Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 2:00 PM
Default mod conflict detector?
I thought it was here, but it's on a site that's defunct. Surely there's some other place to find it!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 1st Feb 2021 at 5:07 PM
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Meet Me In My Next Life
#4 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 10:46 PM
@HugeLunatic Question please, Is there a different between the two HDCU you mention in post #3 than the original one I have from Simswardrobe ?

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 4th Feb 2021 at 11:26 PM
Those both find the path to the UC.  If you don't have to move folders or rename them to get it HDCU towork, then you don't need them.  The one by whoward has more functions to mark files as known conflicts, and to search certain subfolders (plus more I probably forgot/don't know how to use).
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Feb 2021 at 5:00 PM
I am grateful. I didn't even know LazyDuchess had a version of this mod available. I was constantly crashing and I couldn't figure out why. It turned out I had two folders with the same mods in two locations. The second folder was buried deep in a place it shouldn't have been. I wouldn't have even thought to look there on my own. (It was a mod folder in a CC clothing section) So THANKS for this. I also took out some questionable mods that were possibly conflicting and duplicating the same wanted behavior. I went from 110 conflicts to 36.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 5:14 AM
Whoward's version crashed on my PC - I think my antiviral program ate it.

Lazyduchess' version is a CROCK - it worked EXACTLY EXACTLY EXACTLY the SAME as Paladin's old version, in spite of the claim [Not True] that it works with the Ultimate Collection. It. Does. NOT.

This has me very upset, because I'm trying to find out what the mod conflict is that keeps SmartBeds from working AT ALL AT ALL AT ALL. (Have tried "Sleep In Your Own Bed", but the side effects are unacceptable - humped covers AND reversion to default bed whenever a new global pops up the sims. I got tired of having to replace every damn bed every time I added a new mod.)
Alchemist
#8 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 8:21 AM
@Sims2Maven, there's one more updated program you can try:
[https://midgethetree.tumblr.com/pos...d#notes]SiMidge by Midgethetree [/url].

Otherwise you can tell your antivirus program to ignore files. Or even disable it while you download . I have Norton and what usually helps me is extracting the folder after downloading, and running the program from that folder, as the Norton rarely realizes it's the same file. Not sure what program you have but it's worth a shot. I find that antivirus programs like Norton tend to flag files that aren't often downloaded, and that's why it's been removed. Not that there's actually something suspicious. (I scan the extracted folder, for example, and it never finds anything.)

Finally, if you experience crashing when running the HCDU, try lightening your download folder and just testing mods. I often get crashing when running it on my full folder (over 20 GB). I think manually changing your file path also helps when running the HCDU with UC.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#9 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 2:16 AM Last edited by Sims2Maven : 15th Apr 2021 at 2:36 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Finally, if you experience crashing when running the HCDU, try lightening your download folder and just testing mods. I often get crashing when running it on my full folder (over 20 GB). I think manually changing your file path also helps when running the HCDU with UC.

Hmm. That might be the problem with Whoward's tool. Nobody said anything about any size limits, but you never know.
Lazyduchess' "revision" was supposed to read your actual Downloads folder instead of the dummy folder you had to make to get Paladin's to work. But - it still reads only the dummy folder (if you have one). I was suspicious when it didn't show any new conflicts, cleared the dummy folder - and lo and behold, zero conflicts (because zero files).
Boy was I PO'd!

Update: Tried SiMidge. No go. If you don't have Windows 10 (I have 8.1), forget it.
Alchemist
#10 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 3:08 AM
@Sims2Maven, I see. I would get rid of the dummy folder entirely though, to make sure Lazyduchess' one isn't getting confused about where to look.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#11 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 1:59 PM
I have more than 20 GB of downloads, UC and use Lazy Duchess' version of HCDU without problems and without having to make a dummy folder on Win7 so it does work as advertised.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Alchemist
#12 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 4:08 PM
It might vary by folder and what you have in it, etc. My folder typically has a lot of conflicts (100+) and, apparently, a ton of duplicates (just discovered that last month, lol).

In my experience, once you hit a certain number of conflicts, HCDU starts to freeze up, though HCDU Plus runs better.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#13 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
I would get rid of the dummy folder entirely though

Tried that. It didn't help. Looks like there was some mixup at her site and the UNmodified original program got posted "as" the "improved" version.

No dummy folder, no worky.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 15th Apr 2021 at 10:06 PM
I got Simidge I don't understand how it works. But the original mod detector still works fine in windows 10 non UC.
Test Subject
#15 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 6:53 PM Last edited by RyanQuinn : 21st Apr 2021 at 5:23 PM.
Thx for sharing!