Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#301 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 4:36 AM
Grrrrrrrrrrrr I am really ticked off at the stupid edit town. I want to put on lot down and is says there is a lot there already when there isnt!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Advertisement
Inventor
#302 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deeney
Grrrrrrrrrrrr I am really ticked off at the stupid edit town. I want to put on lot down and is says there is a lot there already when there isnt!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I have this issue too. It's driving me absolutely bonkers. Let me know if you figure it out because it is a complete mystery to me how to fix it (if it even CAN be fixed).

"Goonies never say die."
Lab Assistant
#303 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 7:26 AM
This isn't quite a glitch, but it kinda made me go .
So, after playing my simself's family , I decided to go play another family and let story progression take over. When I returned to my simself's house, I found that somehow the daughter, who was the younger of the two kids, had somehow became older than her older brother.
Anybody had that happen before?
Lab Assistant
#304 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ryanhas2dogs
This isn't quite a glitch, but it kinda made me go .
So, after playing my simself's family , I decided to go play another family and let story progression take over. When I returned to my simself's house, I found that somehow the daughter, who was the younger of the two kids, had somehow became older than her older brother.
Anybody had that happen before?

EA Story progression is known to do that. Use Nraas or Awesome story progression to prevent it.
Test Subject
#305 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 9:10 PM
Hahahah the toddler. LOL.
Test Subject
#306 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 9:25 PM
All the day long I wasn't able to normally quit the game, I had to use CTRL ALT DEL and close from there. Tonight I have opened it to discover that the family I'm actually playing, the Alto family in Sunset valley had completely changed their aspect. Nick Alto has turned in a handsome guy with long hair and an Egyptian outfit (the same outfit that townies in Egypt are wearing), while Holly Alto has become even uglier..she got fatter, with short hair and a horrible outfit very EA's style! Editing her in CAS I have found out she is the exact copy of her mother Vita, just with lighter hair and more weight on. The only good thing is that she has lost her silly smile...her fiance, that lives with them, a very beautiful guy, has just changed clothes and hair. The only one who has remained the same is Vita (probably the glitch couldn't make her uglier).
Test Subject
#307 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Laisanae
Mine gets rejected all the time.
Maybe because she blew up the place once...? :D

edit:
This just... scared the living soul out of me.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING! GRAAA!"
Field Researcher
#308 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 10:56 PM
one of my sims had a "friendship" with her car.

i clicked on the relationship panel, and first one listed was her sloppy jaloppy.
i'm considering sending her to counseling
Forum Resident
#309 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by somethingelse

i clicked on the relationship panel, and first one listed was her sloppy jaloppy.

I don't think that's a glitch. One of the patches (I believe related to the Fast Lane stuff pack) added a Vehicle Enthusiast trait along with the ability for Sims to develop relationships and eventually name their preferred vehicles. I guess it's like how people get attached (to varying degrees of emotional investment) to their cars and gadgets.
Forum Resident
#310 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 11:05 PM
Here's a couple.

Firstly... toddler gets their head stuck in a cardboard box.

Also... They don't make saucepans like they used to.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Field Researcher
#311 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 11:08 PM
weird, i dont have fastlanestuff, but it wouldnt surprise me if thats exactly whats up
Test Subject
#312 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by somethingelse

That's a "feature" that comes with Fast Lane Stuff. Lovely, I know. You can get rid of it thanks to Buzzler http://www.modthesims.info/d/419204

Also, to the person who had trouble figuring out what needed cleaning there's two ways to solve that without having to renovate- cheat so one of your sims has the neat trait and use the clean house interaction, or you can use Buzzler's mod http://www.modthesims.info/d/411634. It should fix that moodlet.
Field Researcher
#313 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 1:16 AM Last edited by TMNTForever : 9th Aug 2011 at 3:09 AM. Reason: Sum thingies
Quote by :Laisanae:
For those who are still having nightmares from the Baby of Doom...

The evil had vanished, now cuteness rules!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ohmy gawd it's even worse!

Aaaaah! Aaah! Aaah aaah aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! *Throws crap at demonic baby* *Pukes*

Press Button, Receive Bacon...
Deadly Assassin Ninja...on a tricycle...
Paste this anywhere as an image for funnyness:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgoqvf9uYT1qafrh6.gif
Theorist
#314 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 5:32 PM
Well... the strangest thing happened to my sim last night. She went to the bathroom and when she was finished.... something ported her out of that bathroom. Take a look:

I was like... WTHeck?!?!?!

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#315 Old 10th Aug 2011 at 11:22 PM

Lol. Floating in mid-air.
Inventor
#316 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by severedsolo
Firstly... toddler gets their head stuck in a cardboard box.

Where did you get the cardboard box?
Test Subject
#317 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 5:05 AM
I think I just had a glitch... so I quit without saving. LOL

Anna-Liza had just put her daughter to bed and was coming down the stairs to get on the weight bench when all of a sudden, she just floated up in the air and turned into a white ghost! No Grim Reaper... nothing ... just scary music. In addition to that, she was uncontrollable.

Her lifespan is on Long, so it was nowhere near time for her to bite the dust. I have a bad feeling it has something to do with the mod I just installed (Overwatch) to fix a glitch I had in there before (her teleporting herself out of every bed I told her to sleep three seconds after I told her to. However, she could take naps. Not great when one had a newborn. lol).

I'm scared to go back in the house now.
Theorist
#318 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 3:35 PM
LOL Eldavis!! Something about bathrooms.... hmmm

@Lycoris try taking out the mod and see what happens?

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Field Researcher
#319 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TMNTForever

Aaaaah! Aaah! Aaah aaah aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! *Throws crap at demonic baby* *Pukes*

Hahahaha... oh wait! Are those puppets HP characters? :D

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Test Subject
#320 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 12:06 PM Last edited by xdr0pthebeat : 14th Aug 2011 at 12:32 PM.
I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but sometimes when I load up a family it'll do this & it won't stop. The last time it happened it lasted for three days.

And it's not just on my lot. It's all over town & the spot it's in moves when I move around on there. And when I open another family it's on their's as well. But then it'll randomly go away a few days later.
But I can't remember how to make it stop. Does anyone know how?

And I know it's not cc cause it happened before I ever put any in my game.
Top Secret Researcher
#321 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 12:34 PM
xdr0pthebeat - Looks like a video card issue.

Quote: Originally posted by Giga
I have this issue too. It's driving me absolutely bonkers. Let me know if you figure it out because it is a complete mystery to me how to fix it (if it even CAN be fixed).

Perhaps there is an empty lot there. Try bulldozing the lot to make it empty.
Test Subject
#322 Old 14th Aug 2011 at 2:23 PM
Because some weird adult clothing got put in my toddler/baby wardrobe bin thing, my babies, toddlers, and children all glitch out and look like weird praying mantis things unless i change their clothes. The weird thing is /EVERY SINGLE TIME/ a baby/toddler ages up, it always automatically chooses the glitchy adult clothes, instead of any other normal working clothes. So much for randomization. <.<

Could have sworn i had a picture of it somewhere, apparently I deleted it & i'm too lazy to open up game to ... document this horror.
o_e

It sometimes even gives a similar effect to what xdr0pthebeat's screenshot shows. But not to everyone in the family, just the toddler with the glitchy clothing.
Test Subject
#323 Old 15th Aug 2011 at 8:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lycoris
I think I just had a glitch... so I quit without saving. LOL

Anna-Liza had just put her daughter to bed and was coming down the stairs to get on the weight bench when all of a sudden, she just floated up in the air and turned into a white ghost! No Grim Reaper... nothing ... just scary music. In addition to that, she was uncontrollable.

Her lifespan is on Long, so it was nowhere near time for her to bite the dust. I have a bad feeling it has something to do with the mod I just installed (Overwatch) to fix a glitch I had in there before (her teleporting herself out of every bed I told her to sleep three seconds after I told her to. However, she could take naps. Not great when one had a newborn. lol).

I'm scared to go back in the house now.

Turns out that it probably wasn't a glitch.... lol

Her lifespan was on Long but something told me to check her actual age... which was 225 Sim days. I completely forgot that elder Sims don't have to die at the ending exact age/number of the lifespan. It actually was time for her to die...lol

Now while I want her to die, I need to somehow force a Homeless Sim (Sunny Bakshi?) to move into the house, so there is somewhere there with the newborn. I'm still learning my way around the mods that I have (all of them Twallian's), so I'm completely lost. Any suggestions? :-)
Test Subject
#324 Old 16th Aug 2011 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lycoris
Turns out that it probably wasn't a glitch.... lol

Her lifespan was on Long but something told me to check her actual age... which was 225 Sim days. I completely forgot that elder Sims don't have to die at the ending exact age/number of the lifespan. It actually was time for her to die...lol

Now while I want her to die, I need to somehow force a Homeless Sim (Sunny Bakshi?) to move into the house, so there is somewhere there with the newborn. I'm still learning my way around the mods that I have (all of them Twallian's), so I'm completely lost. Any suggestions? :-)

If you have Master Controller, select Household-->Add Sim, then select the lot where you want the Sim to move. Then it will prompt you to select which Sim you want to move there. From that menu, you can select from the different categories to narrow down which Sim you want to choose, or just click the check/ok and it will give a list of every Sim in your world. Hope that helps
Scholar
#325 Old 17th Aug 2011 at 12:39 AM
This picture. My sims always do this when they're going anywhere in a car. They float while sitting in the air and speed along. XD
And also, once I had a toddler I was creating in CAS and I turned her into a teen. She flailed her arms, which looked like tattered grey cylinders. It was SO freaky, too bad I couldn't get a picture. I was transfixed by the weirdness. Once when I'd just bought the game my sim in CAS glowed bright red. Once I quit and restarted everything was fine, though.
Screenshots

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Page 13 of 16