Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#351 Old 25th May 2011 at 8:32 AM
I'm very keen on finding out all about what we can do with the horses. I hope horses can be ridden anywhere, not just on whatever lot they're placed at. I'm guessing we can if they're controllable like the cats and dogs will. It would be cool if horses could be kept on a ranch community lot too. I already know I want one of my sims to be an avid horseback rider but she lives in the city part of my world. Hopefully if horses are kept in a stable it won't be a rabbithole. If done right I think I may be just as excited about the introduction of horses as I am about finally having cats and dogs back.

I hope we get entire categories in buydebug for wildlife spawners. Maybe one for animals and one for birds. It would be great if we get some exotic species for those of us who don't play in American-type worlds, or even for livening up the WA destinations.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#352 Old 25th May 2011 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fraroc
So this is basically confirmation!!! YES!! Horses are confirmed! This is a sign that EA actually cares about the fans and not just about money.

they would paint the horses in shades of green if it werent too offensive.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Mad Poster
#353 Old 25th May 2011 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
I'm very keen on finding out all about what we can do with the horses. I hope horses can be ridden anywhere, not just on whatever lot they're placed at. I'm guessing we can if they're controllable like the cats and dogs will. It would be cool if horses could be kept on a ranch community lot too. I already know I want one of my sims to be an avid horseback rider but she lives in the city part of my world. Hopefully if horses are kept in a stable it won't be a rabbithole. If done right I think I may be just as excited about the introduction of horses as I am about finally having cats and dogs back.

I hope we get entire categories in buydebug for wildlife spawners. Maybe one for animals and one for birds. It would be great if we get some exotic species for those of us who don't play in American-type worlds, or even for livening up the WA destinations.

I really want to have stables, so hopefully I can construct one for the horses my sim own. Even better if you can keep them on a community lot, we owned horses also living in a city. The stable was in an unincorporate area of town, so we had to go there to visit and see about them.

Great idea of having wildlife spawners. I would really enjoy that, love to have deer and other wildlife visit my lots. That one park in Riverview that's woodsy would be perfect for wildlife spawners.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Forum Resident
#354 Old 25th May 2011 at 3:44 PM
Seems to me that if we have animals which are fully controllable by the players, then it would be pretty stupid to make the stables environment into a rabbit hole. After all, what's the point of having playable animals if you can't play them when they're in their normal housing? That would be like making the sims' houses into rabbit holes, wouldn't it?
Field Researcher
#355 Old 25th May 2011 at 4:03 PM
I'm just hoping we can have more than one horse...

You can find video previews of ALL my uploads on my YouTube Channel.
Keep updated, and follow me on Twitter! You´ll get the most recent news and goss when I´m making custom content!
---- Have Fun With My Uploads! ----
Alchemist
#356 Old 25th May 2011 at 4:51 PM
Wouldn't it be a nice feature if Sims could train young racoons/ racoon babies and keep them as pet?

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#357 Old 26th May 2011 at 8:37 PM
http://www.simprograms.com/?s=sims+3+unleashed
Small interview and if you scroll down... an interesting picture..
Scholar
#358 Old 26th May 2011 at 9:44 PM
I reaaaaaally hope they have rabbits, or some other small furry animal like a guinea pig.
I will be upset if they don't, though I'll still buy it because I love cats.
Top Secret Researcher
#359 Old 26th May 2011 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JackJess
I'm just hoping we can have more than one horse...

I'm fine with one horse... As long as there are sufficient genetic sliders available to procreate a wide variety of them.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Forum Resident
#360 Old 26th May 2011 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kristie91
http://www.simprograms.com/?s=sims+3+unleashed
Small interview and if you scroll down... an interesting picture..

i havent read this thread lately, so THANK you :lovestruc

"PC/Mac version contains dogs, cats and also horses. Horses are new in the game, and we are really excited about it."

as a pc player, i'm very happy about this.

"BB: Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Nintendo 3DS games are standalone games and do not need The Sims 3 to work. PC/Mac version, however, need The Sims 3 to work."

again, VERY happy to know this will be an expansion for us pc players, and not a stand-alone type of game!
Scholar
#361 Old 27th May 2011 at 12:40 AM
I am excited for this EP. I didn't think I would be so much for a pets EP, considering how underwhelming The Sims 2 Pets was. However, this one looks great. Controllable pets sounds interesting, and horses... We get horses in the PC version, it's confirmed!

Looks like there might finally be an EP worth purchasing. :D

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Instructor
#362 Old 27th May 2011 at 2:17 AM
Horses sets it for me. I hope that EA hasn't gone all digital by then, or I won't be getting it at all.

I am an Angel who has tamed the Dragon. For I am NOT crunchy, NOR good with ketchup!
Mad Poster
#363 Old 27th May 2011 at 3:01 AM
Forget Generations; I want this one! XD

I wonder if they'll have obsessive compulsive as a trait (yes I'm looking at you dog with the obsessive floor licking). Ooh, I wonder if they'll have carriages etc. that horses can pull.

*jumps up and down in seat impatiently*
Inventor
#364 Old 27th May 2011 at 3:04 AM
I'm SOOOOO happy about this! I can finally have my Fireheart in TS3! 8D
And I wonder if modding pets will be easier in TS3? I have high hopes for this.
So glad this is going to be an EP. Digital or not, I'm totally getting this.
Test Subject
#365 Old 27th May 2011 at 5:14 AM
I saw this a while ago, I"m already excited for it! Only thing is though I've got a Toshiba laptop and it's only got 4gb of memory. I've already got ambitions and WA and soon going to have generations. I'm not sure if my laptop can hold Pets..
Instructor
#366 Old 28th May 2011 at 7:39 AM
I thought this was fake? I'm too excited about generations to be thinking about pets (Y)
Lab Assistant
#367 Old 28th May 2011 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dreamer32910
I saw this a while ago, I"m already excited for it! Only thing is though I've got a Toshiba laptop and it's only got 4gb of memory. I've already got ambitions and WA and soon going to have generations. I'm not sure if my laptop can hold Pets..

4GB of memory is fine, it is your hard-drive space that will be filling up as you add games. I doubt that a laptop capable of running Sims 3 would only have a 4GB hard-drive.
Test Subject
#368 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 2:54 AM
Okay so it's definitely real. And I can't be more excited about the horses and stray wild animals, like the raccoons and skunks and deer. This game keeps pulling me back in...
Mad Poster
#369 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 3:05 PM
The GameplayData file that came with the 1.22 update already has stuff added in on the pets. Like this, or similar: <AgeSpeciesAvailable> and then it has a comment giving the valid entries: Human, Horse, Cat, Dog, LittleDog. There are no other animals available, at least not that I've seen.

If the horses, cats and dogs are the only pets available in the released EP it isn't really enough; although it's very cool if there are actually wild animals like the skunk and deer shown in the vid.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Test Subject
#370 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 3:48 PM
nice :D
Mad Poster
#371 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
The GameplayData file that came with the 1.22 update already has stuff added in on the pets. Like this, or similar: <AgeSpeciesAvailable> and then it has a comment giving the valid entries: Human, Horse, Cat, Dog, LittleDog. There are no other animals available, at least not that I've seen.

If the horses, cats and dogs are the only pets available in the released EP it isn't really enough; although it's very cool if there are actually wild animals like the skunk and deer shown in the vid.

Small Dog? Could that be one of those lap dogs from AL?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#372 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 4:25 PM
I am sooooooooooooo excited I really want bunnies, guinea pigs, other small animals too though.
Inventor
#373 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 9:34 PM
It's possible that other smaller pets could be in the EP, only as objects. Lame, I know, but still.
Theorist
#374 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Small Dog? Could that be one of those lap dogs from AL?

Remember that TS2 pets had large/small dogs too (and the dog from AL was an object...)

Hi I'm Paul!
Test Subject
#375 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mickeymouse254
The Sims 3 Unleashed trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_-Z...feature=related
Dogs, Cats, Horses, Skunks, deer, fish! An entire animal expansion! This October! This is the first expansion that im REALLLLYYY excited for! And I think it looks awesome! I like it when expansions affect sims everyday lives. Cant wait to make sim versions of my pets !

Im right there with you! i loved the pets expansion. My family can now be complete! (In october of course =D)
Page 15 of 18