Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mod Conflict Detector [Update 03/03/2018]

by DmitryMalfatto Posted 6th Aug 2015 at 1:23 AM - Updated 3rd Mar 2018 at 1:01 PM by DmitryMalfatto

965 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 543 Feedback Posts, 421 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 35 of 39
Test Subject
#851 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 1:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by trida
I can't get past the setting screen. It's the page where it says 'Welcome To Mod Conflict Detector" There's a default scan path, and then that's it. I can do nothing on that page. Anybody have the same issue?

The dumbest thing ever. Because it automatically popped out in window mode and didn't go all the way through the bottom page, I didn't know there's a 'save' button to proceed. Please move on with your lives, nothing to see here.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#852 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 9:02 AM
ok im getting pretty frustrated. This thiong is Stuck in a never Ending loading screen. I thought its mabe checking something or so. But nope. After one Day entire running it and let in run in its loading screen i cannot come out of it. Even restart of my Pc or the programm itself doenst helps anything.
Soon i start it its stuck in never ending loading screen.

I know before it came to this situation that i clicked something in the options and than it switched to this loading screen. Im a bit curious if it has something to do with it, has saved it and now cant get out of it.
Im using a very old version of this tool, where the entire design is different and this version still works. but its not actual.
Now i try this new version and only have issues. wtf. Has someone a plan how to fix this? Since the developer hisself seams to be vanished :-/
Test Subject
#853 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 7:14 PM
I keep getting a unable to load game components disabled by user, but i didn't do anything. When i had the oldest version of the Mod Conflict Detector, it worked fine. Anyone know how to solve this problem?
Lab Assistant
#854 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 8:39 PM
has anyone made an updated version of this mod?
Test Subject
#855 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 3:06 PM
I love this programme but I dont understand the duplicate mods part, it says I have A LOT of duplicate mods and theyre in blue of course, but if I delete the mods marked in blue am I deleting the whole mod or just a duplicate? Because I can't find any duplicates when I look myself. I hope I'm making sense it's just I have hundreds of mods and don't want to risk deleting mods that I had to scour the internet for in the first place lol
Test Subject
#856 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 6:37 PM
If the creator of this mod, is still interested in keeping this mod up to date, please do so. If not, could someone, with the brains to do it, please update or create a new mod that finds conflicts and dupes. It would be greatly appreciated by all those who are posting problems with this mod.
Lab Assistant
#857 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by holtai
I love this programme but I dont understand the duplicate mods part, it says I have A LOT of duplicate mods and theyre in blue of course, but if I delete the mods marked in blue am I deleting the whole mod or just a duplicate? Because I can't find any duplicates when I look myself. I hope I'm making sense it's just I have hundreds of mods and don't want to risk deleting mods that I had to scour the internet for in the first place lol

As long as you have the directory only set to your Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods folder, it only highlights one of them as a duplicate. So anything that says "Has Duplicates" would be ok to delete, the one it duplicates would be highlighted as "Ready". You can sort it by File Name to be sure though and make a backup copy of your Mods folder just to be on the safe side.

Origin ID: ScarletQueenKat
Scarlet's Realm - Tracking the status of all mods in the community so you don't have to!
Lab Assistant
#858 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by el1090
If the creator of this mod, is still interested in keeping this mod up to date, please do so. If not, could someone, with the brains to do it, please update or create a new mod that finds conflicts and dupes. It would be greatly appreciated by all those who are posting problems with this mod.

It's not a mod, it's a program so don't put it in your Mods folder or it won't work. The program still works just fine from what I can tell, I'm still using it with no issues. Are you having problems with it?

Origin ID: ScarletQueenKat
Scarlet's Realm - Tracking the status of all mods in the community so you don't have to!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#859 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 2:28 AM
thanks
Lab Assistant
#860 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 4:24 PM
When I click, the title screen with the diamonds comes up but then it crashes. Impossible to use.
Test Subject
#861 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 8:42 AM
I have mac, and I cant figure out how to install... :/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#862 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 1:20 PM
thank you
Test Subject
#863 Old 20th Feb 2019 at 6:02 PM
Does anyone know how I uninstall it?
After I used it my game wouldn't launch.....
Test Subject
#864 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 12:49 AM
Does any know if the author has posted the source code for this project in a publicly accessible repository?
Thanks for the effort to get this far, Dimitry!
Test Subject
#865 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 5:08 PM Last edited by TheBrIWasHere : 17th Mar 2019 at 5:45 PM.
Works as of 3/17/2019
I followed the steps and used this detector on 3/17/2019. Sadly it seems to be outdated, since following its suggestions broke my game extremely. I'm continuing to see if I can figure out a way to get it to work in case it was somehow my fault. I will update this post if I find out it was due to something I did. It's a wonderful idea though, and I really hope someone updates it.

UPDATED: I found the problem! This still works great, with no problems *once you understand it*. DO NOT keep it opened when starting your game up. It can/will break it. That's what happened to me, and I had to take my mods all out, restore the game, and then put them back to get the game to work again.

Take note that it will say the mod "conflicts" for almost everything that changes aspects of the base game. Example: A mod that keeps testingcheats on at all times.

Hope this helps anyone struggling with it.
Test Subject
#866 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 12:10 AM
Default What do you mean by restore?
Quote: Originally posted by TheBrIWasHere
I followed the steps and used this detector on 3/17/2019. Sadly it seems to be outdated, since following its suggestions broke my game extremely. I'm continuing to see if I can figure out a way to get it to work in case it was somehow my fault. I will update this post if I find out it was due to something I did. It's a wonderful idea though, and I really hope someone updates it.

UPDATED: I found the problem! This still works great, with no problems *once you understand it*. DO NOT keep it opened when starting your game up. It can/will break it. That's what happened to me, and I had to take my mods all out, restore the game, and then put them back to get the game to work again.

Take note that it will say the mod "conflicts" for almost everything that changes aspects of the base game. Example: A mod that keeps testingcheats on at all times.

Hope this helps anyone struggling with it.

What do you mean by restore?
Test Subject
#867 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 11:40 PM Last edited by ZombieNerdxx : 30th Mar 2019 at 12:29 AM.
I downloaded and am running the program now. However, ALL of my CC and mods appear to be missing from the folders I had them in. The folders are still there, but the contents are missing. Did this program really just delete ALL of my cc and mods??!!

UPDATE: YES! It deleted ALL of my cc files!!!
Test Subject
#868 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 12:16 AM
Can someone please update this?
Lab Assistant
#869 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 6:33 PM
Zombie, unless you hit the delete button within the program it dosen't auto delete your content. I still use this with no issues and I have over 20 gigs of CC/Mods.

Kimms it has been over a year since the author has stated he can no longer work on this and no one has taken it up, I doubt it will be at this point.

For others: The program will state that mods conflict with each other when they do not, it there you need to understand that the mods you are using sometimes use the same strings and it causes it to state there is a conflict. Just refer to the mod you are using the author should give you a list of things it will conflict with. As for CC Conflicts, Some CC is cloned from objects and will make the program see it as a conflict when it is not, again know your CC, Many authors/creators will let you know what it will conflict with.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#870 Old 11th May 2019 at 7:58 PM
this saved my life!!!
Test Subject
#871 Old 12th May 2019 at 12:37 AM
I have a question: Could I use this to see if I have broken cc that isn't compatible or doesn't have a mesh?
Test Subject
#872 Old 14th May 2019 at 5:11 PM
Is anyone using a MAC when they use this program? I was told it wouldn't work and need one like this very bad. I have too much content to go through individually.
Test Subject
#873 Old 25th May 2019 at 8:31 PM
Here's a link to the version 1.9 of this tool. It works for me, whereas the newer versions don't. Hopefully it'll help someone out.
Lab Assistant
#874 Old 29th May 2019 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fazikku
Here's a link to the version 1.9 of this tool. It works for me, whereas the newer versions don't. Hopefully it'll help someone out.

For me the program won't even launch
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#875 Old 30th May 2019 at 10:59 AM
thanks
Page 35 of 39