Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#426 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 5:56 AM
Nataliecy, what you could do using Grim's Core (It's what I did when my Monarch decided she wanted to live in the village) is kill the merchant off, make a new one and shift-click her and select "Set hero level" to whatever she was at before. At that point you could remarry her to Andrew
Advertisement
Test Subject
#427 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 1:59 PM
Contessa, I'm sorry but I'm confused. How would that keep her (the new her) from going to the village as home?
Scholar
#428 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nataliecv
Contessa, I'm sorry but I'm confused. How would that keep her (the new her) from going to the village as home?

They shouldn't have gone to the village as their home at all. Something in your kingdom must have glitched.
The option to select a home only shows if 2 hero sims get married, and again, if sims with kids divorce, to ask where the kids will live, (even if it's to send them to the village with an NPC parent.)
NPC's should always be moved into your hero sim's house.
Test Subject
#429 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 4:49 PM
oh. Well, that's what I get for replying to one thread before reading another.

The female merchant wasn't the active quest Hero. I shift-clicked on her to play with her while my physician (quest Sim) was making potions. I married her to Trader Andrew then went back to the physician. When I checked in with her and Andrew they both had the the "go home" icon and were headed into the village. I "caught" them, sent them back to her house, slept, woo-hooed and made food there. Went back to the physician and then they were both "gone" to the village when I checked back in.

So I guess I'll leave them alone right now and play her later in a quest and see if I can fix it by that.
Scholar
#430 Old 18th Jul 2012 at 9:21 PM
oh. Well, that's what I get for replying to one thread before reading another.

me too, just replied to your other one first

The female merchant wasn't the active quest Hero. I shift-clicked on her to play with her while my physician (quest Sim) was making potions. I married her to Trader Andrew then went back to the physician. When I checked in with her and Andrew they both had the the "go home" icon and were headed into the village. I "caught" them, sent them back to her house, slept, woo-hooed and made food there. Went back to the physician and then they were both "gone" to the village when I checked back in.

So I guess I'll leave them alone right now and play her later in a quest and see if I can fix it by that.

I'd try it again, and see if it was that or not.
Field Researcher
#431 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 7:35 PM
Default Someone mod this please!
Someone mod this please!
I am so frustrated by not being able to have the royal children take on the kingdom's professions... sure I can assign a profession to them and grow them up, but what is the use because they will not use the home base provided for that profession and although I can sometimes do a quest with them in that profession, some things can not be used or done. For instance, a royal heir who has become an adult merchant can not use the marked at all, can not even stock the market stalls.. this is just goofy. Since we were given a game in a sad state of partial development, and since we have all this mod talent around here, can someone not mod this please? There has to be some sort of a tag the game gives to the sim you build in cas when you place a building that assigns them to it.. since there has to be some such of a tag there also must be some way to assign that tag to a sim of the correct profession... am I wrong? It seems like this game has been abandoned by EA and it is now up to those of us who try and play it to make a real game out of it.. will anyone provide this much needed feature? I am almost ready to abandon this game as its creators have done.. it is way way too frustrating as it is.
Test Subject
#432 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 2:25 AM
Actually, in a similar vein it might be cool to have some sort of 'next gen' kingdom option- you get to start a game with the old kingdom, but it kills off the old adults and ages up all the kids, and you can pick, say, one of the blacksmith's kids to be the next (lv 1) blacksmith. That way you do get to play through the kingdom's generations, with different rulers having different ambitions for their kingdom. I have no idea how to go about making it happen, though. But it seems like if it could be done it would fix one of the big gripes, that it doesn't have the kind of aging or generational progression sims3 has.

Edit: also, if anyone was wondering, so far I haven't been able to get a game to spot a file outside of a package, but I did find out that the reason S3PE was being problematic wasn't because I fail at mono and wine forever but because .net4 doesn't play well with others, so I got an older version to work and am making good progress on the skins. The purple one is done for the female sim, but not the lads just yet.
Lab Assistant
#433 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 5:47 AM
I would love new clothing and more customization options for kids.
But for people asking for options to change kid's clothes: You can change you character's child's clothes by selecting a dresser and planning an outfit for them. I'm pretty sure you can do the same with hair when selecting a mirror, but I haven't played in awhile, so I'm not sure about that

I would also love different versions of Hero Character areas. I'm not sure if it's possible, but who knows? Mayhaps one day!
Test Subject
#434 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 5:22 AM
Back when I played it on my old laptop I was able to change everyone's clothing and hair just by selecting a dresser and going "Plan outfit for other Sim" and it'd pop up a menu of everyone in the lot I was in. o-o Was my game something special or something? >.>

<3 The generations idea should really be created! I'd love that mod to death, haha.

SmexySims2;; Expound upon the different versions of Hero Character areas? o:
Test Subject
#435 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 11:18 AM
A mod that allows full use of the castle. All rooms can be decorated. with a 360 degree rotation of the structure. Castle additions also allowed to be made.

Angels and ministers of the faith defend us from the idiots of the earth.
Test Subject
#436 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 3:01 PM
Know its prob been a while scince anyone posted here, but...... Would love to see some new mods for pets, such as have an actuall horse to ride for a quest or three. A pack of hounds for the castle. A companion for my healer as they collect herbs, maybe even help in the collection process. Could use some of the areas around the kingdom to build a "stables". Could even add a new hero "StableMaster/Mistress". Sort of a Mounted knight type (Cavalier??)
Would like to be able to add rooms to my house/castle.(really-really-really- want a basement/dungeon for the castle.) Could use some new buildings to interact with. (still don't know why i can't get into the "Mill", or "LightHouse", just for kicks??!!) (Or enter into the houses along the walls. Dosen't seem as if anyone uses them at all.)
Would love to be able to travle to the other Kingdoms I have taken over, and build a "GuardTower" there, alowing me to do some new quests in another venue. Maybe allow me to "post" a hero or 2 there, and create new ones back home to take their place??? Deffinatly come up with a few new "WARS", these guys are all talk, no fight. Maybe have to hire some Guards to keep the other kingdoms in line, through pollitics, or just straight out brute strength. These new guards could be part of the "New Quests", to hold kingdoms, or to deffend them??? (Like to see a bigger map????)
Would like companion Sims. A sim linked to your hero, capable of performing some of the more tedious tasks. also capable of going on the patrol/raid/adventures with you, to help increase the odds of success. Maybe just enough to have somone walking around with you, like the new companion "Big,Bad,Dog i just got from the first mod i mentioned??? Be sort of really Kool to see the monarch walking around with a guard and a pet. Or the knight actually have a squire that carries items for them, or just leads a couple of horses around, so you don't have to run off to the stables every 10 minutes. (What happened to watching a joust???) Someone mentioned allowing your kids to grow, and take over a "Hero Profession". That would be really Kool, if I could send "Jr." off to fight in foreign lands, or to deffend a conquered kingdom. Need more areas to explore and quest in, maybe even limited builds.
Would really like to make some enemies, that will confront my heros, and challenge to duels, just to have some random excitement with the fighting skills. (Wizard duels, would be awsome) Maybe make the village an accessable area, where a hero could get into some real trouble with a rival/nemisis. If we are going to add the "Action Tag", lets have some folks wondering around with a grudge or 2 to settle with our heros. Just jumping the first poor unsuspecting sim,(cause I'm Bloodthirsty) really isn't fullfilling. Now if they were to confront me, and I was to gain an item, or learn a new attack move, (becuase this is a rival/nemisis grudge), now I have an actuall reason for getting into this fight with "Dan the man, King hater". Really kool, if I were to go on an adventure/raid, and end up in a small little quest area, where i would have to confront an enemy or three, to achieve a victory for my hero, and their crew. Just a small little instance map, like a beach with a few pirate huts, and some pirate guards. Don't need the "Bigger,Better,Badder" equipment, just alittle something for my shelf over the mantel, back home. Got a lot more ideas, but those are the main things I wonder about.
Test Subject
#437 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 5:21 PM
Some mods are in my mind ...

A Total-conversion mod. So why don't reign a kingdom in middleage Japan? or China? Or in the holy land as crusader? or as ... New professions, new buildings and new Sims ?!

A FPV-Mod. A what? A First-person-view Mod! So the Sims can really walk through the kingdom and we can see through the eyes of the Sims! Would be nice, wouldn't it?

The further development of Sims Medieval seems to be stopped by EA, but thats good news, because I hate the "normal" Sims because of the millions of unuseful AddOns! So here the community comes along!
Scholar
#438 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 12:56 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 13th Aug 2012 at 1:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by TrueMrreset
Some mods are in my mind ...

A Total-conversion mod. So why don't reign a kingdom in middleage Japan? or China? Or in the holy land as crusader? or as ... New professions, new buildings and new Sims ?!

A FPV-Mod. A what? A First-person-view Mod! So the Sims can really walk through the kingdom and we can see through the eyes of the Sims! Would be nice, wouldn't it?

The further development of Sims Medieval seems to be stopped by EA, but thats good news, because I hate the "normal" Sims because of the millions of unuseful AddOns! So here the community comes along!

You can zoom right through a sim with Shimrod's camera. I've taken screen caps of sims-eye view, by lining it up with where the sims eyes are. Not exactly what you're looking for I know since you often have to turn the camera yourself to keep it focused on where they're looking. FPV always gives me motion sickness after 5 or 10 minutes lol

I don't think it is good news. The new code in EP's are what most modders work with to alter or change.
I'd love someone who knows what they're doing to make an EP and sell it independently through Amazon or something. I'd buy that even if it was just a digital download and marked up to £50 a copy or whatever....I'd wager the customer service for that game would be so much better as well lol. I'd guess that's not allowed by EA though :*(
Scholar
#439 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 1:01 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 28th Aug 2012 at 12:08 PM.
Is there a way to make the 'hold court' option on the throne actually function outside of the throne room?
I have a throne in my reception hall, and in my last kingdom I put a throne in the knight's yard and decorated accordingly so it didn't look weird. It looked great, but sadly the throne is useless apart from just sitting on.
The function to hold court I'm guessing is directly attached to the main part of the castle, since the throne won't work like it should anywhere else?

*Edit* I've made a working version for the reception hall
Test Subject
#440 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 8:19 PM Last edited by Gallifreyan Witch : 15th Aug 2012 at 8:39 PM.
I've got a long list of things I really wish there were in the sims medieval - but sadly I expect many of them are the sort of things expansions would cover, rather than mods.
I wish, however, that there were mods to
--- help make dynasty making easier (I'm already using mods that help, but it still isn't like play the Sims 3 in a medieval setting). You know - easier age up, taking on of professions (whether there's a sim of that profession already or not), even the ability to age to elder would be great but probably more of an expansion thing. It would be nice also to be able to have family trees made up while in the hero maker (so when making a medieval king you don't have to make, forge relations, then kill a sim to have them in the family tree without having them hang around - annoying if you have a monarch and have to create a lot more monarch from their family tree) and in an ideal world I'd love there to be a heraldry system thatcould influence default coloring's for items etc... but both these things are probably impossible [goes back to dreaming of a virtual virtual world...]
--- The ability to have more heros in each building (of a variety of professions) - I'm currently using Grimms Core which helps but I wish I could make more heros and assign them to the buildings in the same way as you can make and assign a hero to each building normally, without having to mess around with changing the sims profession and adding to household which can be quite difficult. personally I think the ability to have multiple heros (of the same or mixed type) per building should have been built in to the game - In the past you had a King and a Queen and possibly even pretenders, and it's currently taking forever using mods to make all the knights of the round table :/ since by default you could only have one knight of the round table
--- To prevent the failed quest if a hero dies (I find it sooo annoying if your playing the free time quest and you still can fail it if your hero dies - it makes story telling harder);
--- A larger variety of materials/imports in the village shop - I'm not that into the constant trading or luck to get special materials yet want to be able to make items which require such items

If anybody could make mods to do some of these things that would be great

But really I wish there was a medieval expansion for the sims 3 - it would sort a number of problems. Perhaps one day some one will be able to copy over all of the objects, clothing, animations and features and make a sort-of expansion
Test Subject
#441 Old 28th Aug 2012 at 9:37 AM
I would like to see a mod where witches/wizard could duel with each other like in the harry potter movie
Field Researcher
#442 Old 13th Jan 2013 at 9:43 PM
Default would like to have mod to enter building
I would like to have a mod to enter a new building, if one exists I would be obliged if someone would point me in its direction, otherwise if someone knows how to do this mod but has not the time then I would like you to instruct me how to do it,

I have attached a screenshot of a particular building I have in mind. I can click "look at" on this building but it will not open. Since that option is there it would seem that only certain files would be lacking and probably a layout of the building which could be copied from the original. Anyone know about this?
Screenshots
Scholar
#443 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 4:34 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 14th Jan 2013 at 4:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Silverprinz
I would like to have a mod to enter a new building, if one exists I would be obliged if someone would point me in its direction, otherwise if someone knows how to do this mod but has not the time then I would like you to instruct me how to do it,

I have attached a screenshot of a particular building I have in mind. I can click "look at" on this building but it will not open. Since that option is there it would seem that only certain files would be lacking and probably a layout of the building which could be copied from the original. Anyone know about this?

That would be awesome but I don't know who would be qualified to make that happen, I haven't looked into it, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say certainly not me.
I'm also fairly sure, well a little sure =) that functioning buildings are referenced somewhere in the CAW file, so you may not get it to place itself without being able to alter the world file, but I don't really know.
Aside from this, building references are plentiful throughout the readable files, I think it would be a large undertaking to get a functioning building with every xml etc it would have to be added in to, but again I don't know if there'd be some other way to do it.
I also think it would need something else to make it work properly, something like only Grim could do. I don't think just altering xmls will do it, and unfortunately Grim doesn't seem to be around these days to pose this type of question to.
I'd be entirely ecstatic to be proved wrong on all counts though =D
Field Researcher
#444 Old 14th Jan 2013 at 7:24 PM Last edited by Silverprinz : 14th Jan 2013 at 7:32 PM. Reason: typo, added thoughts
All I know is that it seems possible, time consuming probably: frustrating at times, certainly; but doable it seems to me. I am in this for the long haul, and if it took a year in development I woud be there every step of the way, playtesting, and doing whatever I can including grunt work on the files if someone can guide me.

It probably would be a big job, big jobs are better done by a team, and I suggest we form one which I wish to be a part of but can not lead because I lack the expertise. If we could do this, it would open up whole new possibilities. i can even envision this leading to a working Harness Shop where the Monarch has a magnificent steed and carriage at his/her disposal, and wouldn't that be cool.
Field Researcher
#445 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 6:52 AM
How easy would it be to retexture the babies? Cause...

just why

Also on another note, would it be possible to make the "where to live" marriage dialogue pop up in all cases? Marriage to villagers/diplomats THOSE DAMN ELVES ect. It would probably correct a lot of marriage issues. Or at least the ones where they don't actually live with you.
Scholar
#446 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 7:14 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 18th Jan 2013 at 7:25 AM.
LOL I was thinking I might try to change the baby's face when the last one was born, even just the lips and eyebrows toned down would be a huge improvement.
You can find the texture file in full build 2, it's called bubody I think.
I'll certainly download an edit of them if you upload one.

As for the 'where to live' dialogue, I'm not sure at the moment.
I don't think I've come across anything that would let you do that, doesn't mean it doesn't exist though.
Field Researcher
#447 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 7:17 AM
I.. have no idea what "full build" is. :C But good to hear Chickie is on the case!
Scholar
#448 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 7:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by falcophoenix
I.. have no idea what "full build" is. :C But good to hear Chickie is on the case!

lol =P I'm not on the case, I just idly thought the last time I tried to screen cap one of the babies how nice it would be if I could wipe the lipstick off them and pluck their eyebrows.
I might take a shot over the weekend but editing the texture files for faces isn't something I've ever done before, so I'm not promising anything, not even promising I'll get round to looking at it.

On the other hand I could upload the image file for you. Do you have a paint prog that will support dds?
Field Researcher
#449 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 7:37 AM
Well I'm pretty sure the babies are more like an animated object than an actual Sim. XD Even though they already have personalities and a relationship icon.. hm.

I only have SAI and I don't think that supports dds. : <

(I'm really not much help at all OTL)
Scholar
#450 Old 18th Jan 2013 at 10:25 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 18th Jan 2013 at 11:45 AM.
It might not be bubody after all, I can't get the image to update in game.

*edit* found where it's hiding. bubody is in there from TS3.

*edit2* While looking through some marriage options, I found the list of items used for the random gift selection.
Page 18 of 23