Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#251 Old 15th May 2010 at 10:07 AM
"The school bus for Mary will arrive in about an hour"
"The school bus for luke will arrive in about an hour"
"The school bus for henry will arrive in about an hour"
"The school bus for Audrey will arrive in about an hour"
"The school bus for david will arrive in about an hour"
"The school bus for Beth will arrive in about an hour"
"A carpool for Alice will arrive in about an hour"
Gotta hate seven oclock

Me: Oh Alice needs a logic skill point - it's 10'oclock in the morning but she should be okay
*alice looks through telescope*
*Neighbor runs over and slaps Alice*

Or that one cranky elder who would wake David up just to slap him and then leave.

and I kind of do miss but at the same time don't miss the flu in a family of eight.
David was a sim who could be described as having 'commitment issues' and he would marry a woman let her have a baby then divorce her for the next woman. SO one of his ten exes would run up and knock the garbage can over - insects would arrive. Luke would stamp on bugs - Luke gets the flu. The whole house gets the flu.

(That being said EA I'd love for illnesses to come back possibly with seasons expansion and a sickly trait.)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#252 Old 15th May 2010 at 10:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by j99450
No ones mentioned loading screens yet?!

I personally feel that the whole "loading screens" situation is kind of dumb. The reason for this is that there still are loading screens, they are just less obvious than in TS2! When you want to load a family, you get a little screen, same with going to other people's houses.
Theorist
#253 Old 16th May 2010 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by super34ever
there still are loading screens, they are just less obvious than in TS2!

Less obvious perhaps because they are like 98% less frequent in TS3.
In TS2, a loading screen was needed for every lot. In TS3, that same loading screen produces a whole neighbourhood, which can be hundreds of lots.
No wonder its less obvious?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#254 Old 16th May 2010 at 7:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nenerheste
SO one of his ten exes would run up and knock the garbage can over - insects would arrive. Luke would stamp on bugs - Luke gets the flu. The whole house gets the flu.
So stop messing with the bugs and stop picking up the can. I never pick up the can, it remains permanently knocked over.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Scholar
#255 Old 16th May 2010 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
In TS2, a loading screen was needed for every lot. In TS3, that same loading screen produces a whole neighbourhood, which can be hundreds of lots.

Well in my game its very obvious since I have to wait ages to the lot to fully load hehe D:
Test Subject
#256 Old 16th May 2010 at 12:12 PM
The "hamster cage" situation. Now you have the whole life in a city
Test Subject
#257 Old 16th May 2010 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist

Sorry, I didn't mean to push anyone's buttons
Test Subject
#258 Old 16th May 2010 at 9:56 PM
'It's raining!'

No shit.
Scholar
#259 Old 16th May 2010 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by julia100
'It's raining!'

No shit.

Hahahaha I actually miss weather a lot D:

But I do not miss Witches from Ap Life. They're terrible compared to Witches from Makin' Magic.
Test Subject
#260 Old 16th May 2010 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
Well in my game its very obvious since I have to wait ages to the lot to fully load hehe D:

Thank you. Someone who understands my comment.
Test Subject
#261 Old 16th May 2010 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
Hahahaha I actually miss weather a lot D:

But I do not miss Witches from Ap Life. They're terrible compared to Witches from Makin' Magic.

hahah yeah i miss weather too, just not how every time it changed they'd all stop what they're doing and run outside :p
Scholar
#262 Old 17th May 2010 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by julia100
hahah yeah i miss weather too, just not how every time it changed they'd all stop what they're doing and run outside :p

Well, ya know, Sims will be Sims. They do stupid things. :P
Test Subject
#263 Old 17th May 2010 at 9:59 PM Last edited by raptors46usa : 17th May 2010 at 10:53 PM.
i still pay both i miss some furniture like the atomic kids and the race car furniture. I dont miss the the pillow fights and when you build something the whats this? and they all flock to the new object is there a hack for that?

for the sims 2 i have the sim blender it is great. and that hack to have larger house holds i cant find one for sims 3.
oh yeah if you want to make your sims happy in s3 press crl shift c and type in testingcheatsenabled true then click on the mail box you get alot like make happy it will restore your sims. Also pressing shift and clicking on your sim you can change their personality.

lets see i dont miss not being able to costomize an object like you can in the sims 3. i miss the 4 seasons, having pets , i miss all the neighbour hoods like being able to create your oown neighbourhood, i miss how things were in collection files. and a star to know what costom content is like packagefiles .

i dont miss when it rained or snowed they flocked to windows and looked outside with amazment. i also miss the teen style stuff and some clothes the family fun slippers for kids and clothes
i dont miss the growing up bad and the memories like getting married being bad those kinds of things.
Test Subject
#264 Old 18th May 2010 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nenerheste
"The school bus for Mary will arrive in about an hour"
"The school bus for luke will arrive in about an hour"
"The school bus for henry will arrive in about an hour"
"The school bus for Audrey will arrive in about an hour"
"The school bus for david will arrive in about an hour"
"The school bus for Beth will arrive in about an hour"
"A carpool for Alice will arrive in about an hour"
Gotta hate seven oclock

Me: Oh Alice needs a logic skill point - it's 10'oclock in the morning but she should be okay
*alice looks through telescope*
*Neighbor runs over and slaps Alice*

Or that one cranky elder who would wake David up just to slap him and then leave.

and I kind of do miss but at the same time don't miss the flu in a family of eight.
David was a sim who could be described as having 'commitment issues' and he would marry a woman let her have a baby then divorce her for the next woman. SO one of his ten exes would run up and knock the garbage can over - insects would arrive. Luke would stamp on bugs - Luke gets the flu. The whole house gets the flu.

(That being said EA I'd love for illnesses to come back possibly with seasons expansion and a sickly trait.)

Haha, this so much. I hated the way those messages just cluttered up the screen.
Forum Resident
#265 Old 18th May 2010 at 5:28 PM
There were a lot of things that bugged me in TS2, but I think there were 2 things that really standout: I about paniced when my cat (that I spent an hour creating so it would look like a fox) ran away from home, and then kept running away from home. And other animals would come to the house and attack him, causing him to run away again.

Also, I had some bad CC and when the toddler would play in the toilet she would disappear. Literally. I realize it was bad CC and not the program, but it just annoyed me that the kid was in the bathroom to begin with. Oh well. I fixed it eventually. I found a toilet she could play with "safely" since there was no way to keep her out of the bathroom...

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#266 Old 18th May 2010 at 9:44 PM
There are plenty of ways to keep babies out of the bathroom, such as AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY from More Awesome Than You.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
#267 Old 18th May 2010 at 11:26 PM Last edited by dimples73 : 19th May 2010 at 12:09 AM.
the hideous bathing suits
weird clothes
some of the hair
i dont miss the sims all moving to the same object then not liking it
lama outfit
Aspiration Failure.
sims not throwing dipers on the ground
What's this?"
"It's snowing!"
Playing in the bathtub-that was so weird
playing on the couch
kids jumping on the beds
Kickybag in the house
Pillowfights in the middle of the street.
The influence meter and system
Cow Mascots and Cheerleaders
Pranks
Washing dishes in the bathroom sink
hideously dressed Townies
Stray dogs digging holes and pissing on my lawn.
Flooded basements in Veronaville
friends always ringing up nagging about not calling them

Driveways that must sit like 20 miles back on the lot.-that was so anoying
lots more
Forum Resident
#268 Old 19th May 2010 at 8:58 PM
For some reason those Mystery Sim memories annoyed me soooo much. Oh, and that dumb Skunk.
Forum Resident
#269 Old 19th May 2010 at 9:24 PM
I don't miss that evil cow mascot from University. THAT COW RUINED MY SIM'S RELATIONSHIP!
Field Researcher
#270 Old 19th May 2010 at 9:35 PM
I don't play TS3, my PC would crash, burn, and spit sparks at me for trying to load the first screen. But I wouldn't miss
-Everyone of the opposite gender running and crowding around a door meant for the gender they're not when someone leaves the house.
-It's Raining/hailing/snowing! It was raining all night. Amazing.
-Loading time that takes twenty minutes just to go to the house next door.
-Autonomous fights over something that didn't even happen.
-Never forgiving the person they fought with.
-Pets running away. Stupid things.
-Streakers, social worker, social bunny, cheerleaders, school cheers, mascots and pillow fights.
-Fugly pets and NCPs.
-Not being able to choose shoes with those outfits. Fugly. Boots. With. Fugly. Skirts. x.x
Aand that's about all I can think of at the moment. Haha.

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Lab Assistant
#271 Old 19th May 2010 at 11:55 PM
Oh my god I totally forgot all about the bugs. Someone would always kick over the college trash can and a sim with the wrong traits would go nuts trying to exterminate them and get the flu and do bad in class.
Lab Assistant
#272 Old 20th May 2010 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sanypsia
I don't play TS3, my PC would crash, burn, and spit sparks at me for trying to load the first screen. But I wouldn't miss

I wouldn't count on that. If it's alive and kicking it can probably do ok on sims 3. The only thing sims3 has high requirements for is ram. It has to have 2gb or 1.4 gb free.
Alchemist
#273 Old 20th May 2010 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LethalLaurie
I don't miss that evil cow mascot from University. THAT COW RUINED MY SIM'S RELATIONSHIP!

I thought the cow mascot was funny as hell.

Quote: Originally posted by Nobody
Oh my god I totally forgot all about the bugs. Someone would always kick over the college trash can and a sim with the wrong traits would go nuts trying to exterminate them and get the flu and do bad in class.

After the loading screens the bugs are #1 on my list
Field Researcher
#274 Old 20th May 2010 at 10:32 PM
Having to stop what you're doing to answer the phone. Now I can just click ignore call and if it was anything remotely interesting, it will popup on it's own.
Scholar
#275 Old 21st May 2010 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heartbreak
Having to stop what you're doing to answer the phone. Now I can just click ignore call and if it was anything remotely interesting, it will popup on it's own.

I certainly don't miss Rabbit Holes. Oh, wait--those are in TS3!
Page 11 of 12