Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#201 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 2:56 AM
I forget whether I mentioned this earlier.

How about the generalized catch-all "Creativity" skill?
"I just maxed my Creativity by playing piano and NOW I can paint a MASTERPIECE!"

How realistic.
Advertisement
Banned
#202 Old 14th Feb 2010 at 5:02 AM
I don't really miss anything. xD;; But just so I don't uselessly take up space, I'll get specific on a couple of things.

•The face templates. SOME sims in TS3 can look similar to each other, but quite a few sims on TS2 were practically clones of each other. I also hated how so many sims looked so unbelieveably distorted and ridiculous. They were hardly customizeable, even in Body Shop.

•The cleaning skill. Easily the most useless skill to build up in the history of The Sims. What purpose does it serve?? Why was it ever necessary to begin with? Why did I need to build up this skill to get promotions in most jobs???

•How kids seemed to be so easily neglected. If you had Seasons, all you had to do was get them a bit warm from jumping on the bed, and suddenly, there's a notice all in my face, like 'HAY, KID'S TOO WARM, SOCIAL WORKER DOESN'T APPROVE OF THIS WARMTH'. Then you put them in the snow for a bit to cool off, but then, maybe, they're stuck making a snowman, and they get too cold. Then you get nagged for your kid being too cold. -_-;;

•The non-seemless neighborhoods. Enough said.

•House building, and landscaping in general. You could never have too big of a garden, because of how tedious the gardening ended up being. And you always had to have the driveway in a certain part of the lot, otherwise it wouldn't work. Building always sucks, because I've never been a builder, but it sucks even worse on TS2. =P

•Personality points, having to choose your sim's zodiac, aspiration, ect. I HATED how the points had to be split a certain way, amongst different zodiac. I'm a Libra, and whenever I made my self sim, I never picked Libra for myself, because, sure, I'm lazy, but am I a social butterfly? Oh hell to the NO. So I'm really glad they scrapped this system, finally, and gave us actual traits to play with. The same can be said with the turn-ons and turn-offs from Nightlife forward; if they bring that back, they really need to expand on it.

•Memories. I could care less about consistency. =P
Alchemist
#203 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 5:38 AM
things i dont miss, eh? ...hmmm...

social bunny.
GET YOUR GRUNGY PINK BUTT AWAY FROM MY SIM.

university. and how anyone who wanted to be anything, HAD to go to university and spend what felt like an Eternity there, working their ass off for...well..very little in the end. ( that, i guess, is like RL though. working for barely anything. )

oh my god, i do not miss their fugly default eyes.
even TS3 defaults are better than those nightmarish drawn-on-paper-esque 'eyes'.

pets. epic fail on the programmers' side. my cat may require food and a litter box but he does more than run around and cause shit for my sim. he also doesnt need me to tell him not to do something 20 times for him to catch my drift. the dog ( surprisingly ) doesnt, either.
and dont get me started on birds.

body morphs. very very limited variation. even the sims 3 vanilla is a step up from that, but with the breast/head/hip/waist sliders installed, it takes on a whole new level that sims 2 could never live up to.

skintones. god, they were weird as hell.
i mean in the sense that you would have custom skins installed on sims you made, but the game always had its fugly defaults or its npcs. :/ claaaaaaaaash. burn.

the burning christmas tree.
i hated not being able to leave it on overnight without it GUARANTEEING A FIRE. omg.

...theres probably more but i cant remember right now.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Test Subject
#204 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 10:13 PM
For all you guys who complain loading screans beaing long (5-10min) I had to wait 20 min to an hour and the only thing installed and I had no cc I swear (didn't know about mod the sims and other sites)

Smile, if your Happy
Lab Assistant
#205 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 10:28 PM
I don't miss coming onto lots and instantly sims bicker and are furious with each other

I swear...it took SO LONG to get Angela and Lilith to be civil to each other...its ridiculous

I don't miss the loading...it felt like 20 minutes

I don't miss the whole "OMG I'm Hungry/sleepy/smelly/bored/lonely/have to pee thing over and over...at least now they don't constantly stop and tell up but rather only do it a few times and mostly just have bubbles over their heads
Lab Assistant
#206 Old 15th Feb 2010 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
I don't miss playing "find the homework on the floor."

SAME! And loading screens :p
Test Subject
#207 Old 16th Feb 2010 at 3:39 PM
I'm just gonna re-post everything someone else posted xD

- OMFG IT'S RAINING! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!1one!

- Hunt for the Homework

- My fetch obsessed dogs

- Making friends for work. Granted, it's the same for sims 3, but then you only have to befriend co-workers and your boss, not whoever you happy-diddily choose.

- The hobby stalker people D:

- DOOD ARE WE STILL FRIENDS OR WHUT!?
Field Researcher
#208 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 10:58 PM
I actually really miss University. It was hilarious seeing my sims streaking and being crazy And imagine that in an open neighborhood! That would be freaking awesome! LOL!

Anyway, what I don't miss is all the loading screens, of course, and how blocky the sims looked.
Instructor
#209 Old 17th Feb 2010 at 11:20 PM
-I dont miss loading screens to do anything. (But I do miss the home being a more central and integral part of the game. Getting sick of having to send my sims out all the time )

-I dont miss the Butler STEALING MY BABEH!!!

-I dont miss constantly being asked to go out on group outings.

Well that's what happens when you're on your own and you're alright at letting nice things go
Lab Assistant
#210 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 12:31 AM
I don't miss how the gypsy's matchmaking service never put you with somebody who really fit you - though maybe that was more a case of a borked chemistry system. Lovely idea, but poorly implemented, and seemingly forgotten, afterwards.

I don't miss influence.

I don't miss the townie-spam, anything from the 'friends' nagging me to call them to the hobby stalkers. I REALLY don't miss that wretched Coach at Uni busting ass into my dorm to make me work out. Jerk.

I don't miss staying up at all hours, feverishly making sims and houses and clothing and stuff... because I'm too busy STILL DOING IT. *cough*
Field Researcher
#211 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 1:17 AM
-The impossibility to choose your lifetime wish
-Comfort bar (or whatever it's called in english version). Energy bar wasn't enough? o.O No, you had to watch for poor sims who couldn't stand up for more than three seconds without getting tired (my self sim, for instance XD).
-Townies who would enter your home right after you greet 'em and start doing ANYTHING they want, as if it's their own home especially, playing drums or any other instruments you have. Get your hands off my drums! D:
-Loading screens. And the fact that, after waiting for two hours for the new lot to load, your sim would instantly start whining 'cos he needs to pee, he's hungry, he's tired, he's... whatever. (Luckily with my new computer I have less problems with loading screens, but I still find them annoying, when I know that on Sims 3 I can go wherever I want without feeling like going to the other side of Sim world).
-Sims ignoring what I tell them to do and doing completely random things instead '_'
-Stupid nanny feeding poor toddlers infinite times
-The impossibility to select babies. I never know what to do when they start crying T_T oh, and the fact that then they become REALLY annoying toddlers. Gah. D:
-Diapers and baby's bottles EVERYWHERE.
-Influence. Completely pointless.
-The way fat sims were done. I mean, they were almost normal sims with a huge beer belly. Yep, there are bellies like that, but usually also the rest of the body gets at least a bit fat D:
-Recolor files.
-Aaaaaw, rain!!! Aaaaw, snow!!! Aaaaw, even if I live in a neighborhood with a North Pole-like weather I'm still amazed to see snow!!!!!!!

Ok, I think that's all for now

But I really miss the HUGE choice of romance interactions, babies with actual bodies, already showing the inherited features (Sims 3 babies look all the same), the easier way to praticse skills (in Sims 2 they learned faster), the piano and all the Bodyshop sliders they didn't put in Sims 3 CAS.
Test Subject
#212 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 4:31 AM
I did not like how you want to go out but you had to wait for it to load. In sims3 you just go and you can play there or at home or both. I love it.
Lab Assistant
#213 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 5:26 AM
I don't miss the loading screens and I don't miss the Mrs. Crumplebutt for sure. She was always ruining my Sims good time >.> Plus, she cheats at poker.
Banned
#214 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 6:04 AM
Ron Humble and his friggin computer gift!
Banned
#215 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kerryanne13
I don't miss the loading screens and I don't miss the Mrs. Crumplebutt for sure. She was always ruining my Sims good time >.> Plus, she cheats at poker.

Oh Jezuz, how could I forget that old skank? >_>

I definitely don't miss the way witches lagged the hell out of the community lots. Especially, when they finally got there, how they thought it was so cute to start causing some sort of havoc. GTFO, witch!
Instructor
#216 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 7:21 AM
I don't miss the useless pain in the ass vampires of Nightlife! They get in one heated poker game and it's smoke and running when the sun came up. They also always had their arm up infront of their face... if you want to hide your fangs please "walk" instead of "stalk" and put your arm down and close your mouth! Geez.

I don't miss random dogs/cats walking by and bothering/fighting with/attacking my sims!

I don't miss the theremometer for Weather. THE HOT TUB WILL NOT KILL THEM INSTANTLY AND WORKING OUT FOR MORE THAN AN HOUR SHOULD NOT CAUSE THEM TO CATCH FIRE!!!

I don't miss toddlers ALWAYS going into the bathroom and splashing in the toilets. As if blue ghosts weren't enough of a pain, I don't want to mop up more puddles!

I don't miss having to "garden" as in watering the flowers and trimming the shrubs and picking up fallen leaves! A large lot with a lot of landscaping was a nightmare. Even the hired gardeners couldn't keep up!

I don't miss rival mascots setting off fire alarms and causing huge messes in dorms.

Late dawns and early sunsets just like my favorite scenes
Then holding hands and life was perfect just like up on the screen
Forum Resident
#217 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 11:06 AM
I don't miss anything because I still play it.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#218 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FridaKahlo
I actually really miss University. It was hilarious seeing my sims streaking and being crazy And imagine that in an open neighborhood! That would be freaking awesome! LOL!
Yes, but University in an open neighborhood is just...regular life, I guess. It is definitely possible to *ADD* "University" to a game, and it would function like in real life, where your sims can go and get them some Edumaction at any point, rather than having an entire life stage set in a bubble universe to do it. You would go there, and advance in it, and get some edumaction, all within the same open neighborhood. It's very doable with what we have now. Just with..less streaking, mascots, and cheerleaders, I guess. Voo, gerbits!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
#219 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Yes, but University in an open neighborhood is just...regular life, I guess. It is definitely possible to *ADD* "University" to a game, and it would function like in real life, where your sims can go and get them some Edumaction at any point, rather than having an entire life stage set in a bubble universe to do it. You would go there, and advance in it, and get some edumaction, all within the same open neighborhood. It's very doable with what we have now. Just with..less streaking, mascots, and cheerleaders, I guess. Voo, gerbits!

Is that your way of saying you're gonna make us a Uni Mod?

Say yes, say yes...
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#220 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 1:29 PM
Well, I would if people would volunteer as my slaves and mesh me the things I demand in a timely and precise manner.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
#221 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 8:13 PM
I actually miss memories. but the system was a little flawed I admit

I still play Sims 2 but

-I don't miss Miss Crumplebottom. nuf said.
-I don't miss the crazy Uni stuff
-I don't miss Goopy (I gave him a makeover through)
-I don't miss The Bland Base Game
-I don't miss Aspirations. to lame and cooky. I LOVE THE TRAITS

I might think of more later

-I do miss how cars used to be

and Loading Screens don't bother me (but I did only have Uni and NL installed and only had 50MB of CC or such.)

http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/...trustrich-1.jpg

How do we know why a child waves at his parents on a merry-go round and the parents always wave back?
Lab Assistant
#222 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 12:11 PM
TOP 1 DONT-MISS: loadscreens
TOP 2 DONT-MISS: bugs

the runners up:

-the clashing of different skintones
-aspiration meter
-environment/comfort bar
-needing to buy a cellphone for every damn sim at the malls
-bland sky (bland lighting for that matter)
-loads of cc that i'll never use
-the clutter of interactions that are rarely used (influence to...)
-starsigns and needing to see whether sims are incompatible or not before initiating bond
-general performance inadaquecies and bad optimization

i DO miss memories because they add another dimension to the sims intelligence.
i miss pets but not the bad side of them, like being annoying
Mad Poster
#223 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 12:24 PM
Do not miss the only-the-current-household-ages thing. Had sims who got pregnant by townies but never lived together. Soo annoying that unless the father was played he wouldn't age therefore the great-great-grandchildren would be older than him. Meant I had to go and play families I didn't want to play, just to keep things even. Don't have to worry about that in TS3!
Lab Assistant
#224 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 4:34 PM
I don't miss the wilting flowers/bushes that made landscaping a huge PAIN.

I also don't miss how Sims would remember everyone they ever met for the rest of their lives. "Oh, I'm kinda lonely, maybe I'll call this guy who once delivered pizza to our house when I was five years old."
Forum Resident
#225 Old 22nd Feb 2010 at 6:44 PM
I don't miss the ghosts whose only apparent purpose was to scare your living Sims until they peed themselves and/or died. (Sometimes one after the other) I'm glad ghosts have more function in 3. (And they look much better now too.)
Page 9 of 12