Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#126 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 3:36 AM
Generations is the new EP. We won't hear anything about EP 6 (iow Unleashed) for the PC until Generations is out, they can't promote two EPs at once...

Hi I'm Paul!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#127 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 4:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by brillo_pad
Sadly, I feel that the generations vid looked less fake than the unleashed vid.. plus, would they really knick the name back from TS1? I sounds a bit dodgy.. a bit lazy.. a bit.. half-assed EA.. yeah it could be real.. ooh!

Well, that game won't be out until October, so it could just be a working title.

Quote: Originally posted by Robodl95
Generations is the new EP. We won't hear anything about EP 6 (iow Unleashed) for the PC until Generations is out, they can't promote two EPs at once...

Don't you mean EP 5. Generations will be EP 4, Unleashed or whatever it ends up being called will be EP 5.
Retired
retired moderator
#128 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 5:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shivar
That finally said (It's been killing me that nobody has really brought up the idea that previous expansions had been standalone on console), does anyone have a picture of the Deer? Did the video imply they could be domesticated at all?

There was no suggestion at all that the deer, skunk, or raccoons could be domesticated/befriended, or even that they had traits. However, also nothing to rule out the possibility.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 5:22 AM
I hope dogs can bring in the newspaper this time around. Didn't they do that in Sims 1? Anyway, I always forget to have my Sims bring in their newspaper so this would save me some trouble...plus it's adorable

I also want some new careers! Vet obviously, but also dog walker for teens would be cute. And a pet grooming profession (similar to the stylist) would be so awesome!

Also, I hope we get something like the womrat or hamster or some little rodent. I didn't see any in the trailer, unless I just overlooked it.
Instructor
#130 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 5:35 AM
^I hope for small animal inside a cage like snakes, spiders, hamster and birds too.
Lab Assistant
#131 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Celebriton
^I hope for small animal inside a cage like snakes, spiders, hamster and birds too.

Oh, spiders would be cool. Sims could catch them and put them in a cage, like they can catch their own fish and put them in a bowl
Banned
#132 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 6:46 AM
Sims can already catch spiders, since the base game.

I hope for the return of ultra death guinea pigs.
Alchemist
#133 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 6:51 AM
Spiders are in LN. In the base game you have beetles and butterflies, but no spiders. And though you can keep collected bugs, they aren't quite the same as pets you have to feed and clean habitats for, they are more like animated decor.
Retired
retired moderator
#134 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 7:07 AM
Large spiders like tarantulas are a possibility, though, being quite distinct from the little redbacks we currently have in LN. I'm hoping for rabbits and birds beyond what we've seen.

One thing that really bothers me is the possibility that we'll have no control over the fauna in our worlds. For example, will new tropical worlds automatically start generating skunks and raccoons? Are our multicultured worlds going to have really American fauna? Could that be avoided?

Also, I want exclusive breeds to turn up in China, Egypt and France, if not exclusive animals.

And I wouldn't be even mildly surprised if horses and deer and the larger animals were console-only, but I hope not.

Mad Poster
#135 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 8:07 AM
Personally, I will be happy to see deer, skunks, and raccoons in the worlds. I understand wanting authentic creatures showing up in different cultural worlds, but just having wild animals showing up on the lots would just wow me. Makes me feel at home in my game.

I would love for my slobs to have mice and either the coward/slob would run from them, the couch/slob looking at them run around the house and shrugging their shoulders. I would crack up, then make them get rid of them.

Now I want to make a stable/ranch type lot.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#136 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 9:03 AM
I really hope the deer/raccoons also bring owls to hoot and snatch up your cat if you don't lock him in at night.
Instructor
#137 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shivar
Sims can already catch spiders, since the base game.

I hope for the return of ultra death guinea pigs.

Ah, yes. I almost forget we can catch bugs and put it in a glassed cage. It kind of useless to me since it just a decoration.

I hope EA will upgrade it and add new interactions.
Forum Resident
#138 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 10:34 AM
I saw the video on MySims3Blog.com and I didn't really read anything so I jumped to the conclusion that Unleashed is the fourth EP. I just know that when I saw that horse, I almost died. So amazing. Well, I can wait 'till October, It'll be like a birthday present.
Field Researcher
#139 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 11:49 AM
Wtf?
When I saw the trailer, I believed it. But it just seems a little... Quiet. There was no narrator telling you the features of the game :S ( same with generations!) so I'm a little unsure about it, until further info ( or leaks lol ) and lastly, I doubt that Unleashed is going to be an expansion pack. It is probably going to be a standalone. ( I bet your you are thinking WTF? What is he talking about?) well, there was no little EXPANSION PACK* thang under the logo was there? So I'm doubting it as an expansion pack. I'm still also a little bit shaken. (Horses, Snakes, and deer, OH MY!)
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 12:17 PM
I just had a thought. What would you guys think if they added hunting to this game? I know it's highly unlikely, but I just noticed the game Cabela's Big Game Hunter is rated "Teen", so it's not out of the realm of possibility with deer being added this time around.

Personally, I don't believe in killing animals for sport, but this is just a game after all, and I'm curious to know how others would feel about this as a possible "feature".
Field Researcher
#141 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 12:24 PM
I squeed the whole video....:D
Alchemist
#142 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heartbreak
I really hope the deer/raccoons also bring owls to hoot and snatch up your cat if you don't lock him in at night.

I really hope you also bring hyenas to hoot and snatch up your arm if you don't lock yourself in at night.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Retired
retired moderator
#143 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LollySims
I just had a thought. What would you guys think if they added hunting to this game? I know it's highly unlikely, but I just noticed the game Cabela's Big Game Hunter is rated "Teen", so it's not out of the realm of possibility with deer being added this time around.

Personally, I don't believe in killing animals for sport, but this is just a game after all, and I'm curious to know how others would feel about this as a possible "feature".

I don't believe in killing animals for food unless it's strictly necessary, so I'd probably mod it out if I possibly could. I don't want to see real violence and harm in The Sims, just fun stuff.

Plus... ...Have you ever killed an animal before? Because I have plenty, and I can't imagine how you could make it fun or cute or simmish without also being insulting.

Forum Resident
#144 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Plus... ...Have you ever killed an animal before? Because I have plenty, and I can't imagine how you could make it fun or cute or simmish without also being insulting.

Perhaps the sims could shoot at the animal in question and the animal danced around a little bit, fainted and then magically turned into a buffet.. And then the ghost of the animal looks towards the buffet a bit sad, is then comforted by the grim reaper and is taken off into animal paradise.

Go suck an elf...
Retired
retired moderator
#145 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 3:31 PM
Yes, but *shoot* them?

Even with the song and dance afterwards, that seems a bit... ...out of tone with the game.

Banned
#146 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 3:36 PM
Did someone say something about guns?
Forum Resident
#147 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 4:14 PM
How else would you kill something? The fact that they have vegetarians and steak that magically appears in the game implies that there's gotta be some killing going on somewhere. They can't seriously think to bring a wild or animal theme into the game and try and not imply killing of some sort. That sounds a little harsh, but it's the truth. We don't have to see every detail, 'cause I agree - that would be sad. But this all depends on whether they are even going to include hunting and stuff.. so.. they probably won't.

Go suck an elf...
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#148 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 4:23 PM
I don't think they'd put in hunting the deer. It seems very out of character for them with all the "vegetarian" and "eco-friendly" options or whatever, and would just stir up needless controversy.

Not sure what it says about us as a forum that a day after seeing that lovely deer video, we're talking about killing the damn thing.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#149 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 4:27 PM
Actually, there's no need to kill the deer for food. We already have steak and sausages and chickens (or is it turkeys?) from the gardening plants.
Alchemist
#150 Old 13th Mar 2011 at 4:51 PM
I'm sure they won't include something like that (and they'd better don't, otherwise I'll never buy that EP, even if it has horses), because of people like me, who aren't okay with hunting and, as it isn't a survival game, hunting as a sport is cruelty at its maximum.

Evil doesn't worry about not being good. - The Warden, Dragon Age Origins
Page 6 of 18