Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Book of Talent *UPDATED 02/09/2009*

by treeag Posted 17th Jul 2008 at 3:35 PM - Updated 24th Mar 2009 at 2:42 PM by treeag

292 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 237 Feedback Posts, 54 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 12
Test Subject
#76 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 12:48 AM
I downloaded this one once before.. and the pets one doesn't work.. I just thought i should let you know..
Theorist
Original Poster
#77 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 2:19 AM
If you look at the previous comment, I've found out that you need the cheat "boolprop controlpets on" for pets to work. I've added the information to the main post now so people will notice
Test Subject
#78 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 6:52 AM
I'm unable to locate this item in the buy catalog. Any suggestions?
Test Subject
#79 Old 20th Aug 2008 at 5:31 PM
Thanks this is just what I wanted, Only thing is it keeps disappearing after a few uses and I have to buy another for my sims. Does anyone else have this problem? Can it be sorted. I will still use it though as it takes for ever to acheive some of these skills.
It's great.
Test Subject
#80 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 1:00 PM
I love this download, I only wish it showed up on my "Bon Voyage" learned traits list. Keep up the great work, and Thanks again!!
Test Subject
#81 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Catty 34
Thanks this is just what I wanted, Only thing is it keeps disappearing after a few uses and I have to buy another for my sims. Does anyone else have this problem? Can it be sorted. I will still use it though as it takes for ever to acheive some of these skills.
It's great.

I have the same problem, but I'm sure ( after reading the other posts) that the maid is putting it away on me.
Test Subject
#82 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 11:07 PM
Thanks for all your hard work. I just love this book, it saves so much time trying to achive the skills. My sims can now concentrate on having fun.
Test Subject
#83 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 4:58 AM
Hi. I've downloaded the book and it appears in my game, but whenever I try to get a sim to read it; they shrug and walk away. Is there a certain place I'm meant to put it?
Test Subject
#84 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 10:50 AM
I love this item, but it doesn't seem to reward my sims when they wish to max out a skill... The skill maxes, but the want isn't rewarded.
Maybe its something else though, lol.
Thanks for making my game play more fun.
Test Subject
#85 Old 2nd Sep 2008 at 9:20 PM
I'm having the same trouble as Munkiboi was on page 3, his post was:

"im having problems with this i think, when i click on it and choose an action, my sim approaches, but then the icon in the top-left disappears and nothing happens... any ideas? i have all the expansions except the newest one i think... any help would be appreciated, thanks! "

Any ideas what to do? ty :D
Theorist
Original Poster
#86 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 3:03 AM Last edited by treeag : 3rd Sep 2008 at 3:11 AM.
Please please people, read the first post. I don't mean to be rude but I'm tired of answering the same questions over and over again. It's been asked for like 93845738 times... I've wrote it in the main post from the beginning, yet this is the third time I have to answer it here in the comments : That's exactly how it works.

If you bother to read the main post or the comments or even if you've checked if it had worked in game you wouldn't even have to ask. I solicit you to read carefully "The sim will NOT read the book"

Your sim should've learned the intended skill, just check it, ok? Sorry, I'm tired. .
Test Subject
#87 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 10:58 AM
Sorry, maybe I didn't make it clear what was happening....when i click for my sim to learn something, my sim doesn't do anything. For example, I try and make him learn a cooking skill, but rather than him standing by the book, the icon totally disappears instantly. So it seems like maybe I haven't installed it correctly. It is in my downloads folder, and all the appropriate menu's come up when I click the book. All the other custom content I have installed is working fine, and as far as i know i didn't do anything different. And this is for a human sim, not a pet

Thanks
Theorist
Original Poster
#88 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 1:31 PM
Have you check if the skill had been max'd? Or it simply doesn't work? It is supposed to disappear instantly
Test Subject
#89 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 1:40 PM
The example I used wasn't what I'd chose, I'd tried to learn a badge, but couldn't remember which one so i just put cooking as an example...I'll try it again tonight I think, my laptop is a bit glitchy at the mo
Theorist
Original Poster
#90 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 2:32 PM
Yeah ok, don't worry Feel free to tell me if it doesn't work. I'll take a look at it.
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 5:12 PM
Thanks I used the book ant it worked fine

I wanted to know if you can update this mod so you can just add a few bars to skills instead of it being max.

for example add +1 to mech
- 1 to mech
add +1 to charisma

Also can someone im me and direct me to the imsimenator?
Test Subject
#92 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 3:45 AM
Thank you!! This is GREAT!!

I won't be able to use it on legacy sims, of course, but any non-legacy sims
that are college bound will really benefit from this. (And I have quite a few of them!)
Now they can all party until dawn! Alright! It will also save money on objects usually needed for skill building.
Test Subject
#93 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 5:32 AM
I've been using this for a while and it's great, thanks.

I've taken it out since installing AL. Just wondering if it's compatible with AL or if it needs an update.
Thanks.
Theorist
Original Poster
#94 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 9:06 AM
Yes it's compatible with AL
Test Subject
#95 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 6:18 PM
Hey, treeag. Killer work on this... When you press the spell book at the top it says something among the lines of "Magic level." Could you add that in, as far as I know it's not there.
Test Subject
#96 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by treeag
Yes it's compatible with AL

Great!
Thanks for the quick response. :D
Theorist
Original Poster
#97 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 4:48 PM
Updated today. As requested, vacation mementos now get unlocked with the skill. Also added study parenting from FT, magic skill and various skills from AL. Actually the code's been updated since last week, but haven't had the chance to clean it up until today.

Also, maids should no longer put away the book, or at least they didn't when I tested it. Let me know if you get a problem.
Test Subject
#98 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 4:47 AM
I luffles you for making this item.
Test Subject
#99 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 4:11 AM
OMG thank you so much it is just what i needed. you are a genius. thanks so much.
Test Subject
#100 Old 15th Sep 2008 at 3:46 PM
You a great moder!
Page 4 of 12