Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 9th Jul 2011 at 1:44 PM
RabbitRoadkill: thanks you for your nice comment

I'm giving a total makeover to Twinbrook now, and here is a new library I built for this town (on the place where museum used to be)

exterior

hall:

interior shots:

I'm sorry sorry sorry, I've exceeded the 4 shot limit, but... just couldn't do it the other way
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#52 Old 26th Jul 2011 at 10:45 PM
shante090, I LOVE your indian lounge, the ambiance is amazing!
SommarBlomma, your boutique looks really cool, love the way you posed the mannequins.

Ryan's Photography Studio

To reach the unreachable star.

Wilde Legacy

Test Subject
#53 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 4:45 PM
I do apologize for going off-topic here, but how did you guys build your own shops? Because I take it you are running them as one did in "Open For Business". Is there a tutorial, or even a post where this is explained?
Thank you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 27th Jul 2011 at 7:20 PM
86caprice, there's a few random tips throughout this thread, but so far, we can't really play businesses like we did with OFB. (Miko09 explains it in more detail here). I use a combination of WA registers and rabbitholes in my businesses. For the photography studio above, I'm testing ani_'s Shop from inventory mod (here) to have Ryan sell the photos he takes. I also have a post in my blog showing how I set up the restaurant below (here).

(Note: I'm moving this post from the Random Pics thread, I posted it there originally so as not to double post, but I think it belongs here.)

The Oakley's Italian Restaurant and Pizzeria

Wilde Legacy

Forum Resident
#55 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 12:17 AM
SommarBlomma: I love your exquisite library, especially the entrance hall!
II: That Photography shop is so ingenious! I would have never thought of that!

To tell you the truth, I would love to see a full fleshed-out tutorial on how to run a successful business. It would be useful to those who have wanted to start a business but were afraid of the somewhat tedious process or for those who just want to better their businesses in their own games. Subjects to use would be what type zoning to use for your business, what mods to utilize for the best results, etc. There's good bits of information spread across the internet, but I think it would be better to get all that in one place.
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 31st Jul 2011 at 4:41 AM
These are all giving me such great ideas! I've just gotten a blank Riverview, I'll try to "work my magic" because I'm SUCH an expert builder...

Is it possible to have a daycare of a different one than the sim lives on?
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 5:10 AM
Hey guys, I'm making a school for my emptied verson of Riverview. It was just something I wanted to do so I could kind of get better at building, decorating, ect. I need and opinion on what windows I should use?
Screenshots
Instructor
#58 Old 2nd Aug 2011 at 7:09 AM
My neighborhood's downtown elite jazz club

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#59 Old 6th Aug 2011 at 1:22 AM

Sullivan Hotel Spa

Wilde Legacy

Instructor
#60 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 10:08 AM
Local Coffee Shop

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#61 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 11:13 AM

Sullivan Hotel Indoor Pool

Sullivan Hotel Sauna

Wilde Legacy

Field Researcher
#62 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 6:43 PM
Here's something I made for a new world I built to replace my old "Shore County" world, which I was not satisfied with.

It's essentially an old train depot that was converted into a museum/park with a picnic area and playground.

It was sort of inspired by a little railroad museum I came across when visiting a small town near where I live.
Forum Resident
#63 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 5:37 AM Last edited by Miko09 : 10th Aug 2011 at 5:57 AM.
dlisted: Your Coffee Shop is so fancy! I feel like I would need a reservation in advance just to get a nice cup of joe lol
ll: Your swimming pool is divine! How did u create that steam room?
panther00567: There's a train park not too far from where I live and that's pretty much what it looks like. Nice job!

Here is the arcade I just finished. It's located above a restaurant/bookstore. Gamers enter through the back, lit by a neon sign.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#64 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 11:38 AM Last edited by ll : 11th Aug 2011 at 9:01 PM.
Miko09, I used the Late Night's effects machine and set it to fog. In the pic, it's hidden by the sauna heater in the middle of the room. Buzzler was kind enough to add the effects machine to his vanishing scripts mod, so now I don't have to hide it, I can just make it invisible. (Edit: Just tested this and making the machine invisible also makes the effects invisible. )

Sullivan Hotel Lobby

Wilde Legacy

Forum Resident
#65 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 7:49 PM
A local dive bar... I think I named it 'Traffic Llama'... or Llama something, I don't remember atm.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 12th Sep 2011 at 4:14 AM
@ ll:
where did you get the photography studio decorations and backdrop?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#67 Old 15th Sep 2011 at 9:29 PM
ashmo, I'm not sure which objects you want exactly, but here are a few:
Backdrop, lamp, photos on walls, tripod at TSR. If there's something else you want, let me know.

Sullivan Hotel Cosmetics Shop

I think I'll have to change this shop colors, it looks kind of gloomy.

Wilde Legacy

Test Subject
#68 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 1:23 AM

A school I am working on.
Test Subject
#69 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 4:51 PM
I rebuilt part of my downtown and moved a few things around... I'm not done with it yet so parts still look bare or unfinished.

The new consignment shop. This building used to be a gym, but built a new gym down in a different location and moved the consignment shop here. That shiny ball is the public room marker...

This is the area I renovated. The orange/brown 2-story building to the right of the spa is the consignment shop.

This building used to be at the opposite end of downtown but I rebuilt it here. It's a department store (just a facade). It's not done quite yet.

The same stretch of road. Between the bistro and the 5-story building there is a little pink-ish 2-story building. I'm debating weather to add a 3rd floor to it. Should it have 3 floors or 2?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#70 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 6:23 PM

Sullivan Hotel Boutique

Wilde Legacy

Test Subject
#71 Old 7th Nov 2011 at 9:30 PM
A school building I've been working on...

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#72 Old 13th Feb 2012 at 12:27 PM

Selena's Jewelry Store

More pics here.

Wilde Legacy

Forum Resident
#73 Old 14th Feb 2012 at 4:56 AM
I'm jealous with your jewelry store, now I must build one for my neighborhood.
Test Subject
#74 Old 10th Apr 2012 at 10:10 AM
I made over the Sunset Valley Library to be more modern.

The Study area and some bookcases

This is the kids area

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Sometimes I imagine six impossible things before breakfast...
Test Subject
#75 Old 5th May 2012 at 6:27 AM
Here is a commercial building I just recently completed.

Its name right now is the Finlay Building...
Page 3 of 4