Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 9:34 PM
So lets see there is deer, raccoons, skunks, cats, dogs, horses, and pet fish. Looks like there might be a snake for snake lovers.. Hopefully its not just a statue like thing, I don't like snakes but it seems unfair to torment the people with a statue.. So the fish has a trait? Likes to swim? Does that mean you can have a fish with a trait doesn't like to swim.. so what does it do just kind float there? lol
Looks like I'm going to have to be chasing raccoons from my garbage again... wasn't that in unleashed? Lol poor stupid dog... So dogs and sims can play fetch with a frisbee. (totally spelled that wrong.. thats sad) The cat wants the fish.... that was cute.. Horses are awesome.. Great if you wanted a rural type world... Deer are pretty cool to.. Now I'm just rattling off.. I'm pretty sure this is real...
But if it wasn't some one has way to much time on there hands... but I highly doubt it..
I wonder if you could change the colors on the horse. I wonder if breeding is any good... and how many pets you can have on a lot.. Maybe that will be the same as the sims 2.
Advertisement
Theorist
#52 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 9:39 PM
I think we've established that this is probably real and also coming to the PC but is anyone else worried that the PC version might be different? The console version has gotten different features before...

Hi I'm Paul!
Banned
#53 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 9:41 PM
Let's not forget it's EA we're talking about... there's gotta be hook here somewhere...
Test Subject
#54 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 9:43 PM
Omg I can't wait for this... I hope its real.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 9:46 PM
Still showing ton utube here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxSQaJMqQHo
Inventor
#56 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 9:47 PM
I AM SO HAPPY.
This better be real. I've been waiting for pets! And horses!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 9:47 PM
Have play by play description if anyone wants it and cannot see video. Just let me know.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 9:57 PM
It better not be a stand alone game for the pc... They'd be stupid not to make it an expansion and then just stand alone games for consoles.. After all we have the sims 2 pets expansion.. and then we have the stand alone type games, the sims 2 pets for ps2 and ds.. So there's no reason why they couldn't make it that way.
Inventor
#59 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 9:59 PM
The animals look very cartoonish.

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Field Researcher
#60 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 10:00 PM
*Flails around in a circle*

This is... just... a lot of the stuff I was hoping for when it came to them adding animals

*kerplodes into a million rainbows*
Test Subject
#61 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 10:13 PM
Oh God, I cannot wait.
Alchemist
#62 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 10:14 PM
I hope it's real! *exited- falls down chair and gets up -exited*

Thanks for the working vid, katya!

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#63 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 11:05 PM
I AM excited about generations now, the addition of what looks like a camcorder so that things can be filmed seems like a no brainer but it looks fun, and the college type parties and new car look fun. I didnt see anything that looked like pets and my feelings about pets are probably famous. The video says its blocked based on copywrite and I am glad. I think some people at Second Life got ahold of some pets code from EA or somewhere else that is twisted and sick. The animals lerches and look very much like a cat some bullies in my neighborhood tied up and put on a fire when I was a child. I am glad they are being agressive about their code as the FREE java code is much better but the pet is just a follower. IE the free one follows you like its always on a leash and the EA code the pet plays fetch.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 11:20 PM
Wow!!!!!! Oh please be real, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!
Scholar
#65 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 11:30 PM Last edited by ebec17 : 12th Mar 2011 at 12:27 AM.
Yes! I'm just excited I got to see the Unleashed video before they're all shut down!
Is there any Generation vids still up?

Edit: Found a Generations one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZFOV4soM34
Instructor
#66 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 12:01 AM
I am going to PRAY and I mean legit PRAY to every saint in the bible that The sims 3 Unleashed IS real and that there WILL be horses in that EP.
Mad Poster
#67 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 12:52 AM
^ That is a LOT of saints.

And it is real. Not faked. Who could do all that and make it look legit with the official sounds and everything? The early TS3 trailers didn't have the same logo TS3 did at release.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Field Researcher
#68 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 2:26 AM
^^^^ I agree, DitigalSympathies... it would be very hard to fake all that.

The Generations trailer does not make the game look interesting at all. Okay, the Sim parties, gains and loses weight. Yippee, but we already have those abilities as it is. The only new thing I saw was the cutting of the wedding cake.
Test Subject
#69 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 2:37 AM
I think it looks great! I loved the TS1 Unleashed, but I was never able to get Pets since my computer could barely handle University and Nightlife. I'm wondering if Unleashed is just a placeholder title since it's not being released until October, and it doesn't seem that EA meant to release a trailer this early. Though I'm not sure why they would make a trailer right now in the first place if that were the case.
Lab Assistant
#70 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 2:39 AM
:wanders in:

I go to sleep for a few hours and the simming world goes BOOM.

o.O

BUT!

YAY, KITTIE KATS!!! Hmm. Wonder if there's gonna be kittens and puppies with a full breeding system?
Theorist
#71 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 3:07 AM
Wow! There may be hope for TS3. Overwhelmed with awesome right now!

I actually like the look of the animals, way better than I expected. They don't look creepy or anything, at least in daylight. Heck, they may look better than the sims themselves. I'm surprised that EA is reusing the Unleashed title, EA seems to be confident that overall the players will like this as much as TS1 Unleashed. Looks better than TS2 Pets at least. I'm glad that it's not strictly about pets this time just like how the original Unleashed wasn't either. I wonder how horseback riding will work (BTW I'm surprised that it's in this but not Medieval)? I'm guessing it won't be that great unless you place the horses on a huge lot. I noticed in the shot with the raccoons, the sim is walking the dog with a leash. Thank goodness EA thought of that. This trailer seemed to be more of a teaser since it's shorter than the Generations trailer and doesn't say much more than "Yay! Pets are back and they have traits! And we're also adding wildlife!"

I seriously doubt that this is a spin-off. We're already getting Medieval this year. If EA makes another one I think it will be another time period themed game. Having three different sims spin-offs would be too much to market all at once. Not to mention that's oversaturating, Guitar Hero style. At least Activision has now learned from that. With the lack of a logo thing, it may be that it's not finalized yet so they may have decided not to show it.

I find it humorous how they used "Animals" by Neon Trees as the background music. I see what you did there EA.
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 3:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by secretsim

The Generations trailer does not make the game look interesting at all. Okay, the Sim parties, gains and loses weight. Yippee, but we already have those abilities as it is. The only new thing I saw was the cutting of the wedding cake.

I actually loved the way the kids looked like they actually had something to do - since I play families, that was extremely exciting to me...something I've been waiting for since the begining of TS3. So it looks pretty interesting if you look at it from a family-interaction craving point of view.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 3:36 AM Last edited by lewisb40 : 12th Mar 2011 at 4:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
I wonder how horseback riding will work (BTW I'm surprised that it's in this but not Medieval)? I'm guessing it won't be that great unless you place the horses on a huge lot.

You may be right and finally I can see myself playing a lot on a 60x60 swatch of land. It will not be all house, but have stables and a hugh amount of real estate to roam on. Also want the lot to attract the dear and even the raccoons. Got to have pests at some point.

I know I am getting ahead of myself here, but we all are. I know that Unleashed cannot be finished, and those pets are not in the final stages. So yes, it will look funny for now, but I know for sure that it will be improved before release date. At least EA does believe in aesthetics, even if it doesn't believe in fluid gameplay. :D

EDIT: For those that didn't see the videos yet, MySims3Blog have downloaded them and embeded them in the post.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Scholar
#74 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 4:15 AM
Jeez! I'm gone for a couple of days and I come back to find two more (rumored?) expansion packs in the works?

Well, I was able to see both trailers before they were deleted. So we have an Unleashed one, which so far looks lust like pets (really hoping they'd combine it with seasons). I love animals in my Sim games, however I do hope they have other stuff too. Sims 2 Pets bored me because all we got were cats and dogs. Sims 1 Unleashed on the other hand gave us a huge range of important and useful things; like a larger town, crops, great new building/furniture sets (love New Orleans), spiral staircases and other shopping opportunities.

I do think the graphics for Unleashed look a little unpolished, but I'd say this trailer was a preview/draft of what to expect. The released edition will probably look a lot better.

Generations kind of reminds me of Free Time. Some nice stuff enough to get me to buy it, but not any notable gameplay additions. Tree houses, stuff for kids, pranks, chest hair, activities, video camera. Not too bad, actually. But of course, it's too soon for me to properly judge.

So I guess the point is...OMGHORSESOMGOMGOMG! ^_^ ^_^
#75 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 4:21 AM
I don't play sims 3 (i'll probably play it when all eps are released and i have a computer with a terabyte on it just to run it all, but i've watched the trailers for most of these so far and pets looks genuine enough. It's nice that you'll be able to add traits to them as well if thats what it means. What would be really funny is if they added a deer stampede thing to bridgeport (late night one?) so that they'll show up randomly but not all the time because it's a more urban area. Wonder if you'll be able to domesticate the raccoons?

I know it hasnt been done before but why wouldn't EA just make Generations a SP from the trailer i didnt see anything that maybe isnt in there already that adds functions and just let Unleashed be the next Ep? I guess we just have to wait till the official announcement to know exactly what generations is adding that makes it worthy of a EP distinction.

But as someone who has never played sims 3 i'm totally talking out of my area here.
Page 3 of 18