Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 21st Jan 2017 at 9:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim mania
If you used Master Controller to create your whitelist file, then those outfits are blacklisted from the mod. To resolve this, you need to use the Clear Blacklist option. You can find it in MC> Settings> CAS> Clear Blacklist.

I'm afraid to even look at that option, if it's gonna clear everything i've whitelisted so hard last few days. I don't know what it does, but i may want to add more clothes into it later, so clearing it wouldn't be good D:
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 9:11 AM Last edited by Sim mania : 22nd Jan 2017 at 2:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Samppuli
I'm afraid to even look at that option, if it's gonna clear everything i've whitelisted so hard last few days. I don't know what it does, but i may want to add more clothes into it later, so clearing it wouldn't be good D:

The whitelist file is a valid file tuning package for Dresser, it has nothing to do with Master Controller. Using that option won't have any bad outcome in Dresser. But to be safe, you could export MC's settings.

Vivi e lascia vivere.
My blog Simplex Sims for more elder and teen CC.
Theorist
#53 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 1:15 PM
@Samppuli one thing you could consider is to rename your TS3 folder in My Docs and install ONLY the CC items / world you want to use in the medieval town. You would still need Dresser to get your sims not to wear the EP clothes you don't want them to, but that would cut down on the number of clothes you'd have to worry about at least. Then whenever you wish to play one of your other saves, rename this TS3 folder to something different and change the name of your original TS3 folder back to The Sims 3.

I know it's confusing. The first time I used Dresser I decided to use the roll clothes and accessories and hated it because no one looked like they used to and those visual cues are how we identify with our sims! I was horrified. So I'm not currently even using that mod either. lol

But look at it this way, the reason EA never provided a mechanism to control the clothing choices our sims make is because it's hard and it's complicated. Even more so for a modder who has to work around EA's code! So I'm very grateful for Twallan and the folks at NRAAS for these mods. Sometimes all the work it takes to figure out how to make it work right is worth it to get the game to play the way we want it to.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tangie0906
@Samppuli one thing you could consider is to rename your TS3 folder in My Docs and install ONLY the CC items / world you want to use in the medieval town. You would still need Dresser to get your sims not to wear the EP clothes you don't want them to, but that would cut down on the number of clothes you'd have to worry about at least. Then whenever you wish to play one of your other saves, rename this TS3 folder to something different and change the name of your original TS3 folder back to The Sims 3.

I know it's confusing. The first time I used Dresser I decided to use the roll clothes and accessories and hated it because no one looked like they used to and those visual cues are how we identify with our sims! I was horrified. So I'm not currently even using that mod either. lol

But look at it this way, the reason EA never provided a mechanism to control the clothing choices our sims make is because it's hard and it's complicated. Even more so for a modder who has to work around EA's code! So I'm very grateful for Twallan and the folks at NRAAS for these mods. Sometimes all the work it takes to figure out how to make it work right is worth it to get the game to play the way we want it to.

That's a great idea! I wonder why i didn't figure out beforehand, it would've been really helpful, because now, i don't remember which clothes are medieval and which aren't, as their names are not telling me anything. Though all that time i used to create my whitelist could've gone to searching appropriate clothing to my sims, especially to babies, toddlers and children. Also there are some custom hairs that i wanted to use, and there's them i didn't want anywhere near my medieval town! But separating them would've been a much better option than creating that whitelist, which was frustrating, laggy, and so, so slow.

But i'll definitely keep this in mind if i want to create a new type of town next time, i was thinking of some kind of Arabic town, where women can only wear muslim clothing, like hiljabs, abayas, and burqas. Looking forward to that when i get bored of the medieval stuff!
Page 3 of 3