Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2015 at 10:48 PM
Default Outside the Sims amd video games, what are your hobbies?
Well, I know that you are simmers and gamers at the core, but do you have a hobby outside The Sims and if so, what is it?

I happen to work on the 1:6 scale, building sets, dressing sets and manipulating my dolls for my movie I want to submit to a company that sees potential in Chuckimation, an animation art form 20 years old.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 25th Sep 2015 at 11:01 PM
Reading I guess? I know that as a kid I didn't really like it, it was efforty and all, by the time I was 10 I was reading a book a day or something. Strangely I'm slower at reading than I used to be.
Do listening to music for hours and coming up with stuff for my unwritten story count as hobbies? For my story I have everything about the characters, the locations, events that happen. I've just never written them down. Kind of like Space Monkey stories in American Ultra (good movie people, might be a bit gory for some). Maybe I haven't been alive for long enough to have found any actual hobbies yet. We'll see what'll happen

The scaled models sound pretty cool, like details and stuff. Kind of reminds me of much I loved going to Madurodam as a kid https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madurodam
Inventor
#3 Old 25th Sep 2015 at 11:52 PM
Do obsessions count?

'You're a pretty pair of babies, playing with your live doll' Mrs Higgins, My fair Lady
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 12:30 AM Last edited by HarVee : 26th Sep 2015 at 12:57 AM.
For me poetry would be one of mine. I also enjoy studying religion and also anything to do with the workings of the human mind as well and can be often found reading various study materials on these matters and also reciting poetry privately ...as I don't have any audience unfortunately.

When I was younger I used to enjoy coin collecting, but as I grew older I ended up losing interest in it.
Quote: Originally posted by stitch_too
Do obsessions count?

A hobby is an activity done in ones own leisure time for enjoyment. So considering the fact that obsessions are not an activity, than by definition no they do not.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
#5 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 1:29 AM
Reading, drawing, and playing the guitar.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Scholar
#6 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 8:27 AM
Reading, drawing, writing, voice-acting, singing and playing soccer.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 1:27 PM
Reading, RC Cars, Model Trains, fixing my PC's..., there might be some other things

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stitch_too
Do obsessions count?

Do you collect paraphernalia related to the obsession? Do you cosplay?

If so, then yes.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Theorist
#9 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 2:27 PM
Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 4:53 PM
Writing stories, nature photography, reading.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 7:13 PM
Reading and knitting.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 7:48 PM
Besides video games, I don't really do much... one of my hobbies is 'psychology', but seeing as I'm doing that as a degree, it's not really a hobby anymore.
Although I do enjoy reading, photography, writing and knitting, I don't know if I'd really call them hobbies, seeing as I read about once a week at most and the others less. I guess you could say fitness has become a bit of a hobby of mine, seeing as I'm trying to lose weight and it's something I spend my leisure time doing - but seeing as I don't really manage to go outside much, a lot of my fitness time is jogging using Wii fit - which is a video game.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Test Subject
#13 Old 26th Sep 2015 at 10:42 PM
My favourite hobby would definitely be reading. A day doesn't go by with out me reading at least a chapter. Other hobbies come an go. Occasionally i get really into World of Warcraft for months at a time. I like do mini projects, making cute aprons, miniature top hats. My most recent hobby is to veg out on old movies and cross stitch my favourite cartoon characters.
Theorist
#15 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 1:19 AM
Evil. Lots and lots of evil.
#16 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 1:46 AM
In the winter I read a lot, I could lose myself in a book for hours - I enjoy the classics so I do a huge Dickens re-read once a year. In the summer I like being in the garden growing my veggies and salad and I grow plants to attract Monarch butterflies, and love watching the caterpillars go from yellow and black squidgy 'pillars into jade green cocoons and then to butterflies - the sight of a newly born butterfly never gets old - it's a miracle of Mother Nature. I was horrified to learn last year that hedgehogs will munch butterfly cocoons if given the chance ... So I'll have to hedgehog proof my plants this year. I also horsehide when I can, I'm a bit of a speed freak on a horse and miss gallops when I don't get them. I used to feed my speed habit with my motorbike in Ireland .. But I had to sell it when I moved to NZ suffice to say, the horse is probably safer than the bike ..

@ScaryRob

Scholar
#17 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 4:29 AM
You know I tried OUTSIDE, but I felt like the difficulty wasn't fairly balanced at all. Players starting stats being randomised does make gameplay more interesting, but that's not much comfort to the players who get landed with a particularly tricky set of traits. And the game really doesn't provide many opportunities for those players to get caught up. The whole thing is a bit rigged really, if you ask me.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Scholar
#18 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 3:52 PM
The bassoon - DUH! Well, actually, when I joined here with this username I was still around one year out from actually playing the instrument, so you never know. =P

The oboe, too... And other wind instruments because I love them all!

Otherwise do I really have anything that could be called a hobby? I watch a lot of cartoons and anime, listen to music, and browse the internet a lot. So, really, playing instruments is all I've got. lol

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Alchemist
#19 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 4:45 PM
RuPaul's Drag Race. Gentlemen, start your engines - and may the best woman win!
#20 Old 27th Sep 2015 at 5:25 PM
I waste a mountain of time on Sims 3 and message boards like this one.

My new years resolution is to finish my life time wish before I kick the bucket.

Actually, the plan was to work professionally at a place that paid for my graduate education. It was a well thought out plan, but being as young as I was, I was thinking with something other than my brain. I figure I have about 15 years of good brain function left.

How come there are no death flowers or young again potions? Even life fruits in this "The Reals" game don't work right.
Instructor
#21 Old 28th Sep 2015 at 6:41 PM
I love hiking and just taking long walks in nature, whether it's wilderness or man-made parks. I'm a walker, I guess, I never drive unless it's reeeeeally far... But at the same time I also love driving, probably because I drive very little and it's always for fun things, never commuting to work etc.

I love cooking, except my current kitchen is a 1m x 2m hole with barely any room to move, let alone cook sophisticated things. Whenever I go to Ikea my heart cries because I see so much kitchenware that I can't buy. Not because I can't afford it, but because I don't have any room left to store it.
I can't have a wok, a large casserole, and kitchen utensils. The medium-sized frying pan I was so excited to buy ended up being too big for my doll-house cabinets and now the cabinet door doesn't close completely. It's tragic.

I love reading, but I love collecting books even more. I think having many books and bookshelves is the most romantic thing ever.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
#22 Old 28th Sep 2015 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gabrymato
The medium-sized frying pan I was so excited to buy ended up being too big for my doll-house cabinets and now the cabinet door doesn't close completely. It's tragic.

yeah, what's up with that? I got stuff that won't fit in the cabinets either. Huh. People who design kitchen cabinets need to talk to the people who design kitchenware.

Quote: Originally posted by Gabrymato
I love reading, but I love collecting books even more. I think having many books and bookshelves is the most romantic thing ever.

Books once were beautiful and hard bound,. Now they're paperbacks and kinda gaudy to get your eye in the bookstore, so my bookshelves look like heck. Need doors. ]
Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Sep 2015 at 1:39 AM
Rubik's Cubes. I can solve a 2x2 through 6x6. I like solving them at school, because I always get a crowd of people standing over me, watching. I like to sing too. I sang for my school talent show, but didn't crack the top 3. I'll sing Green Day in my room until get sick of it.

That's pretty much all. Wow, I seem like a lonely person. I should probably get a girlfriend huh?
Mad Poster
#24 Old 29th Sep 2015 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EHAshe
Rubik's Cubes. I can solve a 2x2 through 6x6. I like solving them at school, because I always get a crowd of people standing over me, watching. I like to sing too. I sang for my school talent show, but didn't crack the top 3. I'll sing Green Day in my room until get sick of it.

That's pretty much all. Wow, I seem like a lonely person. I should probably get a girlfriend huh?

Who needs a girlfriend when you have cubes? Cubes that turn and are tedious to solve.

...On second thought it seems like you already have one then.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Theorist
#25 Old 29th Sep 2015 at 5:06 AM
Annoying you here. But it's actually quite boring knowing nobody to share hobbies with and when you're horrible in "creating" these people.

Page 1 of 2