Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#226 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elanorea
I also don't miss how Sims would remember everyone they ever met for the rest of their lives. "Oh, I'm kinda lonely, maybe I'll call this guy who once delivered pizza to our house when I was five years old."

But that was so handy when you were playing a Legacy and had a really cute pizza guy come over once!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#227 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 5:11 PM
One of the main tick-offs of TS2 for me was when a sim would call someone when they were at work, and instead of someone in the house saying "sorry they're at work" they say "they're at work, unlike SOMEBODY I know..." Rude much?!

Friends asking if you've been abducted by aliens was pretty frustraiting too... Especially when you'd used boolprop to 'make me friends' and you'd get "_ is no longer friends with _ anymore. A phonecall goes a long way" or something, about 50 times over.

What I do miss is actually being able to do a reasonable amount of stuff in the day. I mean, I don't know if it's just me, but I find that by the time my sims have got up from bed (at about 7ish), tended to the garden, had breakfast, showered, etc, it's about 12 o clock, and there's barely any time left in the day Espesh when they go to work as well

I also sort of miss University and Nightlife

Oh gosh. What have I done?

Like Bambi? Click here!
Test Subject
#228 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 2:48 AM
Loading screens. They were never terrible for me, but I still found them irritating after a while.

Sims giving up on everything because there's a frakking newspaper in their way. I like that Sims 3 sims just MOVE AROUND IT.

I don't miss the weather making them drop everything and stare out of the window.

And I don't miss the inevitable 'Now where'd the homework go...?' question.

AND I don't miss having to go back and forth between families who were eventually going to have their destinies entwined, just to make sure that they all aged properly
(although at the same time, it makes me rather sad that my sims can go on and have lives and move out and and fall in love and grow up without me being a part of it all)
Test Subject
#229 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pema
What I do miss is actually being able to do a reasonable amount of stuff in the day. I mean, I don't know if it's just me, but I find that by the time my sims have got up from bed (at about 7ish), tended to the garden, had breakfast, showered, etc, it's about 12 o clock, and there's barely any time left in the day Espesh when they go to work as well

That annoys me too. It seems to me like they take much longer to do each task.
I found that the best thing to do is just use a cheat (testingcheatsenabled true) to drag up some of their needs...not only does it save time, but it keeps the showers and the toilets and sinks from getting dirty all the time.
Lab Assistant
#230 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 3:20 AM
The biggest thing I don't miss is how hard it was to play a family through the generations. It always felt so stupid after a while, as a sim would end up becoming friends with someone their great great grandmother hooked up with or something. Plus it bugged me when their family trees would have their great great grandparents alive, but playing them was so boring and I didn't like to just kill them for no reason... ack.
Test Subject
#231 Old 10th May 2010 at 7:23 AM
WOW I went through and read all of the replies... I was not bored at all.

Anyway, I'm going to echo the sentiments of many of the users in the thread
-Recolors. SO. MANY. FILES.
-"What's this?" investigations
-OBSESSION with the freaking pool!!!
-Incessant phone calls from distant friends

OT, something that I found quite funny about TS3.. I like to have my Sim cuddle with the maid/butler on the couch and kiss/makeout and for some reason, no one seems to have any inhibitions about this, as long as it happens on the couch. If I try it standing up, whoa there partner, whaddya think yer doin?! Has anyone else done this? lol.
Test Subject
#232 Old 10th May 2010 at 2:26 PM
I'm surprised nobody mentioned these but these are small annoyances compared to how long it took to load (which I didn't have).

- Toddlers continually asking adults to read them a book when the adults have better things to do and none of their needs are low.

- When Family Sims come home from work and insist on doing that stupid little "I'm home" dance for 5 minutes.

- Lastly, the Want System where if you had a want you knew you weren't going to complete I'd stay there for days tanking their aspiration meters and the fact you couldn't cancel stupid wants. The sims 3 wish system is a great improvement on this.
Field Researcher
#233 Old 10th May 2010 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by galactigasm
-Recolors. SO. MANY. FILES.

YES, I couldn't agree more. After taking meshes out I had like 12 GB of just recolours.

And I don't miss vampires and werewolves. I hope they won't add them in future expansions.

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
Lab Assistant
#234 Old 10th May 2010 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kerryanne13
I don't miss the loading screens and I don't miss the Mrs. Crumplebutt for sure. She was always ruining my Sims good time >.> Plus, she cheats at poker.

You have to play her in Sim3. I made her dress like a slut and become a rock star and constantly play loud music.

I don't think anyone mentioned that when children got on honor roll after 3 days of school they would come home and celebrate for an hour about their good grades for the next 7 days of school till they finally got into highschool.
Instructor
#235 Old 10th May 2010 at 6:22 PM Last edited by jay_envy : 10th May 2010 at 6:48 PM.
How easy it was to make two sims fall in love. It seems like in TS3 it takes a few days at least, but in TS2 you could meet a sim and 12 sim-hours later be going on your honeymoon.

Only 3 bodyshapes. Especially when the fattest bodyshape your sim can get is borderline average.

The lack of personality. Yeah, yeah we could determine their Neat or Active points, but how accurate was that thing anyway? It barely changed their robotic 'personality' at all.

Marsha Bruenig.
Scholar
#236 Old 10th May 2010 at 7:15 PM
I do not miss TS2 weeds. I think the image is already embedded in my head. I'd puke if they added those exact weeds to TS3 lmao +_+
Also, the 10000s of recolors for downloads and the horrendous townies that will never produce decent looking children. Sorry if I was too harsh lol
Mad Poster
#237 Old 10th May 2010 at 8:13 PM
I actually do miss weeds, and having to take care of your bushes and flowers. I still even miss having to water your indoor plants from ts1. Of course you could always hire the gardener, which for some reason we don't have any more. I do hope/she comes back in some EP.

The homework hunt was not a great past time activity, and sometimes i never found their hideaway.

The "run to hug your parent" interaction I kind of miss, it was mega cute, but annoying because they dropped everything to do it, but i would still want it back. I like that kids would notice their parents coming home.

What I really don't miss, helping your kids with homework, it was really hard having enough space so everybody involved was happy enough. And god forbid somebody collided with somebody else, because then it got canceled and you had to start all over again. Now helping your kids with their homework is so easy, it just works.
Banned
#238 Old 11th May 2010 at 5:03 PM Last edited by tjstreak : 11th May 2010 at 5:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nobody
You have to play [Mrs. Crumplebutt] in Sim3. I made her dress like a slut and become a rock star and constantly play loud music.

This is so funny -- and so true to real life. Given that we get to deal with Mrs. Crumplebutt as a young adult, it only seems appropiate to make her the town bike who woohoos with every sim she meets. This makes her actions later in life even more hypocritical!

In fact, I have just edited Agnes Crumplebottom to give her the following traits: Flirty, Great Kisser, Hopeless Romantic, Party Animal and Over Emotional -- and, a lifetime wish of being a heartbreaker. I have also dressed her up in some of my slutiest outfits.
Field Researcher
#239 Old 11th May 2010 at 9:38 PM
The loading screens I had to wait through everytime I wanted to change lots and the fact that nothing is recolorable without downloads. I actually sold my Sims 2 copy and all the expansions because of this.

I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Test Subject
#240 Old 12th May 2010 at 3:03 AM
the loading times i will never miss (although my Sims 3 isn't much better :/)
The biggest thing for me is aspiration failure, so annoying and made you focus on too many things just to keep your sim from going crazy
Also, the whining-when-starving problem. "Im hungry!" , THEN STOP WHINING AND GET SOME GOD **** FOOD IDIOT!!!!!!!
Theorist
#241 Old 14th May 2010 at 12:27 PM
Things I don't miss?
` Loading screens, certainly
` Bad memories
` Those annoying university mascots & cheerleaders
` Townies knocking over garbage cans and stealing newspaper
` Cutscenes whenever my Sim proposes engagement, WooHoo, first kiss, and get abducted/returned home by aliens. It's a waste of time and the Sim gets this weird expression when we look at them close up

Quote: Originally posted by CatherineSimmer
The number one thing I do not miss: Aspiration Failure.

I agree. Then my sim won't have this aspiration failure when they use toilets in the community lots and stuffs
Forum Resident
#242 Old 14th May 2010 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jay_envy
Only 3 bodyshapes. Especially when the fattest bodyshape your sim can get is borderline average.

Well technically only 2 bodyshapes. The difference between "average" and "fit" was a change in the skin. Still doesn't help though. :/
Test Subject
#243 Old 15th May 2010 at 12:05 AM
Okay, here are the things I will miss as I uninstall Sims 2 and cancel my account on the Exchange - no wait, I could always re-read the works of Professorbutters and Orikes, I loved those legacies!

(1) The ninja teleport - I loved that instant ability; zeneport is okay, but not the same.

(2) The hobbies - Allez Cuisine!

(3) College... well, the fun times of seeing other Sims in college in other legacies.

(4) The semi-realistic Sims.

(5) The Simselves. Not many Simselves in Sims 3.

(6) The autumn skill boost, I always bought a Weathernaught!

(7) Elixir of Life, easier than Ambrosia to consume.

(8) Vampires, PlantSims, and Witches. Loves those special transformations. Mummies are not the same.

(9) The ability to play isolated "galaxy" lots, where time stands still in one lot while you play another. This is okay if you don't mind telling a story, but see (2) below.

(10) The First Kiss, Hot Tub WooHoo, Weddng Arch, and arrival at & graduation from college special cinemas.

(11) The Hang Out interaction, which speeds up friend-making.

What I will not miss:

(1) The Apocalypse Challenge. I read it, thought it was cool, then did a horrible rendition of it. It's HARD, especially since I gave up trying to curb my MaxMotives addiction. I am glad there is no way to create a post-apocalyptic neighborhood without serious hacking.

(2) The fact that legacies require you to play each lot seperately or risk having the spares remain as adults with 29 days of youth while their heir sibling grew old and died of old age, leavnig you with a great-great-great-grandson who didn't recognize a female spare as family and could actually marry and interbreed with them! Spares now age and live their own lives and there is a graveyard to put their corpses when they died.

(3) The Grim Reaper and all his illegit children due to Boolprop. Reaper-kin were okay for a while, but come on, Death is a spirit, he can't breed with Sims. I also like his new more ominous presence; he looked like a skeleton in Sims 2, but this really makes him scary.

(4) Death by old age. Sure, the two death scenes were okay, but I don't really like seeing my Sims die poorly.

(5) Perma-plat and aspiration meter; it's annoying because if you don't have a perma-plat Sim, they get the bad old age death; here, Sims don't get any more tiki drinks. Instead, they turn into ghosts and are sucked into their tombstones. Also, I'll never miss Sims going nutso anymore because of a fire, burglary, and whatnot and wailing for 3 days and getting furious at a robber.

(6) Ghost actions. Yeah, I hated the fact that even ghosts who died from old age in perma-plat bliss end up on your lot and spooking your Sim until they die and become ghosts too. Ick. Here, death by ghost fright is MUCH less of a problem.

(7) The fact that aging is always on - you had to drink more Elixirs than a Final Fantasy character in the final boss battle to stay young! I hated that! Here, you can turn off aging or set the life stages to various lengths, and you can always use the cake if you want to age up a kid right away.

(8) The engagement, Bed WooHoo(gawd, that was X-rated! ), and birthday party age-up cinemas(which required you to have a birthday party).

(9) The parties. I hated that! Same with dates and outings.

(10) The requirement of an auto-yak mod; the phone is no longer necessary to make friends constantly.

"Seriously... what the he**? I'm not going to dig graves for all of you. Okay, now what will I do with all of these corpses? Oh, there's a fire and I've fallen into a hole. Not my problem anymore!" (From MaskedHuzzah's Dragon Warrior III Let's Play)
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#244 Old 15th May 2010 at 1:46 AM
Isn't this the thread of things you DON'T miss? Additionally, many of your objections aren't even TRUE.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Mad Poster
#245 Old 15th May 2010 at 1:54 AM
Having a loading screen for EVERYTHING! starting a new town for me was murder, especially with expansion packs installed. I sat for a good 10 minutes waiting for the game to "LOAD" weather and magic, among other things.
Lab Assistant
#246 Old 15th May 2010 at 2:06 AM
I hated those stupid cheerleaders and mascots.
And stupid ol' Mrs. Crapbottom. Knitting all the time and lecturing my teens for being teens (Stupid. I bet she has the IQ of string.)
Being that Mrs. Crapbottom is only a young adult in TS3 (bad decision -.-) makes her want to make out with my married sim. Even those she's cheeating on atleast eight guys..

hi, i'm yasmine.
Field Researcher
#247 Old 15th May 2010 at 2:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yasmine0615
And stupid ol' Mrs. Crapbottom. Knitting all the time and lecturing my teens for being teens (Stupid. I bet she has the IQ of string.)

I liked her She always made me laugh

Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Forum Resident
#248 Old 15th May 2010 at 2:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clynnc19
I liked her She always made me laugh

Same here. Even when she was beating the crap out of my sims, it was still funny. And then the pop up that would come in Sims 1 after she hit you, going on about getting a room or something like that, really added to the effect.
Field Researcher
#249 Old 15th May 2010 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gobot101
Same here. Even when she was beating the crap out of my sims, it was still funny. And then the pop up that would come in Sims 1 after she hit you, going on about getting a room or something like that, really added to the effect.

They should have kept her the way she was in Sims 1 and added her as a death type in the Sims 3. If you continued to show public displays of affection, even after she scolded you, she could beat you to death with her purse.

Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#250 Old 15th May 2010 at 3:24 AM
I liked the purse-beatings, mostly because I repurposed them for my own use.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Page 10 of 12