Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#76 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 4:23 AM
I think the two trailers seem unfinished. With the pets one I do have to say it's waaay to early to say that is the final version, but do remember EA has replaced lots before to show off new features in the old worlds (remember the Ambitions trailer, where the firehouse was on the Police Station lot in Riverview ). However, did anybody notice that the two trailers both start off with the same house? Seems really odd to me.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#77 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 4:51 AM
I don't know. I think they are real games, but the question is, is Unleased going to be a stand alone game, or an EP. I wasn't crazy about pets in the sims 2. It was actually the only EP I uninstalled in my game. The only thing I saw of interest is the horse. If it had a horse, i'll buy it. Hell, I buy all the ep's, just so i can have the extra social interactions. It's funny, i'm an animal lover, but i don't like dogs or cats in my sims 2 game. kind of bizarre.
Also, I do think it's a bit weird that they have two different 'ep' videos. Generations and Pets? Are they one and the same? I didn't see anything in the Generation video that screamed 'buy me for 50 bucks!'. Only time will tell when EA releases a statement.

And doesn't October seem a bit far away for a new ep?? Shouldn't one be coming out around August or September?
Test Subject
#78 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 5:02 AM
Generations is going to be May (I believe the tenth but can't remember). The release date is on the ESRB site already, along with the rating for the game.
Test Subject
#79 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 7:37 AM
I don't even know what to say but omgomgomg!!!!
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kristie91
So the fish has a trait? Likes to swim? Does that mean you can have a fish with a trait doesn't like to swim.. so what does it do just kind float there? lol

I believe the traits are being applied to the cat who is watching the fish. After all, it has the name Fluffy, and who would name a fish that?
Test Subject
#81 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 8:12 AM Last edited by Coby90 : 12th Mar 2011 at 8:41 AM.
Dang it EA, just when I'm about to call it quits with the Sims 3... they rope me back in.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#82 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 9:14 AM
Fake. Although the return of pets should not come as any great surprise, seeing as they were already in the base game code and were intentionally cut so that they could be resold separately.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
#83 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Fake. Although the return of pets should not come as any great surprise, seeing as they were already in the base game code and were intentionally cut so that they could be resold separately.

I'm pretty sure it's not a fake. First why would EA claim copyright on a fake trailer? Second didn't HystericalParoxysm say something about the account that posted it being an EA Games Australia account. I don't know, looks to good to be a fake to me...
Mad Poster
#84 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 10:16 AM
I can finally make my self-sim, crazy cat lady and all!

With Generations, the only thing that got me excited was the walking stick the old guy had.
Field Researcher
#85 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 11:04 AM
Maybe we've heard nothing about Generations as EA may not have made up their mind yet.
Or maybe they heard some of us talking saying how we're not too sure it will be all that good.
One thing's for sure, they've regained some credibility by giving their audience pets.
And just so we're sure: We HAVE established it's legitimately a real expansion pack, right? I mean, how could you fake horses?!
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 11:28 AM
Oh I so much hope this to be true. As a person who's spend her whole life surrounded by pets, I can't really enjoy Sims to the fullest without animals in it. All my families and households seem to miss something - but if and when pets return, it's finally going to change. I'm not even picky about how the pets should look and which pets the EP should have!
Sockpuppet
#87 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 11:47 AM
Damn, again another boring EP.

I hope weather/seasons EP will be 6th.
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Coby90
I'm pretty sure it's not a fake. First why would EA claim copyright on a fake trailer? Second didn't HystericalParoxysm say something about the account that posted it being an EA Games Australia account. I don't know, looks to good to be a fake to me...

Its fake until we have the disc on our hands :D
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 12:23 PM
Hmm... the dogs once again kind of looked like they were either big or small again. Hopefully it was jsut the ones they chose and showed and there is more of a size and height choice and more in the way of body shapes then what they showed also.

Though horses and walking dogs on leash (By the looks of it) make me really hope this is an actual EP for the pc version and not some spin-off or something else entirely. (And I hope that they improve the pet graphics a little bit, the dogs looked like they were made of rubber which really only works if you want a Mexican hairless)

not indorsed by Hypno toad... all hail Hypno toad @_@
Field Researcher
#90 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 12:25 PM
i SO hope this isn't fake. I've become a little bored of the game recently and this is just what i need to start playing it a lot again.

I'm cooler than cool! I'm stupid!
Test Subject
#91 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 1:07 PM
I never had Pets on Sims 2 only Sims 2 Pets Life Stories (spoiler warning: it totally sucked) so perhaps you guys could clue me in. Could sims still have dogs or cats when they lived in appartments?

I also wonder what will happen in Unleashed when a sims go on vaccation or even just to work etc. a little less furniture destroying from the pets would be nice.

Also where can you take your pets, for dogs is it just going to be a click on them and select 'Walk to Park' or will you be able to take them to other lots etc.

With the horses will there be stables, will just anyone be able to ride a horse. I really hope that children will be able to ride horses!
Forum Resident
#92 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 2:37 PM
OH MIIIIII GAAAAWWD!!!

Pets! Finally! I have never been so exicted for a Sims 3 Expansion/Console/Whatever type of Sims game it will be! And I'm one of those people who really believes this can be an expansion!

P.S Horses!

~ Guysim's Behance Profile ~

"When This baby goes 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious !*@#"
- Doctor Emment Brown A.K.A Doc, Back To The Future
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#93 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Coby90
They claimed copyright because it *IS* fake, and they wanted the fake eliminated, obviously. That, or they are utterly confused, like the time Viacom(?) demanded the removal of Youtubes that their own marketing department had posted. Although it's still fake. You can't have a video of something that doesn't actually exist.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Instructor
#94 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 4:58 PM
Viacom is a different matter.

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/20...157129550.shtml

Its a shitstorm of U mad and butthurt.

But yes, EA would want to pull down fake trailers of non-existing products as it would create confusion.
Field Researcher
#95 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 5:06 PM Last edited by TrivialSim : 12th Mar 2011 at 5:10 PM. Reason: So I don't look that stupid :\
HEY EVERYONE!
Is it just me or has that video from the link on the first post just been removed?
I cliked it and the video was gone! Maybe a leaked trailer or something or EA take back what they said?
Or at least, it is on YouTube from some other people, but it seems the Austrailian Electronic Arts has withdreew their video :\
Someone do explain what's going on about this unconfirmed EP?
Theorist
#96 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
They claimed copyright because it *IS* fake, and they wanted the fake eliminated, obviously. That, or they are utterly confused, like the time Viacom(?) demanded the removal of Youtubes that their own marketing department had posted. Although it's still fake. You can't have a video of something that doesn't actually exist.

I mean this in the nicest way possible but your attempts to be "funny" or whatever make me want to gouge my eyes out!

Hi I'm Paul!
Top Secret Researcher
#97 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TrivialSim
Someone do explain what's going on about this unconfirmed EP?

They leaked it as a promotional stunt and then took it down. Now we are all talking about it, passing around the videos, etc. Maybe they think hinting at a pets EP will make people complain less about Generations, which is neither pets or weather. Had the just leaked the Generations one we would still see a lot of complaints here. On the other hand, we now see a lot of excited people!
Forum Resident
#98 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rian90
They leaked it as a promotional stunt and then took it down. Now we are all talking about it, passing around the videos, etc. Maybe they think hinting at a pets EP will make people complain less about Generations, which is neither pets or weather. Had the just leaked the Generations one we would still see a lot of complaints here. On the other hand, we now see a lot of excited people!

They are pretty good at marketing, dropping hints, rumours, leaking videos. They know we'll eat it up. Thye've done it with all the other ep's so far, anyway.

Although I have to wonder if maybe they were planning on making an announcement yesterday and held off because of what happened in Japan.

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 7:01 PM
I'm pretty sure those are "Work in Progress" videos. "Generations" seems more advanced than unleashed though, which is probably due to the fact that it's coming May 2011.

"Unleashed" looks like a demo technical video on how the animals may look in The Sims 3 and how they are supposed to interact with Sims and with each other. That would explain the lack of other new items like hairs or clothes. Plus, the situations are really simples, and the video is emptied from any EA's tricks they normally used to play us and making things look better than they really are in game.

If "Generations" really is an official trailer (for me, "Unleashed" definitly isn't), well, it's really disappointing to me. There's no real concept in it and no really stunning new things to do.
Field Researcher
#100 Old 12th Mar 2011 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by el_flel
Reading in another thread made me wonder this: do you reckon EA might add a veterinarian career path?

Sounds like a doable career. I think it could be a part of the medical career where a sim, after getting a few promotions, can go into the veterinary branch. I have Late Night so the idea of the veterinarian going to parks or house calls to do check-ups on some animals sounds a little interesting.
Page 4 of 18