Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 23rd Jul 2006 at 10:59 PM
Pixellation!!!!
Faylen,

Thanx for the tutorial, it was really helpful. However, I'm using Paint Shop Pro 10 (for which I paid $79.00 US) and my problem is this: Things look great while they are open in Paint Shop. I'm able to make the changes that I want, recolor like I want. But the imported recolored image (when seen in the game) is all pixellated and the resolution stinks. I've checked and doubled checked and the file size is not reduced when the recolored image is imported. I'm at my wit's end. Like everyone else, half the fun of simming for me is making new things...and now nothing looks right. Is this a Paint Shop issue? Am I overlooking a crucial step? Any help (even directions to re-read a tutorial somewhere) would be appreciated.

-SF1
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 12:59 PM
thank you so much
thank you so much the pictures help
now i will become the queen of recoloring
cheers

Sami
Feeder of Cheesecake to Llamas
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 24th Jul 2006 at 3:57 PM
simfreaks1, go to the Skinning FAQs post for the fix for that.

"Living well is the best revenge. . ." George Bernard Shaw
Test Subject
#29 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 1:26 AM
I just want to say thanks so much! I've been wanting to get into recoloring for awhile now, but I always thought it was too hard. I'm gonna go read the other tutorials now. Thank you!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own," Adam Savage
Test Subject
#30 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:20 AM
I'm having trouble installing demo's (i'll probably have to buy the real thing, ha ha), but I have managed to find "invert colours" in windows paint. All I need to figure out now is how to recolour using it.

Thanks for the tutorial anyway, it was very understandable.

AC: WW addicted since March 2006.
Test Subject
#31 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:22 PM
umm i did did the thing where it changes the color of the dress but it doesent change the shoes color they still stay black like they used to be.

Be Orange!
Test Subject
#32 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 4:44 PM
I don't have Photoshop, but I do have SimPE. Can I use SimPE? I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Could anyone help? Much thanks in advance.

Chyah!
Test Subject
#33 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 8:51 PM
Thank You for the tutorial it is very helpful
Test Subject
#34 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 10:45 PM
No changes
Hi.
I did follow all of your instructions but never achieved to get the result into the body shop.
My problem is that when I try to "save file as.. " the following is shown to me:
the save in:....... but no list of whats in it.
The file name - body~stdMatBaseTextureName (no bmp at the end) and save as type- Photoshop. Save and Cancel.

Could you help me? I'm lost
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 11:29 PM
Llamalass, SimPE is a package editing program, and they're working on making it so you can modify skins, but even so you would still need an image editing program to make the actual color and texture changes.

Cloecloe, are you using photoshop, and do your screens look like the ones in the tutorial?

Lab Assistant
#36 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 5:25 AM
I might be a total noob but what i'm using is photoshop 4.0 and i can't find the hue and saturation options. They're not under image.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 4:40 PM
You'll want to read all the helpfiles that came with your version of Photoshop, then. It's important that you yourself learn the image program that you're going to use, because there will not be tutorials for every single program anywhere you look! It may seem like work, but it'll be worth it in the end.

Test Subject
#38 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 6:46 PM
Gratzie!(thank you in itailean)
Test Subject
#39 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:20 PM
can i still use this if i dont have photoshop ?
Test Subject
#40 Old 31st Jul 2006 at 7:31 PM
what can i use ??????????????????????
i dont have photoshop "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#41 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 12:24 AM
The only program I have that is closest to "Photoshop" is "Adobe Photoshop 2.0 Starter Edition." Will that still work if I want to create my own clothing? If not... is there a site where I can download "Photoshop" for free?

~Thanks~
Test Subject
#42 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 4:48 PM
I Don't Have Photoshop.. I am screwed arn't I? ¿
Test Subject
#43 Old 1st Aug 2006 at 8:34 PM
Thank you so much. I am trying to learn to put shadows in my recolors (furniture) and came across your tutorials. I am starting them from the beginning and doing each step. By the time I finish all of them, I should be able to not only shadow my furniture, but make some clothes too!!!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 6:52 PM
If you are posting in this thread asking about Photoshop, it is clear that you have read neither this tutorial, nor the Skinning FAQs thread that is not only at the top of the forum but also directly linked to in the very first paragraph of the tutorial. I will answer questions from people who have read the tutorial, about the tutorial. Writing these tutorials takes a number of hours, not including the time it takes to learn and refine the techniques in the tutorials. Asking questions about things that are answered in the tutorials is extremely rude.

Test Subject
#45 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 10:07 PM Last edited by kjohnson93 : 3rd Aug 2006 at 10:14 PM.
you say in the thread what to do with the photoshop, but what about bodyshop? Right now I am stuck on the part where you select where your clothes will appear in because when I press the refresh button, the screen stays the same. What am I supposed to do?
Test Subject
#46 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 6:00 AM
it's so great! it was a really a great help for me too,Thanks!!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 4th Aug 2006 at 3:17 PM
Selecting the clothing categories and hitting refresh does nothing. Refresh works only after you have made a change in the texture file and selected "save as" from your image program, overwriting the original texture file. Changing clothing category, or adding clothing categories, in Body Shop does only that - allows the outfit to show up in the categories you have selected, later, after you've imported the new outfit into your game.

Test Subject
#48 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 12:51 PM
Nice tutorial
I made a tank top with the nintendo-logo :p. I just havn't got the right position ..
Test Subject
#49 Old 23rd Aug 2006 at 2:35 AM
Thank you your tut was great and very easy to follow
Test Subject
#50 Old 2nd Sep 2006 at 9:13 PM
I followed the tutorial word for word. I used Ultimate Paint to recolor my outfit. Saved the file just like you said. When I refresh my outfit in Body Shop it doesnt change!
Page 2 of 15