Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 5th Jan 2011 at 6:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheCreeper
"A lot" means over 10. I have only heard of Vietnam and Korea. A lot, indeed.

No, I'm frowning at THEM, I'd give the ones who do this to the cannibals, to see if they enjoy it.

a lot
- 2 dictionary results
Idioms & Phrases

a lot

Very many, a large number; also, very much. For example, A lot of people think the economy is declining, or Sad movies always made her cry a lot. It is sometimes put as a whole lot for greater emphasis, as in I learned a whole lot in his class. It may also emphasize a comparative indication of amount, as in We need a whole lot more pizza to feed everyone, or Mary had a lot less nerve than I expected. [Colloquial; early 1800s]

a lot

adverb
to a very great degree or extent; "I feel a lot better"; "we enjoyed ourselves very much"; "she was very much interested"; "this would help a great deal"

Really, it means more than 10,,,,, SURE IT DOES. One could argue that it could mean more than 2, or 3, it's basically open to interpretation.

A quick google search reveals that dog meat has been consumed in pretty much every part of the world at one point in time or another. In some places it just stayed ingrained in the culture more than others due to ease of raising the animals, the ease of training the animals to do more than just be a food source (hunting, protection etc).

Just because YOU frown on dog meat doesn't make it wrong. WRONG is the abuse, but that doesn't mean everyone that consumes dog meat is abusive. I've eaten it before, I've also eaten grasshopper, whale. calamari, come to think of it probably the only thing I haven't eaten is human.

Don't crap on the culture because you don't agree with it, make sure what you're hating on is the abuse. "A LOT" of the world eats cow, but 885 million Hindu adherents think it's wrong.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 10:00 PM
Signed. :(
I have 7 dogs. Signed.

.-..-.
`·.·´

●/
/▌
/ \
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 3rd Nov 2011 at 8:32 AM
What?! This is getting out of control! Something needs to be done
about this!!! psychopaths they are! And even over in Japan they have
killed over 2000 dolphins, how sick is that? This is just all WRONG!!!!!!

Magic is for good.
But still is misunderstood.
It lives within you.
Use it when you should.
Test Subject
#29 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 2:27 AM
Eww.... They ELECTROCUTE them? That's gross. Wouldn't the meat be burned anyway? I'm sorry, I must sound heartless. But seriously?! Wait.. What about compromise? Couldn't the people of South Korea the LOVE dog meat only eat died-of-old-age dog meat? Then it would be healthy, and would stop unnecessarily killing dogs. I'm a supporter until WWIII, mmk? I lufflers me's doggie. I give him a kiss everyday. <3

Be the Christian who, when you wake up in the morning, the devil says, "Oh, no! They're up!"
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 30th Dec 2011 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PharaohHound
Building on what Mosomashu and blueFoxx0123 have said, I'm absolutely against killing dogs, certainly, but I can't protest the consumption of just one type of animal just because our culture decides that it's taboo to eat them. In Hinduism, as far as I understand (I am open to being corrected, I'm not Hindu), cows are considered sacred and eating them is taboo, yet many North American people who would immediately object to eating dogs have no problems with eating beef.

Objectively speaking, there is no difference between eating dogs and eating cows (or chickens, or goats, or horses, or any other animal), they are all valid food sources. There is nothing inherently wrong with eating dogs. The difference is that western culture teaches us that consuming dogs is taboo. I do have a problem with animals, any animals, being slaughtered inhumanely for food.

And please don't think I'm anti-dog! The reason I joined this group is because I am an animal lover! I own a Brittany Spaniel named Mick whom I love with all my heart :D, and the thought of dogs being eaten provokes an immediate negative reaction within me. I would certainly never, ever eat dog meat (I'm working on becoming a vegetarian, I eat chicken a few times a year). But I choose to objectively examine the root of that feeling, and have concluded that it is cultural, not logical.

At any rate, South Korea is certainly not the only place where dog meat is eaten. Dog meat is eaten in many East Asian countries, and other places worldwide. If the petition was one to stop dog meat consumption worldwide, I might consider signing it, but I'm not comfortable with targeting one country. I'm not trying to start a fight, I respect people's choice to sign... I'm just trying to provide a different, objective perspective on things.

Jeez, I'll shut up now.

I agree with this 100%! People need to see that its just not in South Korea. Everywhere eats dogs, and even cats. Lets go in depth shall we.

I am not trying to start fights here, not at all. But if you want to end beating of dogs, and other things. Then you need to sign a petition for every other country that does so. For instance look at the United States, people abuse animals to the max, and yes some even eat the dogs. We can't just look at the smaller picture here, we need to see the pictures that are outside of the frame. Lets say that this works. Now are you going to go through EVERY other country and try your hardest to end it? Why not have made a petition for all the animals that are abused and eaten?

And people need to also realize that sometimes that dog meat is the only thing available. Yes, I do not condone the abusing of the dogs. There are many reasons why people eat dogs. A lot of reasons, and I will post them soon. Different views from different eyes, need to be seen.

I mean just not dogs are eaten. Dolphins are eaten. Cats are baked LIVE mind you, and to be eaten. So, if we are to stop the abuse of dogs, then I would assume that all other animals do not matter. And only South Korea is the only country that does this. In which is not true. As PharaohHound said.

Now, do not get me wrong. I love animals. I do. I have a dog named Mocha, and a cat as well. But to put it all on South Korea, and not seeing that there is worse countries out there, that do the exact same thing. Or even baking cats, alive. Its horrible, I will not deny that. But subject of signing this to stop South Korea, once its becomes global and you want to stop it all countries, I will defiantly sign. I am signing here as well.

Here is a list of what countries that eat dogs:

China

Indonesia

Korea (Obviously)

Mexico

Philippines:
(
1. When it is done as part of the religious rituals of an established religion or sect or a ritual required by tribal or ethnic custom of indigenous cultural communities; however, leaders shall keep records in cooperation with the Committee on Animal Welfare;
2. When the pet animal is afflicted with an incurable communicable disease as determined and certified by a duly licensed veterinarian;
3. When the killing is deemed necessary to put an end to the misery suffered by the animal as determined and certified by a duly licensed veterinarian;
4. When it is done to prevent an imminent danger to the life or limb of a human being;
5. When done for the purpose of animal population control;
6. When the animal is killed after it has been used in authorized research or experiments; and
7. Any other ground analogous to the foregoing as determined and certified licensed veterinarian.)

Polynesia

Switzerland

Taiwan

Arctic and Antarctic, [Siberia, Northern Canada, Greenland and Alaska]

Some of these people eat dogs to survive. Some maybe not as brutal, but they still eat them. Some eat them because for Religious reasons.

Again I do NOT condone the massacre of the dogs. And I will never condone it. And I hope that people do not bash me for what I am saying. But South Korea isn't the only place where dog or animal abuse is happening. There are other countries that are worse. Let me give you one example:

My English Teacher (Mr. White) lived on a farm where they herded sheep. Well of course they had sheep dogs, and the female just had puppies. Mr. White's father released the puppies, and all that chased after the sheep were safe. However, the ones that didn't go after the sheep. They had their heads beaten in against the fence post.

True story and that was in America. Just stating a fact.

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Test Subject
#31 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 1:37 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTTT THE DOGSSS I WOULD KILL MYSELF FOR MY DOG I LOVE HIM WILL ALL MY HEART <3 <3 <3 LOve Buddy <3

P.S His names not Buddy
Test Subject
#32 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 3:04 AM
Omg
Quote: Originally posted by The Creeper
I have a dog, named Chucky, whom I love oh-so-much. I signed. These barbarians have to be stopped somehow. They'd better eat their children than dogs. Argh, they make me so damn mad!

I have a dog named Chucky Too!!!!
Test Subject
#33 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
I see nothing wrong with the eating of any animal, but animals should be eaten in a humane manner, by pouncing on them by surprise and killing them, not by keeping them locked in cages and force-fed.

You must be from South Korea too
Screenshots
#34 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 6:15 AM Last edited by BloodyScholastic : 22nd Jun 2015 at 7:38 AM.
Did you know dog meat consumption in South Korea has been declining until the longest-running dog meat serving restaurant is forced to close its business?
http://qz.com/258551/seouls-most-fa...ant-has-closed/
No younger generations of Koreans people want to eat dog meat. Dog and animal activists in South Korea have been trying to save the dogs and end up the dog meat consumption.

Please understand the real issues and do some research before you say something like OMG DOGS ARE CUTE! HOW CRUEL KOREANS ARE THEY KILLING DOGS FOR FOOD!!!!!
Read my post over Yulin dog meat festival for similar reasoning.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=557896

@Yazoo I find your information to be inaccurate and very misleading for non-Asians/westerners here. They will think citizens of countries you were listed are all dog eaters while in fact they are not. I urge you to edit your list or you'll be regarded as ignorant.

My country is listed there - Indonesia. In reality, I don't deny the fact that actually only very small minority of people in small region cities eating dogs. Only very small minority! WHILE MAJORITY OF INDONESIANS ARE NOT! Eating dog here is seen as taboo, haram, disgusting, and immoral like in your western country is. Because of dog's saliva is considered haram / forbidden by muslim laws, eating dog meat will be automatically considered haram and forbidden. So do the rest of other non-muslim citizens, they keep dogs as pets with love like their family members, not food. Animal abusers including dog abusers will get serious moral punishment from citizens here.

Taiwan banned dog meat for consumption http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=81791
Taiwanese people consider eating dog meat is backward and cruel.

Do some research next time and do not be ignorant to countries with different culture from yours.
Ironically, some of the response posts here are extremely shallow, not useful, disrespectful and racist towards South Koreans without strong reasoning.
@Domi11 @sims3user773 You can hate dog eaters but do not blame all Koreans. Your post is insulting South Koreans who do not eat dog meat. They are Sims players too and can access this site and this group to read your post.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland

Page 2 of 2