PM
So... Those who buy Showtime and don't own Late Night can build a "swanky concert hall" to do ...what? ...DJ?

Oh, EA. Using such terming (Concert hall is classical) and then not adding any classical instruments.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Forum Resident
#87 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 4:52 PM
Don't know if already posted, but here's the trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw2SXuHyjLQ
Top Secret Researcher
#88 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
So... Those who buy Showtime and don't own Late Night can build a "swanky concert hall" to do ...what? ...DJ?

Oh, EA. Using such terming (Concert hall is classical) and then not adding any classical instruments.

Not anymore. Concerts can be rock bands, hip hop, pop, or pretty much anything you want to call it. I used to work at at a concert hall in college and we had everything, from classical to Rolling Stones to Lawrence Welk! LOL
Scholar
#89 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
Not anymore. Concerts can be rock bands, hip hop, pop, or pretty much anything you want to call it. I used to work at at a concert hall in college and we had everything, from classical to Rolling Stones to Lawrence Welk! LOL

They used the word "swanky" in front of it, which means 'elegant or ostentatious'.

Nothing in this Expansion Pack fits in an 'elegant' concert hall.

Also I hate to use Wikipedia, but they say a concert hall is "chiefly for classical instrumental music".

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
Is Claeric
#90 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:12 PM
Oh now I saw the trailer!

It looks amazing to me. Superstar only had 3 or 4 things you could do special, and each one was only a few animations- one for doing bad, one for okay, and one for great. This looks like it has a lot more just for the special performances. It looks like it is a mix of Making Magic and Superstar and the dog shows from unleashed, where you pick things to do in any order and the audience likes it how well you do it.

Also the male hair on the magician is the best hair ever.
Is Claeric
#91 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:13 PM
They used the word "swanky" in front of it, which means 'elegant or ostentatious'.

Swanky means BOASTFUL or EXPENSIVE or SHOWY, not "elegant"
Scholar
#92 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Scarity
Swanky means BOASTFUL or EXPENSIVE or SHOWY, not "elegant"

That's not what the dictionary I looked it up on said.

Inventor
#93 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:21 PM
I seriously hope there's more to the EP than what we're getting in the trailer, knowing the way that EA's trailers are made and set up.

Because, otherwise, there's going to be less gameplay involved than any of the other of the EPs.

Do karaoke, do some magic tricks, sing, DJ. That's seriously all that I got out of that trailer. Nothing for kids. Nothing for elders. Nothing for teens even. Anyone see a teen singer in there? I didn't. It just looks like all it will be is just some new skills and new animations that will be for the performances only. The new options will only be worth it if you can get a crowd together. I can't get more than three sims together at a time and that's because ALL OF MY SIMS INSIST ON HANGING OUT IN THE SALON OR CONSIGNMENT STORE RATHER THAN THE DANCE CLUBS. At least Generations had gameplay and objects for everyone as well as new, fun stuff that could be used how I wanted it, rather than me told how to use it. (That's what people mean by sandbox, right?) I could use the strollers for decoration and for taking my babies/toddlers anywhere (at least if the routing wasn't bad) and not that I had to use the stroller to take them to a specific location. I'm worried that the DJ booths will only be able to be used in performances, rather than being able to be used at private parties or in the LN clubs.

I want the careers and skills and such, but this seems to stink of a waste of money to me because there won't be much else to the EP.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Top Secret Researcher
#94 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:25 PM

Also I hate to use Wikipedia, but they say a concert hall is "chiefly for classical instrumental music".

Look up ostentatious: Characterized by vulgar or pretentious display.

This very easily describes pretty much any modern performance.
Is Claeric
#95 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
I seriously hope there's more to the EP than what we're getting in the trailer, knowing the way that EA's trailers are made and set up.

Because, otherwise, there's going to be less gameplay involved than any of the other of the EPs.

Do karaoke, do some magic tricks, sing, DJ. That's seriously all that I got out of that trailer. Nothing for kids. Nothing for elders. Nothing for teens even. Anyone see a teen singer in there? I didn't. It just looks like all it will be is just some new skills and new animations that will be for the performances only.

Nobody minded with Superstar, why do people cry about it so much now...?

Also I cannot believe people see a 2 minute montage of stuff and go "Wow now I know how the WHOLE EXPANSION is!!!" :\ And did you even think of furniture? Furniture is half the game!
Scholar
#96 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:33 PM
Also I cannot believe people see a 2 minute montage of stuff and go "Wow now I know how the WHOLE EXPANSION is!!!" :\ And did you even think of furniture? Furniture is half the game!

Lets just be blunt, we can get a lot of furniture from other sources. What EA adds may or may not compete with what we can get from CC, and even so the shrinking size of EP's lately leads to there not being much of it to begin with.

What is shown in the trailer is pretty much all there is regarding big objects with new interactions - which is what we come to EA for.

Is Claeric
#97 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:47 PM
Then why even pay attention to EPs if every single one disappoints you because it doesn't give you a bassoon and violin?? Just download CC and ignore the EPs. :\ None of these topics are about talking about the EP, they are about people taking them over to complain that they aren't happy. It is dumb. It is stupid. They should only let you post about the EP in these topics, not about how you hate it from a 2 minute video. That or make a topic for complaining and a topic for actually discussing...
Forum Resident
#98 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:48 PM
I feel guilty that I'm excited for this EP now. *Dodges the throwing rocks*

I am just happy that there are features that were finally added that I've been wanting since the base game. I am still sour about the limited edition, but I am planning to pre-order.
Scarity,
I agree that I like the hairstyles. I am hoping there is a massage table and a sauna, but I am not sure if that will be added.

I am curious as to what the creature will be. At first I thought it would be a witch, but I am not too sure.
Alchemist
#99 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:49 PM

We know what the central theme of the EP is: performing and being famous. Plus, social networking.
New furniture is nice, but getting an EP means dealing with the new features, which often force themselves on you even when you don't want them, through wish spam at the minimum, and at the worst, issues like vampire overpopulation or memory spam lagging up your game.
Inventor
#100 Old 6th Dec 2011 at 5:52 PM

Furniture is NOT half the game. WTF? Are you freaking kidding me? If this was the case, people would be even more pissed off about the Store than they already are. Furniture might be half the game in Sims Social, but not the actual game itself.

Also, this is EP 6. Since Sims 2, they've been showing us supposed gameplay in trailers that NEVER ended up in an expansion. Pet shows in the Sims 3 Pets trailer ring a bell? Can't happen. You don't have open pet shows. Late Night clubs being full of sims? Not true.

Considering this is EP 6, we've learned EA's marketing game by now. They'll try to sell us on little moments that are STAGED or RARELY HAPPEN.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Page 4 of 73