Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

sHoNi's Vampire Overhaul - [Island Paradise Update! Please redownload! New functionalities added!]

by shoni89P Posted 21st Nov 2010 at 2:53 AM - Updated 25th Jun 2013 at 1:30 PM by shoni89P : Update for 1.55 & Island Paradise EP + added new functionalities

578 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 386 Feedback Posts, 191 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 24
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#101 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kontekop
yeah this is what is the explanation they gave

too bad I was looking forward to using this mod

I will make a note for this, and as soon as I got time I will try making an appropriate compatible version.
Greetings =)

"If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make the change" [Michael Jackson]

VISIT MY DEVIANTART GALLERY FOR VIDEOGAME-BASED ARTWORKS!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#102 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 4:06 PM
I really looking foward to your core mod shoni! I would love to see the victims passing out after the vampire was biting them! And also I would love to see more pushing to the bite and drinking interactions. Maybe also remove the eat of plasma fruits so vampires actually need to hunt and bite sims to drink from them. and turning them if they want!

Greetings
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#103 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tanja1986
I really looking foward to your core mod shoni! I would love to see the victims passing out after the vampire was biting them! And also I would love to see more pushing to the bite and drinking interactions. Maybe also remove the eat of plasma fruits so vampires actually need to hunt and bite sims to drink from them. and turning them if they want!

Greetings

Hi Tanja =)
well, I succesfully created a CORE mod in which victims pass out right after being bitten, but then the "weakened" buff didn't show up (and so a vamp can feed on them anytime again) :S it'll require some time for a release, I am really new to core modding and I want to make things good, but most of all STABLE.
Greetings gleichfalls

"If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make the change" [Michael Jackson]

Instructor
THANKS POST
#104 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 4:33 PM
That is great! I am still sad that the vampire run seems to be just a animation and not actually a run setting where the speed can be setting up :-( So all run from every sim is just a animation? But why are some faster then others? But well I didnt find anything related to the run speed inside the core files. just the list for the different run styles for adult, elder, frankstein sims and so on. But no tuning for the speed of them

:-)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#105 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tanja1986
That is great! I am still sad that the vampire run seems to be just a animation and not actually a run setting where the speed can be setting up :-( So all run from every sim is just a animation? But why are some faster then others? But well I didnt find anything related to the run speed inside the core files. just the list for the different run styles for adult, elder, frankstein sims and so on. But no tuning for the speed of them

:-)

Yeah, unfortunately these are merely animations =( some sims are faster than others because up to lv.5 athletic they use "Run" walkstyle, but after lv.6 it changes to "FastRun".

Test Subject
#106 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 5:56 PM
i want mostly the immortality part, but i downloaded the full thing, and i can't get it to work

"A doctor can bury his mistakes but an architect can only advise his clients to plant vines."
- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)
Test Subject
#107 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 6:52 PM
My vampires have a full thirst bar and they continue to burn in sun. Did someone know how to correct that!?!
Test Subject
#108 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 9:34 PM Last edited by MidgetCarnies : 26th Nov 2010 at 10:08 PM.
Well I'm still having issues with the standard bite file making sims bite -everyone- on the neck, so perhaps I'm not completely understanding what this whole interaction does. If the target is same gender as my sim, then the bite should be on the wrist(when there's NO flirt interaction performed), but my sims -I've tried it on both a male and female- are still doing the neck bite on same gender sims. They are straight, and are NOT flirting whatsoever. They walk up to someone, have to (friendly)introduce themselves-I dont get the drink option without intro- then choose 'drink' and it always does the romantic neck interaction. Neither sim I tried this with has the seduction master aspiration reward, one of them is an anti-social loner-type and the other has flirty/party animal trait-but that doesn't mean she's gay and making moves on same gender sims, so I'm a bit confused. I really like the idea of being able to bite people at 0-ish relation(not sure why intro is still needed) but the rest of it still isn't working properly. If the interaction/animation weren't so romantic I would just use the always neckbite file, but alas...

Also, is the relationship scoring file for biting separate from the bite files or part of them? What I mean, is that are the bite files solely for animations, so if I remove it the 0 relationship modification is still there? Or if removed, the relatioship mod goes with it? I hope that makes sense...lol

Oh, and I also stood my sim outside till she got the too much sun moodlet, and it's still reading 3d -50 mood.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#109 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 11:02 PM
I love your mod! Is there any way you could include something to make it harder for vampire sims to get pregnant? Since they're immortal I'd like to have some form of population control... And maybe the chance of getting pregnant could increase if it's with a non-vampire?

Also, it would be cool if vampire pregnancies took a lot longer, since their lifespans are so long.

Again, thanks for the awesome mod!
Test Subject
#110 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sparrowings
I love your mod! Is there any way you could include something to make it harder for vampire sims to get pregnant? Since they're immortal I'd like to have some form of population control... And maybe the chance of getting pregnant could increase if it's with a non-vampire?

Also, it would be cool if vampire pregnancies took a lot longer, since their lifespans are so long.

Again, thanks for the awesome mod!

Yeah, my vamps were breeding like rabbits, several of them even having twins -_- One of them had 6 frikin kids and likely wasn't done yet. I have Twallan's mods so I use Master Controller to spay/neuter my vamps by turning pregnancy off on those individuals after they've had a few, lol. The vamp council got together and decided in order to preserve the human food supply there's now a 2 child limit I leave the first born kid a vamp then "humanize" the second with Twallan's Debug Enabler. That way, they have one child that grows up and dies, THEN and only then can they have another. It's a lot of micro-managing, but it's what I have to do to not get overrun with bloodsuckers :P
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#111 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 11:09 PM
What?! You posted separated features! YAY! I'm so happy, when I grabbed your previous mod I altered it to keep the V tattoo and the Z while sleeping, removed the immortality but couldn't change the thirst slower decay as it was beyond my noob skills. I was disappointed 'cause what's the use of being able to bite anyone if you're almost never thirsty? I will now be able to easily choose the features I want for my vamps without having to fiddle with S3PE

Thank you for this mod and the split update Shoni, this EP is truely the best EP yet for Sims3 and your mod bring much more fun and freedom for vampire sims! ^^
Instructor
#112 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 2:02 PM
Thank you for this great collection of mods! My only issue would be the "vampires don't like the sun" spam showing up multilple times quickly adding up to 10+ instances of that annoying message whenever my vampires walk the daylight. If there is a way, I would be really grateful if you could suppress that spammy EA thing alltogether.
Now all we need is a vampire death bite! Mwahaha! Thank you very much!!
Test Subject
#113 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MidgetCarnies
Yeah, my vamps were breeding like rabbits, several of them even having twins -_- One of them had 6 frikin kids and likely wasn't done yet. I have Twallan's mods so I use Master Controller to spay/neuter my vamps by turning pregnancy off on those individuals after they've had a few, lol. The vamp council got together and decided in order to preserve the human food supply there's now a 2 child limit I leave the first born kid a vamp then "humanize" the second with Twallan's Debug Enabler. That way, they have one child that grows up and dies, THEN and only then can they have another. It's a lot of micro-managing, but it's what I have to do to not get overrun with bloodsuckers :P

I'll have to try that. I'm sick of all these sims suddenly becoming vampires. Then I have to make new friends just to suck their blood. Geez!

I also wish that the game would give vampires something cool to do. I mean, the way the expansion talked them up I was expecting it to be something like a skill or a social system that you could 'level up' in a sense, or do vampire missions or something like in adventures to earn favor from other vampires/gain new skills. It could have been so much cooler! I was kind of dissapointed to find that being a vampire was just the same as being a regular sim, only now I can't go out in daylight or use recipes. Stupid EA!
Test Subject
#114 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shoni89P
Hi =)
PCexperts did this: he edited the mental powers tuning files making the "autonomous=false" to "true" but that's not sufficient in my opinion, and I'm going to tell you why. Just making an interaction "autonomous" without adding anything else it does NOT actually make it really autonomous: an interaction needs something to be triggered in order to take place ingame and PCexperts mod didn't add anything related to that matter. That is why he doesn't see so often NPC vampires use their mental powers (he writes that NPCs go totally random with interactions, that is not 100% true). My Overhaul does add some input to the mental powers ingame: NPC vampires use their powers more often than usual because they are pushed to use them whenever their social or fun need is mid-low. The only missing thing from my mod (as for now) that his mod has, is that he also made autonomous the "Hunt" interaction (just hunt, NOT an autonomous bite or increased biting ratio) but his mod lacks the trigger input as well. I could post right now an update for this "Hunt" interaction, triggered by a low-thirst bar input perhaps, but it would sound like I am saying that his mod is completely useless if you have mine, and I do not want to do that. Personally, I think that it is merely useless to make npc vamps go hunting and then not bite anyone :/ I hope you got the point on this =)

hi, just the bite one only by itself already conflicts.

I will make a note for this, and as soon as I got time I will try making an appropriate compatible version.
Greetings =)

you are awesome, that is very nice of you! thank you very much.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#115 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fowl
i want mostly the immortality part, but i downloaded the full thing, and i can't get it to work

Hi =)
I have pm-ed you, check your inbox.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#116 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 8:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dachri2010
My vampires have a full thirst bar and they continue to burn in sun. Did someone know how to correct that!?!

Hi =)
I presume you are not using the full version aren't you? If you use the split versions, you have to download the sHoNi's_Vampire_Overhaul_Thirst package because that is the one which includes that functionality. Pm me if you have more issues.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#117 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 8:39 AM

Hi =)
I am learnign CORE modding, and I will note this feature to be included in a potential future update, should I successfully manage to create a 100% stable core mod.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#118 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 8:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
What?! You posted separated features! YAY! I'm so happy, when I grabbed your previous mod I altered it to keep the V tattoo and the Z while sleeping, removed the immortality but couldn't change the thirst slower decay as it was beyond my noob skills. I was disappointed 'cause what's the use of being able to bite anyone if you're almost never thirsty? I will now be able to easily choose the features I want for my vamps without having to fiddle with S3PE

Thank you for this mod and the split update Shoni, this EP is truely the best EP yet for Sims3 and your mod bring much more fun and freedom for vampire sims! ^^

You are welcome ;-)

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#119 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rockerduck
Thank you for this great collection of mods! My only issue would be the "vampires don't like the sun" spam showing up multilple times quickly adding up to 10+ instances of that annoying message whenever my vampires walk the daylight. If there is a way, I would be really grateful if you could suppress that spammy EA thing alltogether.
Now all we need is a vampire death bite! Mwahaha! Thank you very much!!

Hi =)
that message is the only thing that would help your temporarely-non controlled vampires (like you have a family of many vamps, you may not know if another vamp goes out under the sun) from being harmed by sunlight. You read the message, switch to your "outdoor" vampires and make sure they're safe. I think this is a quite useful thing, you can always know if your sun-immunity has gone.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#120 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 8:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sparrowings
I'll have to try that. I'm sick of all these sims suddenly becoming vampires. Then I have to make new friends just to suck their blood. Geez!

I also wish that the game would give vampires something cool to do. I mean, the way the expansion talked them up I was expecting it to be something like a skill or a social system that you could 'level up' in a sense, or do vampire missions or something like in adventures to earn favor from other vampires/gain new skills. It could have been so much cooler! I was kind of dissapointed to find that being a vampire was just the same as being a regular sim, only now I can't go out in daylight or use recipes. Stupid EA!

Hi =)
if you read one of my previous posts here, I talked about this thing EA wanted to intoduce and then suddently take out (probably due to lazyness or the unfamous "no too much violence" thing).
Greets

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#121 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 8:46 AM
hi, just the bite one only by itself already conflicts.

Hm, conflicts with what? You mean PCexperts mod?

you are awesome, that is very nice of you! thank you very much.

You're welcome ;-)

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#122 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 8:58 AM
Well I'm still having issues with the standard bite file making sims bite -everyone- on the neck, so perhaps I'm not completely understanding what this whole interaction does. If the target is same gender as my sim, then the bite should be on the wrist(when there's NO flirt interaction performed), but my sims -I've tried it on both a male and female- are still doing the neck bite on same gender sims. They are straight, and are NOT flirting whatsoever. They walk up to someone, have to (friendly)introduce themselves-I dont get the drink option without intro- then choose 'drink' and it always does the romantic neck interaction. Neither sim I tried this with has the seduction master aspiration reward, one of them is an anti-social loner-type and the other has flirty/party animal trait-but that doesn't mean she's gay and making moves on same gender sims, so I'm a bit confused. I really like the idea of being able to bite people at 0-ish relation(not sure why intro is still needed) but the rest of it still isn't working properly. If the interaction/animation weren't so romantic I would just use the always neckbite file, but alas...

Hi =)
well, your "issues" could be triggered by many many factors. Here are some more: is your vampire skilled in Charisma? High charisma skill boosts pretty every interaction, even the romantic ones (vampires are genderless creatures, they do not bother to bite a woman rather than a man. They just need to feed from a human being). Is your victim a stranger/single? If so, his/her sexual preference might not have been set yet, and your bite might be the first romantic interaction on him/her, that could explain the neck bite. Remember, I recommend you do this before you bite your victim (same gender I mean): try to flirt (any flirt interaction is good for this purpose), if your flirt gets accepted then the bite will be on the neck, if refused it'll be on the wrist. Try this and pm me if you still have this issue (and if so, write me some deeper details on your vampire/victim skills/aspiration rewards, I will be able to anwer you better) And by the way, flirty and party animal sims are HIGHLY pushed to accept flirts, even on same gender, sorry if you don't like this feature, but is EA standard, not my fault. Change traits or change victim

Also, is the relationship scoring file for biting separate from the bite files or part of them? What I mean, is that are the bite files solely for animations, so if I remove it the 0 relationship modification is still there? Or if removed, the relatioship mod goes with it? I hope that makes sense...lol

I presume you are speaking of the split versions =) Everything related to "bites" (animations, LTR requirementes etc.) is INSIDE that single "Bite" package (choose one of the main 3 flavours).

Oh, and I also stood my sim outside till she got the too much sun moodlet, and it's still reading 3d -50 mood.

Still assuming you have been using the split versions, did you install the "Moodlet" package? That is the one which edits all vampiric moodlets, including the one you mentioned. If you do, well, it must be a compatibility issue. Find out which other mod conflicts and erase it (or ask the mod creator --or to me if I got permission from the mod author -- politely for a compatible version)

Test Subject
#123 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 12:35 PM
Hm, conflicts with what? You mean PCexperts mod?

no it conflicts with the extended game core. because of the discovertraits thingy

so I only downloaded the biting one, not the full, and it already conflicts. thats what I meant.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#124 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 1:23 PM
no it conflicts with the extended game core. because of the discovertraits thingy

so I only downloaded the biting one, not the full, and it already conflicts. thats what I meant.

Oh, all right then. Must make a note that it's incompatible with that extended game core. Thanks for your feedback ;-)

Test Subject
#125 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 8:23 PM
Hi =)
well, your "issues" could be triggered by many many factors. Here are some more: is your vampire skilled in Charisma? High charisma skill boosts pretty every interaction, even the romantic ones (vampires are genderless creatures, they do not bother to bite a woman rather than a man. They just need to feed from a human being). Is your victim a stranger/single? If so, his/her sexual preference might not have been set yet, and your bite might be the first romantic interaction on him/her, that could explain the neck bite. Remember, I recommend you do this before you bite your victim (same gender I mean): try to flirt (any flirt interaction is good for this purpose), if your flirt gets accepted then the bite will be on the neck, if refused it'll be on the wrist. Try this and pm me if you still have this issue (and if so, write me some deeper details on your vampire/victim skills/aspiration rewards, I will be able to anwer you better) And by the way, flirty and party animal sims are HIGHLY pushed to accept flirts, even on same gender, sorry if you don't like this feature, but is EA standard, not my fault. Change traits or change victim

I presume you are speaking of the split versions =) Everything related to "bites" (animations, LTR requirementes etc.) is INSIDE that single "Bite" package (choose one of the main 3 flavours).

Still assuming you have been using the split versions, did you install the "Moodlet" package? That is the one which edits all vampiric moodlets, including the one you mentioned. If you do, well, it must be a compatibility issue. Find out which other mod conflicts and erase it (or ask the mod creator --or to me if I got permission from the mod author -- politely for a compatible version)

Hiya Shoni, messed around a bit more with the bite stuff and still having probs. I'll pm you the details.

Regarding bite animations, etc, I was just wondering if I would still be able to bite at 0 relation(I like that part) without any change in the animation-just all on the wrist(since I'm having all this trouble, lol). But since it's all in the same file I see that it's not possible. Np, not asking for any extra work to be done, just trying to understand the files

I don't see a "moodlet" pkg, closest thing I see is the Buffs.zip, and yeah I do have that one installed. I use Twallans Story Progression, which is the only thing I should have that has any sort of moodlet modifications for vampires in it so perhaps it's that. This is pasted from his mods info page(I hope he doesn't mind):

Added check for "MadlyThirsty" buff to the "MoodCheck" scenario
"TooMuchSim" is now dropped on all inactives, because they are stupid and don't know to stay indoors

I assume he meant "TooMuchSun". If so, this is the only things I see relating to vamp buffs and could possibly be the culprit. Though it just relates to inactives it seems and the old buff is appearing on my -active- sim. *shrugs*

PS-Thanks by the way, for all the work you've done with this mod, I'm sure it's not easy to do and we all appreciate it. I especially appreciate that you so readily respond to everyones questions, confusions etc. :D
Page 5 of 24