Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 8:36 PM
Default Foul moods from strange circumstances
Today was shot to hell before swallowing the frog that makes it all better. I bet you had days that were ruined when you were on a lucky streak.

I got the grocery shopping done, did rearranging of my bed and when I try to play the Wii U I got for New Year's Day, it didn't power on. Turned out our cat Gemini with a wire-chewing problem partially severed the main wires to the power supply. The little stinker is sitting next to me as I type.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 9:12 PM
Little Stinker is lucky to be alive! I guess that proves they have 9-lives.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 9:29 PM
If you've got a cat with wire-chewing issues, you'll probably want to secure wires better. Maybe putting a big plastic tube over them, or in some other way make them difficult to chew on. Cats don't understand the importance of playing Wii. Probably thought it was a mouse tail, and is now wondering why you're letting a bunch of mouse tails with no mice attached laying about
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 9:38 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 11th Apr 2015 at 12:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Little Stinker is lucky to be alive! I guess that proves they have 9-lives.

Aside from her chewing, she sings, models and cuddles with whomever she corners. I don't have the heart to off her, even if it was to put her out of her misery.

Aside from that, she's a cuddling kind of cat.

I have a rather large tangle of wires and I have yet to calculate how much Gemini-proofing I need to do.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Apr 2015 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If you've got a cat with wire-chewing issues, you'll probably want to secure wires better. Maybe putting a big plastic tube over them, or in some other way make them difficult to chew on. Cats don't understand the importance of playing Wii. Probably thought it was a mouse tail, and is now wondering why you're letting a bunch of mouse tails with no mice attached laying about

Actually, you never met my cats. We have rather tech-savvy cats beyond the usual "chase after the red laser dot". They were raised by the son and granddaughter of a pioneering fiber optic cable refinement technician.

However, when we first adopted Gemini a couple years ago, she was quite a biter. She still is...