Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#376 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 8:08 PM
Hmm, maybe the skunks and deer are just going to be some kind of 'wildlife' spawner that you can't collect? I know that sounds lame but then again this is EA...
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#377 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 1:06 PM
Have we all seen the new trailer? It was just announced on The Sims 3 UK Facebook page. Looks awesome! http://youtu.be/BHFMTB3f4V8
Theorist
#378 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 1:11 PM
Looks like there's going to be new CAS stuff and not just pets. There's a girl wearing cat slippers!

Horses can jump over hurdles! And cats can eat fish! Also, something extremely awesome happens at the end. You'll love it, trust me.

The song is Stay Too Long by Plan B. Never heard of Plan B, but it's a good song.

My only disappointment is that it's just called "Pets." Wait, where's the wild animals from the leaked trailer? Hopefully they're not scrapped.
Forum Resident
#379 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 1:34 PM
I love the new trailer! Finally people won't be saying "FAKE!!" anymore! I really hope we get a new rural neighbourhood with a horse ranch, like the one in the video!

Random Screenshot Time! :D

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Lab Assistant
#380 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 1:38 PM
Love the new trailer. Really adds a lot more personality to the game and the animals than what we saw before.

But I am a little upset to see that once again there does only seem to be two sizes of dog (Don't get me wrong, I understand why they do it to make it easier to animate and such) but still, and they're all proportionate (Again, I get why they do it) and I would only ever have a dog like that in real life, but people out there do like exaggerated dogs like bulldogs and daschunds. It's a shame. (Though I did see a pug, so maybe we can get the brachycephalic faces?) I hope someone may mod a slider for pet height and length like they did with sim height, even if the animations wont fit nicely it'd still be good. Who knows, maybe it's in the game and they're just not showing it off that much in the trailers?

And the hair on that howling dog? Wow, you could see the strands, I do hope it blends better with the head, but who the heck cares really? We get pets!!!

But still, Grim rides a horse! Hell yeah, hell steed!

Edit: Thought I'd add that I love the dog sleeping - mostly because whilst watching the trailer I turned to look at my little guy on the desk next to me (He thinks he's a cat...) He was laying the same way. (It was a good reminder that I really need to call the vet and book his neutering in )

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Rubric Wrangler
#381 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 1:40 PM
AAAAHHHH! So excited! :D

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Forum Resident
#382 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 1:43 PM
That white cat with the zebra stripes hissing at the bath is so cute.

Anyways, I think it's kind of lame that they called it "Pets" since that's what TS2 version was called. Meh, oh well.
Theorist
#383 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 1:46 PM
Check out the press release here: http://www.simprograms.com/30851/th...ts-announced-2/

So horses seem to be everything that I was hoping for! We can ride them around town, and there's a ranch! YES! We're supposed to be able to race them too. I wonder if we can see them race, or if it's just inside the stadium rabbithole.

If we pre-order, we get an exclusive pet shop. By the sounds of it, it's not a rabbithole. Thank goodness.

I hope that finally pets can come on vacation with our sims. It looks like EA is really making a bigger effort to integrate pets into their lives with the ability to have guard dogs and help you bury stuff.

Edit:
More info! Pets have skills, and you can place a register to make your own pet store! http://simsvip.com/?p=1819
Forum Resident
#384 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 1:56 PM
Wow, that's so cool! :O We'll be able to play AS our pets!
Instructor
#385 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 2:43 PM
The new trailer looks great, I can't wait!

I love how your sims can actually ride horses now! And how it seems different kinds of animals can sort of.. Interact and have a relationship, as it looked from one part where the Horse was sort of interacting with the Cat.. It looks really good, all we need now is seasons :D
Forum Resident
#386 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 2:49 PM
Yay! I wish they had given a date, but that's okay. It's probably October.

Anyway, can't wait to see more of what this one will be like. It looks like they were in a new world, too. Unless it's Riverview and I don't recognize it because I haven't played that world much.

The best part of the trailer was the ending though. That was pretty amazing. And it looks like you might be able to use dogs as burgler alarms. That'll be cool.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Scholar
#387 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 2:50 PM
OMG! This is awesome!

We even get to create our own open pet stores? Wow! ^_^

Now this EP is a step in the right direction.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Mad Poster
#388 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 3:11 PM
Only in the Limited Edition. I mean... really EA

I understand giving incentive, but this is a little much.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#389 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Only in the Limited Edition. I mean... really EA

I understand giving incentive, but this is a little much.

Are we really clear on that yet?

I suppose it really looks that way. Hopefully this "limited edition" won't cost too much more. =/

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
Mad Poster
#390 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 3:51 PM
Or be hard to find. Pet shops are a VERY important part of the EP.
I'd rather the breeds be exclusive.

Actually, nothing at all. -____-

Forum Resident
#391 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 4:03 PM
I suspect the pre-built lot is probably in the limited edition but buydebug will have a pet-store register so you can build your own lot. That's what I hope anyway.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Lab Assistant
#392 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 4:09 PM
Well, Pets will be EP 5, which means, if EA sticks to 7 EP's, Fall 2012 will see the end of Sims 3. Then again, they gave us an 8th EP on TS1 & TS2, so it might go to Spring 2013. Which makes more sense, marketing wise. That way Sims 4 could roll out in Fall 2013.

Sky Marshal Skittles to the rescue!

Causing havoc here at MTS since 2004
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#393 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 4:11 PM
I hope the skunks, racoons and deer arent excluded, along with the "object" pets. But so far it looks AMAZING!
Mad Poster
#394 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NekoCat
I suspect the pre-built lot is probably in the limited edition but buydebug will have a pet-store register so you can build your own lot. That's what I hope anyway.

From what I see here: http://www.simprograms.com/30898/th...pcmac/#comments

It says: Give your Sims and their pets an exclusive pet store venue or create your own custom pet store by placing a pet store register on a community lot and building as you like.

From what I can see, it could mean 2 things:

-The Venue itself is exclusive (maybe even the lot type), as well as the items in the picture but the register comes with the game - which is stupid.

-They cut a major part of the game to be limited to a few thousand copies (which will be jacked up about 10 bucks) compared to millions of other games.

I swear, EA does something right, then they mess it up. -_-

Forum Resident
#395 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 4:51 PM
i'm looking forward to seeing a horse doing his thing in my sims backyard!
will be more view worthy then a pool..
making my sim work hard for its money will be a bit more interesting now, imo.

the new interactions/animations are looking like so much fun, i cant wait!!
Scholar
#396 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 5:23 PM
The video has been posted by several US FB fans also. Considering there is no "official" announcement on the "official" EA sites, I still consider it rumor.
Scholar
#397 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 5:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cameranutz2
The video has been posted by several US FB fans also. Considering there is no "official" announcement on the "official" EA sites, I still consider it rumor.

It is 100% official.

TheSims on YouTube has uploaded the trailer. The Sims 3 Twitter account linked to it. The stores are letting your preorder it and EA.com's main page is advertising it.

I don't know how you could take it as a mere rumor.

Forum Resident
#398 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 7:24 PM
I got that video from The Sims 3 UK FB page, which you can see here: http://www.facebook.com/thesims3uk
So yeah, pretty official!
Test Subject
#399 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 9:11 PM
Why are the graphics so bad in this game?! My god. It makes me not even want to play the darn thing. Can somebody send me some "cute" sims to make me enthusiastic about the game. Thanks
Mad Poster
#400 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 9:27 PM
You can preorder the Sims 3 Pets here -> Preorder

(Of course, I will be using my usual route...amazon. I get more gift cards for them.)
Page 16 of 18