Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#126 Old 3rd Nov 2009 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sisaly
Why is this thread even still going? It's ridiculous....
...then don`t bother to read it. *I* think it`s FUN, so I`ve SUBSCRIBED to it.

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Advertisement
Banned
#127 Old 4th Nov 2009 at 11:53 AM
^ That's nice?

This thread would be a lot more fun, if not for the 2012 catastrophe bullshite. >_>
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#128 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 7:51 PM
The Sims 3: Sim's Best Friend coming up...
Top Secret Researcher
#129 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 8:00 PM
A cross between The Sims and SimCity would be nice. Combining hoods... oh, the joy!
But yeah, too bad the world ends in 2012. Well, I have front row tickets,so...

I don't give a f*ck, God sent me to piss the world off!
Forum Resident
#130 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 10:20 PM
How about this? It's just fantasy of course - I don't really want EA to close because I don't want to see people loose their jobs.

Sims4, slated for release on Valentines day 2013, will be the first full release of the popular game since the bankruptcy of Electronic Arts in 2010. Everyone remembers the release of the Sims3 code into the public domain shortly after the company closed by the still-unknown person who called himself (or herself) “SimAvenger667”. Excited “modders”, as the “Sims” community calls those who create custom content for the game, soon latched onto the released code and within a year dozens of extension packs (EP’s) were available for download. With the free flow of information, and an atmosphere of cooperation, most of those EP’s were fully compatible not only with the base Sim3 game but with each other.

In just one month consumers will see the newest release in the franchise. Created completely by the fan community and tested extensively by hundreds of gamers, Sims4 will be available for free download from dozens of websites, although those who wish to purchase a disk will be asked to pay a small amount to cover copying, shipping and handling. A donation is requested and will be placed directly into the business fund of a corporate venture being initiated by a group of US fans who wish to start a full-time business to produce nothing but Sims games, thus ensuring the continuation of the franchise and guaranteeing the games will remain low cost and available to all.

Electronic Arts, who, despite having folded three years ago, still holds the copyright for the game and is seeking legal council to block the release of Sims4. However, because the modders are hiding behind proxies in foreign countries, they are having trouble finding who, exactly, to sue.

For further details about Sims4, just go to your favorite modding site.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
#131 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 5:34 PM
Wait, what? Did EA go bankrupt LAST YEAR, and not tell us?

Forum Resident
#132 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
Wait, what? Did EA go bankrupt LAST YEAR, and not tell us?

Just fantasy - this is a thread where people make stuff up about what 2013 will be. Don't take anything seriously.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
#133 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 6:00 PM
Yeah, but it`s about FUTURE unhappenings. You wrote about PAST unhappenings.

Forum Resident
#134 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
Yeah, but it`s about FUTURE unhappenings. You wrote about PAST unhappenings.

This is what I wrote: "Sims4, slated for release on Valentines day 2013, will be the first full release of the popular game since the bankruptcy of Electronic Arts in 2010."

The current year is 2009. This is about 2013. This thread is for fun, don't get so worried about it. It's fantasy so have fun instead of critisizing people (or go hang out on another thread) :D

#135 Old 9th Nov 2009 at 6:13 PM
Oops. Silly me. I misread the calander on my Windoze taskbar clock. ::blush:: It`s the *month* that`s 11, not the year....

[Exit, stage left, mumbling]

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#136 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 11:40 AM Last edited by Angstrom : 28th Jan 2010 at 6:41 AM.
Review of The Sims 3: Epic
Published in May, 2012

Quote:
I have always wondered in what year The Sims games take place. The Sims 3 is thought to be a prequel to the previous games, but the in-game technology seems to be more up-to-date. And since we live in a real world where new mobile phone features come out each week, as the world map is constantly redrawn, it feels strange that the time seems to stand still in Sunset Valley, as each generation has the same lifestyle as their parents and grandparents. Playing elders is also a bit boring, since they cannot do what they do best in real life; telling stories about how things used to be.

With The Sims 3: Epic we can choose a starting year between 1825 and 2050. Sunset Valley and other pre-existing towns are of course a creation of the earliest 21st century, but when I pushed the slider back into the early 19th, started up and zoomed into the houses, I saw electric stoves replaced by wood-fueled ones, kerosene lamps where there used to be light bulbs, and plastic floor transformed to wood.

I quickly left this odd experience to try out out Istmo, one of the two new neighborhoods, in 1860, which is the default starting year. The sound experience creates a pre-industrial atmosphere, with ambient nature sounds, ticking grandfather clocks and travelling fiddlers.

First we take a look at the brothers Mario and Luigi, who are rich enough to own an icebox. They must let the iceman fill it up now and then. Since there are no telephones, Mario's and Luigi's social lives heavily depend on neighbors, workmates and others who they meet each day. If they want to make an appointment with other Sims, they need to grab a pen and write a letter. Some careers do not exist in the 19th century. Other, as journalism, are there from the beginning, but without bloggers and news anchors.

You might get the impression that gameplay in the 19th century is simply worse than it used to be in the base game, since so many features are gone. It is not, since there are many new features, which are around at any year. The largest one - literally - is horses. Yes, I can imagine lots of horse-lovers who will buy this expansion pack just because of the horses. These beasts behave much like cats and dogs, and with some training they can learn to draw carts, and of course to give Sims a ride. Sims must however do some practice themselves. Horses are costly to own, and require fodder and water to stay healthy.

There are also cattle, which can draw carts too, though slower. Cows with calves give milk, but before the advent of refrigerators there is hurry to transform it to yoghurt or cheese. Male calves can grow to bulls, which don't do a lot else than WooHooing with the cows, or scaring careless Sims. They can also be transformed to oxen, though we never see how this is done. The carpools are of course ox carts or, for the better off Sims, stagecoaches.

As years pass, and new generations grow up, new stuff appear to make Sims' lives easier and more exciting. From 1880 Sims can buy the "Self-Rolling Waggon", which looks like a giant brass tricycle. Though its great cost, it is slow and prone to break down. But, as most other antique objects, it gains value over time. Around the year 2000, it could be worth more than a contemporary luxury car.

The first telephone appears around 1900, and the first refrigerator in the 1920s. Mario's grandchildren have things like typewriters and gramophones. Also, new clothing and furnishing styles appear, to give a distinct look to new decades. Though you have left the 1920s long go, you can build a house furnished with 1920s equipment, populated by Sims who wear 1920s clothes and play ragtime on the crystal radio.

During the late 20th century Sims get their hands on microwave ovens, computers, mobile phones and everything else that was in the base game. But we realize that there is much more to it, as we zoom into Ubuntu, the South African town preset to year 2035. In this year, turbo showers, hovercycles and bionic wombs have become commonplace, and you can of course also buy the service robots from The Sims 2: Open For Business led by the faithful Servo. More gadgets appear until 2050; by then, the Sim life feels much like The Fifth Element.

Elder Sims frequently spawn speech bubbles with crossed-over gadgets and an hourglass, illustrating "we did not have these novelties when we were young". And younger Sims who hear this start to appreciate these new inventions even more.

I used to get bored from playing a Sim household for more than one generations. But with The Sims 3: Epic, youngsters always get new opportunities beyond the reach of their parents. I will probably spend the next weekend on a marathon session, playing seven generations during two hundred years.
Test Subject
#138 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 8:49 PM
The sims 3:Epic sounds like it would be alot of fun :P
Inventor
#139 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 1:58 AM Last edited by Purity4 : 24th Nov 2009 at 8:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by vivalakevin
Can we lock this thread? My bad threads get locked before I even press the post button, but yet this one has been stinking up the whole place for days.

Ah! 'But yet', one of my least favorite phrases I've heard of late.
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Purity4
Ah! 'But yet', one of my least favorite phrases I've heard of late.

It's like a double negative but with ... whatever those words are called, their name escapes me. It's redundant, that's the point. And I don't think it's just lately, I've seen that several times in supposedly professional writings for a long time. They're trying to be sophisticated and they end up screwing themselves over. *headdesk*

Love, Rosalina
I am new, but so were you once. Be nice. Don't be an elitist. Kthxbai? :D
Alchemist
#141 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 7:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Princess Rosalina
They're trying to be sophisticated and they end up screwing themselves over.

because none of us ever unintentionally confuse our thoughts and words when we type them down, nope nope nope.

never.

OH and if more people point it out, it means that it totally wont ever happen again and that such things will cease to exist.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Field Researcher
#142 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 9:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Princess Rosalina
It's like a double negative but with ... whatever those words are called [Emphasis added], their name escapes me. It's redundant, that's the point. And I don't think it's just lately, I've seen that several times in supposedly professional writings for a long time. They're trying to be sophisticated and they end up screwing themselves over. *headdesk*

Coordinating conjunctions.

Irregardless, I would also like to add that there is annoying word redundancy and use of double negatives aplenty everywhere in media these days as well.
Test Subject
#143 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 3:41 PM
Wow, I wish the expansion packs were this cool. World Adventures is way worse that what Desination Adventure would be like. I love the boy/girl scouts idea in it. And the epic expansion would just be a fun game on it's own! Has anyone actually thought of sending these to EA? Some of them seem like really good ideas that wouldn't take too long to program and would sell pretty well.
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 26th Nov 2009 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by freelancergal
Irregardless, I would also like to add that there is annoying word redundancy and use of double negatives aplenty everywhere in media these days as well.

I do hope this was meant to be a joke. If not...then um yeah.

Okay I need to get out of here. The bitchiness of this thread has really rubbed off on me.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#145 Old 1st Dec 2009 at 1:22 PM
Nightlife and Pets expansions for TS3 will be very probable, and maybe Superstar or Magic expansions too. But will this conclude the series, or are there other ways to go?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#146 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 5:19 AM
A Review of The Sims 3: Forgotten Age is coming up!
Field Researcher
#147 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrewCat
I do hope this was meant to be a joke. If not...then um yeah.

Okay I need to get out of here. The bitchiness of this thread has really rubbed off on me.

Yes, it was meant to sting your eyes. Hence the winky smiley at the end. I also used "also" and "as well" in the same sentence.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#148 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 6:29 PM Last edited by Angstrom : 28th Jan 2010 at 6:34 AM.
Seems like a new EP is coming up.

Review of The Sims 3: Work/Play
Published in June, 2010

Quote:
The Sims franchise has been on the best-seller lists for nearly a straight decade now, as expansion packs are released at a pace of two per year. The first packs to The Sims 1 just contained a bundle of household items, but the scope has increased over the years, and the Sims have got new careers, neighborhoods and pets.

When The Sims 3 was expanded the first time, in November 2009, EA had raised the bar even more. The Sims 3: World Adventures contained nothing less than China, France and Egypt, and allowed Sims to go into adventure mode.

The Sims 2
had a pack called Free Time, and we were first suspicious that this was simply a rip-off. This comparison is of course unfair. Free Time was much about fixing issues with The Sims 2, such as aging of NPC Sims, and aspiration rewards that decreased needs. The Sims 3 core game already has much better solutions to these problems.

So with this background, what does Work/Play contain? Well, first there is a ton of activities. EA has of course re-used most of the Free Time ideas, such as a basketball hoop, a potter's wheel, a dance barre and a bundle of video games (I personally dislike playing video games in video games, but this is a smorgasbord, we can skip what whe don't want). Other features from the expanded Sims 2 are back with a vengeance. Rock instruments with a whole repertoire to learn, a carpenter's bench which can make furniture, and a massage table that can be used for facials and manicure.

Most of these new objects improve Sims' skills, and the skills have many interesting side effects. Sims high in Logic usually remember important appointments and bill payments. Sims high in Charisma get some really stunning social interactions. The Athletic skill is split into Strength and Endurance. The endurance meter (similar to a need) controls for how long a Sim can run, ride a bicycle or do anything else that takes physical effort. Strong Sims do cleaning and some other activities faster.

Many of the existing Sim traits have been enhanced. Sims who dislike children get a positive moodlet when the lot is "adults only". Among new Sim traits are Bossy, Dyslexic, Exhibitionist, Glutton and Vulgar. Vulgar Sims are much more extreme than Slobs; as a slob might ignore used toilets, spoilt food and other filthy things, vulgar Sims in fact enjoy them, and know how to make other Sims disgusted.

The new neighborhood, Heronville, is located at a river estuary, and highly inspired by the Deep South. An anchored paddle-steamer, porch swings, and radio stations with gospel and country music, provide the right Dixie atmosphere. People in Heronville can of course grow peas, corn, peanuts and rice and cook Southern food.

Work/Play is simply a gumbo of many ingredients which might seem very small by themselves, not to say different from each other, but they blend perfectly together, and provide a completely new taste of Sims.
Scholar
#149 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 7:26 PM
Default Genius! ROFL
These satirical articles are hilarious! Thank you! I was laughing so hard I was afraid I might wet my pants.
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 7:36 PM
<3 lovi it!

~~~ Give me a dream, a wayward symphony ~~~
Locked thread | Locked by: mangaroo Reason: rest in peace, little zombie thread of predictions
Page 6 of 10