Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#126 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 4:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
I had a weird glitch. Whenever my Sim bathed his hair became very long. When he stopped bathing it went back to its normal short style.

This probably isn't a glitch. It's a common problem with custom hair. The creators of such hair neglect to select the "nude" category when selecting what outfits it can be used for. Therefore, a different hair is randomly selected for use when your sim is in the shower or bath. There are ways to correct the problem, but it's never bothered me enough to try.

I recall reading another thread detailing how to fix it, so the answers are out there, if you're interested.

Advertisement
Inventor
#127 Old 20th Dec 2010 at 4:47 AM
This is a lady,a messed up lady

Forum Resident
#128 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 1:28 AM
This isn't exactly a glitch but it sure as hell made me laugh.

My Sim FINALLY got a gig at Waylons Haunt (which I placed in Riverview) and headed over to play it. 1 Hour into the 2 Hour Gig the Bartender died of old age. Of course everyone dropped their instruments and ran over to gawp. Then I got a message saying "Waylons Haunt has been voted the quietest bar in town etc. (the oppurtunity text) and <Bartenders Name> is not happy you didn't show up.

2 Things:
1) I did show up, you just decided to die halfway through. Was it really that bad?
2) If it were me, I'd be more worried about being dead.

Severedsolo's Simcredible Mods ALL my mods, including ones that have not made it to MTS yet. LATEST ADDITION - SNEAKING OUT FIX FOR GENERATIONS

Please do not PM me asking for help. Use the Help section.
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gabrielorie
This is a lady,a messed up lady

That looks so much like Boy George.
Test Subject
#130 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 6:14 PM Last edited by CKYRules : 21st Dec 2010 at 10:55 PM.
Ive been having the inventory glitch. My sims a Architectural designer, and he took his car to goto a job, and it got stuck in family inventory. Ive had cc cars and the base game motorcycle got caught in the inventory with out being able to remove them.

if anyone could help that would be appreciated.
Inventor
#131 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JaneeMinx
That looks so much like Boy George.

xD its actually a man i turned into a lady so that should explain a lot to you all
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 21st Dec 2010 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gabrielorie
xD its actually a man i turned into a lady so that should explain a lot to you all

So that wasn't so much a glitch as a funky picture?

In any case, it made me pull out my mom's old Culture Club casettes and listen to them all the way through.
Test Subject
#133 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 2:55 AM
Anyone? Please?
Lab Assistant
#134 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 3:12 AM
My Sims was trapped in the elevator.
The bar closed so everyone was leaving at the same time. Unfortunately, my Sim got stuck in the elevator and I couldn't make him move (I clicked numerous things, even tried to use the reset sim cheat, nothing worked). When he was near starvation I finally got the idea to exit and edit the bar in edit mode. When I went to play again he was resetted back to his house.

Another weird glitch but I am not sure. My Sim was invited to a party and he was talking with a celebrity. Then I get this notification from the party thrower that he was glad that I was leaving and thanks for making his party lame. Er, what?
Lab Assistant
#135 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 3:22 AM Last edited by MasterDarkNinja : 23rd Dec 2010 at 4:04 AM.
Earlier today I was playing my legacy family, I have one sim in the political career, and he invited over two friends.

The two friends show up, my sim invites them inside, and immediately asks one of them for a campaign contribution, but in the middle of talking to friend #1, friend #2 decides to stand on the exact same spot as friend #1, making things look really weird.

As you can see it created a weird half black half white guy with both black and blonde hair, and 10 fingers on each hand.

Edit: OMG, I've found another glitch the same night.

My babysitter got stuck in an infinite loop of constantly picking up the same toddler and putting them back down at the exact same spot! Eventually after like 15 times of being put back down at the same spot she finally stopped and left the kid there.

I'm just lucky the babysitter stopped on her own and I didn't have to wait for the parents to get back from work. I tried to have my kid run away and play with something nearby so they couldn't be picked up, but it didn't work, they got picked up again before they could move a step, even if I ordered them to play before the babysitter started to pick them up.

My babysitters keep on getting worse and worse. >_>

The previous sim day my same baby sitter ignored a kid for 2+ hours that woke up starving and screamed their head off. That same day the babysitter was also more interested in talking to the maid then putting the other toddler to bed who was sitting right behind her screaming her head off because she was exhausted (energy bar almost completely red).

I hate babysitters in the Sims 3.
Inventor
#136 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 5:24 AM
One of the babysitters has left Annie Songs child outdoors time after time and the infant has a hates the outdoors trait. I wonder if it think its helping the infant devolop the trait? I finally made Annie quit her job to finish the infant stage, and it aged up twice and is now a child. So I made her get her job again.
Field Researcher
#137 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 10:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MasterDarkNinja
I hate babysitters in the Sims 3.

I got around that by having my adult parent sim befriend an elderly neighbor and had him ask her to move in

Voila! instant babysitter that I can control

(Might work for you )
Instructor
#138 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 12:52 PM
My first thought:
Sims don't care about traffic laws.

My second:

Test Subject
#139 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VampireSim
My first thought:
Sims don't care about traffic laws.

My second:

It´s a Limo !!!

A weird Lemo
Scholar
#140 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 10:15 PM
I miss the butler XD
I have a glitch where the car is a friend...I really should take a picture.
Alchemist
#141 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 10:43 PM Last edited by Beccapixie10 : 23rd Dec 2010 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Oops
^That's not a glitch, that's a 'feature' of Late Night Fast Lane Stuff.
Scholar
#142 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 11:24 PM
But I don't HAVE Late Night XD
I do have the most recent patch though, could that be it? Because I have the breast/muscle def. sliders.
Alchemist
#143 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 11:54 PM
...Oops. I meant Fast Lane Stuff, not Late Night. >__<

Also, not sure if it's a glitch or what, but a teen Sim of mine keeps getting wishes to flirt with and/or kiss his mother.
Field Researcher
#144 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 11:55 PM
It came with the patch...I thought you had to be a vehicle enthusist to get friends with car, but my most recent who doesn't have that is friends with his car. Just have to drive it enough. His car is going to be upset because he gave it to his new wife and is using his motorcycle for his transportation.

If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly
Scholar
#145 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 4:11 AM
Well, I don't have Fast Lane Stuff either, lol.
Thanks for the info, I do have a mutant baby glitch though. They're fine when they're toddlers+, but when they're babies their skins is odd and they have a dent in their head XD
Test Subject
#146 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 5:02 AM
I've about 90% of these glitches happen to me, too.
But I've had TWO strange ones happen to me within the last few days, have these happened to anyone else?

1.) I had my sim go out an collect rocks from simhenge to earn her some extra cash. When she came back home, I had her get them cut via mailbox. I waited a few sims days and they never came! However, the book that she wrote came in to the mail, but she finished that book about 2 days later. I'm assuming that her jewels just went into oblivion!

2.) I created a new sim, and moved her onto a lot. The lot was infested with rocks and butterflies! They seriously consumed the whole yard! Not only that, but they were all RARE rocks and butterflies! Even ones I had never seen before ( such as the rainbow butterfly ). They were everywhere, and would continue to spawn about 5 butterfly groups at a time and about 3 rocks at a time.
Scholar
#147 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 5:29 AM
Wow, I wish I could see a screenie of your second glitch hollythebee!
Could you collect them?
Theorist
#148 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hollythebee
I created a new sim, and moved her onto a lot. The lot was infested with rocks and butterflies! They seriously consumed the whole yard! Not only that, but they were all RARE rocks and butterflies! Even ones I had never seen before ( such as the rainbow butterfly ). They were everywhere, and would continue to spawn about 5 butterfly groups at a time and about 3 rocks at a time.

Yeah. This is a bug that has been around a while, and is probably on EA's 'when hell freezes over' list, inhabiting the same space as error 12.
I have a few lots that have an extreme amount of butterflies and rocks on them, and even when I delete the spawners, there are more underneath it. And they respawn automatically so I just accepted it, luckily they appear to be in park areas and such so it saved me some landscaping I suppose.
One particular lot can take like 4 minutes to enter buy mode because of all the crap on it.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#149 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hollythebee

2.) I created a new sim, and moved her onto a lot. The lot was infested with rocks and butterflies! They seriously consumed the whole yard! Not only that, but they were all RARE rocks and butterflies! Even ones I had never seen before ( such as the rainbow butterfly ). They were everywhere, and would continue to spawn about 5 butterfly groups at a time and about 3 rocks at a time.

I had the same thing happen with a house I downloaded. After a few sim days of play, the yard was covered in insects and the game was lagging. When I looked in build/buy, the spawners were in some cases 4 deep. I deleted the excess spawners and you can also catch the excess bugs. Someone on another forum mentioned that the spawners seem to multiply when you rotate a lot when you're trying to place it. I had rotated it several times, but I haven't done any other experiments. I've been playing that lot for a while and it seems fine now.
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 24th Dec 2010 at 6:29 PM
I wish I could get that collecting glitch! Mine are all the annoying kind.
The most frequent (nearly every game, at some point) is when I have a sim doing something on the second floor of their house, and while walking they sink through the floor to the ground level! Sometimes it loops, and I have to cancel the second-floor action to make the sim stop going upstairs to fall through the floor.

It's like a Lionel Ritchie song.
Page 6 of 16