Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Intro with Maxis logo

by ellacharmed Posted 6th Mar 2013 at 4:17 PM - Updated 9th Mar 2013 at 3:37 PM by ellacharmed

157 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 107 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 29th May 2013 at 12:35 PM
Works great, thank you for creating and sharing this :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 1st Jun 2013 at 10:51 PM
Why do we need a intro for the sims whene we have this
Forum Resident
#53 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 11:42 AM
needs update for patch 1.55?
Test Subject
#54 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 6:50 AM
Hiya Ella - thanks so much for this mod - I find those intro videos so frustrating to sit through EVERY time. And then on top of that you've got that lengthy loading screen too!

I hope you you don't mind but I made a video promoting this mod for my youtube channel. I gave you full credit of course and linked back to you thread.

Thanks again for making this - and I can verify that it seems to be working fine on the latest update 22/6/2013

Adi
Test Subject
#55 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by catalina_45
needs update for patch 1.55?

Nop, I tested and it works like a charm =]
Forum Resident
#56 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 9:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HookOff
Nop, I tested and it works like a charm =]

Thank you for information.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 27th Jun 2013 at 1:45 AM
Too bad we can't roll back an update
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 30th Jun 2013 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VenieOnzen
Too bad we can't roll back an update

Sure you can:
1. backup the "Saves" folder from the sims 3 folder
2. Uninstall the Basegame with every custom content
3. Run CCleaner and scan for registry issues
4. Delete the sims 3 folder from the installation path you had The Sims 3 Basegame installed.
5. Reboot
6. Install the Basegame
7. Look in the MTS wiki for the patch you need and install it.
8. Disable automatic updates in the launcher
9. Install every sims3pack again...
10. Copy the "Saves" folder back to your Sims 3 folder. savegames that had run on patch 1.55 can't run on 1.50 aso...
11. Enjoy...
Field Researcher
#59 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shazzar14
really? you guys obviously don't know that ea didn't create the sims games but maxis did. maxis is just owned by ea, they are not separate companies. anyway, I think maxis deserves 4 seconds of you viewing their logo for their amazing work of art. I do think this is a good mod, I'm just surprised by everyone commenting about how annoyed they are about this.

It's all about getting to the game faster. Nothing against Maxis.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 1st Jul 2013 at 4:45 PM
1.55 And working just fine
Theorist
THANKS POST
#61 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 3:55 AM
Hope this works with 1.55 :-)
Test Subject
#62 Old 4th Jul 2013 at 8:28 PM
I had to remove this in order for the game to load. Perhaps it was a mod conflict. :/
Test Subject
#63 Old 18th Jul 2013 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nesleyswipes
I had to remove this in order for the game to load. Perhaps it was a mod conflict. :/

I'd bet you downloaded the normal framework archive, and left the now-obsolete original "nointro.package" in there. Adding this mod will cause conflicts with that one, since this mods all the same files the original had. This one just includes an additional one for the Maxis logo that appeared with the 1.50 patch.

By the way, for the rest of you wondering if it will work with a given patch, the same rules the original mod had should apply with this, in that it should never need to be updated unless EA adds a new logo again, which is the reasoning for the Compatibility part of the main description of this mod (feel free to read next time ).
Test Subject
#64 Old 22nd Jul 2013 at 2:04 AM
Okay, I've tried reading the help forum, but no luck

Where do I put the 'nointromaxis.package' to make it work?

I put it in '...\Origin\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\', the the logo still comes up.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Test Subject
#65 Old 23rd Jul 2013 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 20xd6
Okay, I've tried reading the help forum, but no luck

Where do I put the 'nointromaxis.package' to make it work?

I put it in '...\Origin\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\', the the logo still comes up.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Okay, go to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages and then paste in the Packages folder.

If you have not set up your game to accept mods here , you will not have a Mods folder.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#66 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 4:59 AM
Ugh, thanks, I was desperately hoping someone had made something like this again.
Test Subject
#67 Old 9th Aug 2013 at 8:06 PM
for some reason both my maxis logo and my video go away and I only have installed this one and my game is patched to the latest? isn't it supposed to take away just the maxis logo?
Field Researcher
#68 Old 21st Aug 2013 at 10:48 PM
doesn't need an update?
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 3:13 PM Last edited by FoggyClovilah : 6th Sep 2013 at 5:43 PM. Reason: Saw a different problem not associated with this mod.
Isn't working after last patch for me, shows full intro with movie now. I was hoping this took away the maxis and ea logos as well as the Sims 3 and video at the beginning so that the game just starts to load immediately.
(Patch 1.57)

Edit: Apparently neither of the NoIntro mods are working anymore with the game after the patch for some reason. I'm sure I messed something up I just barely have tme to fix this stuff right now or really looks things up. (Today is my son's one month birthday! )
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 20th Oct 2013 at 7:18 AM
@IceSilverCrystal, nope.

This is still working for me on 1.63. And it was working when I was on 1.57, too, before I updated on Thu 17th Oct.

@FoggyClovilah, @csg5vbe3argf and for those who still see the intro,
can you test if the original works (i.e Rick's), if you haven't done so? Or just my version don't work?
Another qn: are you guys bypassing Launcher? Have DVD, Origin or Steam version?

Better late then never?
Quote: Originally posted by koolkat
for some reason both my maxis logo and my video go away and I only have installed this one and my game is patched to the latest? isn't it supposed to take away just the maxis logo?

Quote: Originally posted by FAQ #2
This is a replacement of the original by Rick, and would disable ALL no intro vids.
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#72 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 7:23 AM
Latest version dated Feb 2013? (click on the Magnifying glass icon in the Files tab)
This item hasn't been updated since I uploaded it, and yes; the latest version is still the original version I shared and it still works today.
Test Subject
#73 Old 23rd Oct 2013 at 5:42 PM
Default the nointro overides don't work anymore :(
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
@IceSilverCrystal, nope.

This is still working for me on 1.63. And it was working when I was on 1.57, too, before I updated on Thu 17th Oct.

@FoggyClovilah, @csg5vbe3argf and for those who still see the intro,
can you test if the original works (i.e Rick's), if you haven't done so? Or just my version don't work?
Another qn: are you guys bypassing Launcher? Have DVD, Origin or Steam version?

Better late then never?

I have updated to 1.63 I use the launcher to start my game and I have the DVD but still the nointro and the no maxis into still run.

BLESSED BE!
Gabi
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 24th Oct 2013 at 6:32 PM
@Opalisis, you'd need to Bypass the Launcher in order for the mod folder to be read, I believe. Or, do other mods work and appear in game, and only this one is a problem? How about the nobuildsparkles that came with the CC Framework zip? If you need help in setting up CC, and the wiki doesn't help clear the confusion, post in Help.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 4:57 AM
After installing Into the Future and upgrading to 1.6, I let the game sit at "not responding" at start up for about 10 minutes.

Then I disabled your mod and the game loaded fine.

Maybe an update might be in order
Page 3 of 7