Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 7:20 AM
Default Sims 2 CC Finds?
Hi! I'm getting back into the Sims 2 and 3, and I was wondering if there are any good CC Finds blogs for Sims 2, especially ones that are sorted by tag. Thank you! :D
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 9:43 PM Last edited by Phantomknight : 16th Apr 2021 at 5:45 PM. Reason: added links; spelling
I actually haven't seen too many finds blogs anymore lately. If I had to guess, it's because it's a lot of work to maintain. (Though maybe I just missed some and someone else will know.) I think there's a space for finds at SimsCave, though. There is one on MTS, too, and maybe Garden of Shadows, but I don't think those are updated as frequently. Definitely not the MTS thread.

Anyway, what I usually do is follow creators on tumblr, and because they reblog each other, that's how I find new cc and simblrs. Do you know what kind of cc you're looking for? That way I can just recommend you some creators to check out. For clothes, for example, definitely, definitely, definitely check out DeeDee, Rented Space, and MDPthatsme. They've become, like, my holy trinity of clothes downloads in the past few years. But some other creators are Memento, Skell, Mikexx2, ItsDiamondEyesUniverse, Vulrien, and Whysims, to name a few creators from the tabs I have open right now. (If you're looking for more realistic cc and non-maxis match conversions, I can recommend some other creators, but some of those are pay sites, so I try not to recommend them first.)

For furniture, it can be a lot more varied, depending on what style you're looking for, but Veranka and Amovitam and the TheNinthWave would probably have to be my top three recommends. Veranka and Amovitam aren't active anymore, but their conversions stand the test of time, imo, and you can't go wrong with their downloads. Definitely check out Veranka if you missed that back in the day.

ETA: I feel like I also have to mention Shastakiss, HugeLunatic, and CrispsandKerosene.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 10:22 PM
@Phantomknight
Thank you, definitely gonna check some of them out, and I prefer more maxis match style, so I think they'll work well with the style in my game!
And I'm definitely looking for more hairs and clothes, for hair I don't like anything too shiny/alpha looking if that makes any sense
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HeatherineDreamer
@Phantomknight
Thank you, definitely gonna check some of them out, and I prefer more maxis match style, so I think they'll work well with the style in my game!
And I'm definitely looking for more hairs and clothes, for hair I don't like anything too shiny/alpha looking if that makes any sense

Sim cave. http://simscave.mustbedestroyed.org...php?board=172.0

Make sure to have a Tumblr and check it each day for new content, only Sim cave has been slow lately. Here is mine https://joplayingthesims.tumblr.com/ I reblog a lot of sims 2 stuff and do some uploads. Check who I am following, quite a few of them create CC. A few are realistic because I followed them for jewellery, but most except hair is MM.

Also 'alpha' is a sims 4 term. The only alpha that sims 2 has is an alpha editable mesh which meant it was changeable. 'Alpha' in modern game speak is what we call 'realistic/shiny'. Yes I know I am being fussy but I honestly hate how this new 'alpha' term has invaded sims 2 speak. It was never a thing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Apr 2021 at 11:47 PM
@joandsarah77
Thank you for the links, and should I just refer to it as realistic? Alpha just unfortunately seems to be what people refer to it now.
Alchemist
#6 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 1:17 AM
Yes, for TS2, the terms will be realistic vs MM (Maxis Match). Each generation has its own lingo, but in this case, I'll have to agree that "realistic" is a better term because it encompasses more than just hair. Furniture done in a MM style, for example, tends to be things in a heavier, blockier-style. Realistic furniture will be thinner, with slimmer lines, sometimes photoshopped or using photo textures, and yes, often shiny (especially in terms of skins). Each style can be good, but MM tends to be less high-poly and therefore easier on your computer. Even if you have a great gaming setup, lower poly items generally mean you can download more stuff!

Anyway, you mentioned hairs. A few MM simmers have started using the New Hair System; I believe Mikexx2 came up with it. I haven't tried it myself, but I see/hear good things about it. Otherwise, Simgaroop, Poppet, and Remi are other well known MM textures. DeeDee, which I linked to above, and some other simmers, still do hairs in Simgaroop. There are many versions of Poppet and Remi textures (2 of Poppet and at least 3 Remi), but you can find a lot of older hairs, and a few new ones, in those textures.

I would recommend downloading some hairs in a few different styles at first and trying out the different textures and color actions. Once you figure out which one you like best, it'll be easier to search for specific hairs done in the texture/colors you want. Victoriasims is a good start for that, since hairs are uploaded in a few different color actions. Once you've decided on the color action and textures you want, when you see a hair you like, you can do a search to see if it was also done in your favorite style.

If you're unsure, I'd recommend either starting with the new hair system, because it's the most recent, or Simgaroop, as it's probably the closest to the original Maxis hairs. I personally use a wide range of color actions/textures, and often switch depending on the hair, so I'll say it's really down to personal preference and don't be afraid to mix and match. You might like the red in one color action, but the blonde in another, and then the brown in yet another one. That's okay; it's your game. Most simmers upload separate files of each color so you can pick and choose the ones you want.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 1:28 AM
@Phantomknight
Thank you so much for the hair explanation! I'll do a bit of shopping around to see what sorts of hair I like.

Also I'm so glad to be going back to 2 and 3
Field Researcher
#8 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 1:53 AM
A bit of self-promotion here, but I run a small forum with a finds section. All the CC is organised by tags, there are a lot of parameters to help you find exactly what you are looking for. Some CC is covered better than other stuff, but I do have plans to keep adding more and more content (help wanted, btw :D). It's usually available at https://makemysimsreal.com/, but we are currently experiencing domain name issues, so please use https://makemysimsreal.forumotion.com/ instead.
Alchemist
#9 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 5:50 PM
@Aileena, I thought the site was down; good to know it's still around. It's definitely come in handy when it comes finding older cc, or cc in a specific topic/area.

aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#10 Old 16th Apr 2021 at 10:57 PM
Hi @Aileena ! I've just registered and joined your site, and set up my profile, but I was having a lot of difficulty because most of the links were to makemysimsreal.com and I had to manually add "forumotion" to the URLs. So I think I'll leave it a few days till I come back. I liked the little bit I did see though. All the Best!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 2:08 AM
Thank you for your kind words. Yes, unfortunately the links system is down. This will definitely be fixed in the future. However, if you just use the tags in the posts themselves, the system still works. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I am glad you liked the website.
Alchemist
#12 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 11:00 AM
I've been working on a pinterest board that is mainly for closed/unavailable/hard to find stuff, but also other stuff as well. https://www.pinterest.nz/tiffanyburke79/_saved/

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Field Researcher
#13 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 8:53 PM
Posters above covered so many of the great creators out there, I just want to mention that the Sims 2 Default Database also exists and is updated regularly. (+ check out Suratan & BeautifulNerdKitty for even more conversions and recolours!)

Also, if you're looking for Neighbourhood deco, I definitely recommend checking out Criquette and Lowedus.

Call me Seth!