Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 4:52 PM
Advertisement
Alchemist
#27 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheLB
Yeah I'm pretty sure those sims are green just for the heck of it. I think people are reading too much into that.

I think posting a picture of green-skinned Sims gardening was done deliberately for the purpose of calling the Sims 2 Plant Sims to mind, and getting people interested in the possibility of their return to TS3, not just 'for the heck of it'.
But that doesn't mean there are going to be Plant Sims in the world. I'd tend to doubt it, though obviously including a new supernatural would generate sales for EA. It might also generate complaints from people who want supernaturals only in EPs and from store stuff.
Instructor
#28 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 5:06 PM
I'm considering buying it..... I like what I see better than half the stuff they put out but alot depends cost and I'll wait a few days for reveiws. I tend to like EA worlds quite a bit with the exception of bridgeport which is almost unuseable. But It really will depend.......
Theorist
#29 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 5:12 PM Last edited by lisfyre : 11th Aug 2011 at 4:14 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
This digital download thing worries me ...

Me too... and for $20?!?! I'm pretty sure I'll be passing on this. I didn't bother with Barnacle Bay for 2 reasons. I didn't like the theme and it cost way too much money. I think EA should give new worlds to players like the did Riverview because not all of us can comprehend CAW and make our own worlds. That's just my opinion and I'm sure loads of people will disagree about a freebie world but hey... ~~shrugs~~

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 5:14 PM
The geography looks as though it could be just over the hills from Sunset Valley. Would it kill them to stitch this onto SV and make a bigger town?

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Field Researcher
#31 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 5:26 PM
I might give it a try if it's not as glitched as BB was. They're likely not to introduce any new gameplay mechanics in a downloadable world, and the 'magic' they talk about is probably just that spellbook that's already for sale in the store being included. And the 'plant sims' look very much like sims with green skin and green hair.

I'd like to see how many new rabbithole re-meshes they've made for this one.
Inventor
#32 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
Will there be enough lot spaces to add venues from the eps
The last patch introduced auto-placement information for the four Ambitions lots in Hidden Springs, so at least those lots seem to be covered.
Instructor
#33 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 5:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alliteration
I might give it a try if it's not as glitched as BB was. They're likely not to introduce any new gameplay mechanics in a downloadable world, and the 'magic' they talk about is probably just that spellbook that's already for sale in the store being included. And the 'plant sims' look very much like sims with green skin and green hair.

I'd like to see how many new rabbithole re-meshes they've made for this one.

May be the spellbook will be included. But there are also another magic like this screenshot:

I'm just quite disappointing with the way EA thinking. If this all about magic, EA should recreate the TS1 Magic Town!

Since this is a spa world, EA should introduce Spa and beauty set complete with the tons of new interaction and the business mechanism, instead of magic.

I guess, this world will be boring like BB. BB is a Caribbean Pirates style world. It has many beach spots, but there's no beach interaction in the Sims 3 yet.

Hidden Spring's spa will be exactly like BB beach lots.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 5:50 PM
This could have been their change to add spa objects to the game, since I don't think we'll actually get any. At least a massage table or mud bath. Maybe a hot tub with rocks around it, or just a new tub in general.

The Ski-Lodge requires skiing for it to be a Ski-Lodge. If not, than it's just a lodge. Would it be hard to make a giant ramp that only works outside and add some programming to make sure it works with skis when it snows? At least fake the snow. =/

Did anyone see the missing polygons in the window?

Why does the awning HAVE to have flowers on it. It's get much more use if it were plain. At least let there be an option for no flowers.

Why are all EA homes so ugly? Did anyone see that mansion... ew. I bet that took someone all day too!

I'm afraid the only magic in this world is the Fountain/Spring/whatever of youth.

I'll take my chances and be hopeful. It looks VERY nice, but the lack of objects that give the world a special feeling actually take away form the substance of the world when they aren't there.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Instructor
#35 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 5:55 PM
Sounds like there's a new object that "grants wishes", wonder if it's along the same lines as the Genie from TS2?

(From the Q&A Link)
"The Fountain of Youth is a brand new object that your Sims can use to decorate their home and make a wish or two. They should be careful what they wish for because it might just come true!"

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Alchemist
#36 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 6:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
The last patch introduced auto-placement information for the four Ambitions lots in Hidden Springs, so at least those lots seem to be covered.

With any luck, the auto-placement will be as seamless and well thought out as it was for the earlier neighborhoods. /sarcasm

I'm also concerned about the LN venues. I don't expect to be able to put every type of bar/club in every neighborhood, but I had a bitch of a time adding just a few of them to BB. And the film studio, that's one huge rabbit hole to find a spot for.
Instructor
#37 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 6:06 PM
If anything, the fountain of youth sounds cool, so I'll probably just buy it separately, and pass on the world. I just hope EA gives us that option.

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Theorist
#38 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 6:28 PM
Barnacle Bay was absolutely dreadful and this doesn't look much better. You would think that a large company with professional creators and an entire team to create it would do a better job then the average player made world but they don't. The only thing I really like is the new spa but other then that there's not many good things to say about it...

Hi I'm Paul!
Inventor
#39 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 6:34 PM
After seeing the New York project, Vice City and many other lovely maps from creators.. I really don't see the point in making any more pay cities from EA's side. For me EA does the programming and the ideas, then creators takes it further and makes beautiful objects, homes, sims and towns

.. anyway, EA should keep up their work though!!! :D
Scholar
#40 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 6:39 PM
I'm sorry, but the town's layout is terrible. I loved the rabbit hole, though. The rest is horrible.

Greater example:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&theater

Seriously, even a baby make houses more detailed that this.
Theorist
#41 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 7:01 PM
Well on the bright-side when Seasons comes out we'll know this town will have snow..

On the down-side, I'm gonna wait a month or two for the empty hardcover disk space, since I like collecting them, rather than dishing out 20 bucks online and making it into 2000 simpoints when I could easily go to target and buy it for 14-15 bucks.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 7:05 PM
The picture with the green people gardening. The Child there is holding what looks like an EGGPLANT. Does that mean we get plantable non Egg eggplants? And that children can garden?? Maybe?

No, but wait. They wouldn't put coding for things like that into a mere world. That's EP level stuff. The description made it sound more like a Vacation World than a residential one, but the pictures clearly show regular playable rabbitholes. I WISH this was a new Vacation world. That would be awesome.

I wonder if we'll get a new unique Distant Terrain to borrow in CAW. Hmmm.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 7:07 PM
That picture looks so odd. A mansion that looks like an oversized farm house and a fountain that is the size of a house. Isn't there a grand fountain that is more in scale for private use? Or do you have to use one that belongs in a town square?

[SIZE=3]
"I asked for a car, I got a computer. How's that for being born under a bad sign?"

~Ferris Bueller's Day Off, 1986
[/SIZE]
Instructor
#44 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skmt999
The picture with the green people gardening. The Child there is holding what looks like an EGGPLANT. Does that mean we get plantable non Egg eggplants? And that children can garden?? Maybe?

No, but wait. They wouldn't put coding for things like that into a mere world. That's EP level stuff. The description made it sound more like a Vacation World than a residential one, but the pictures clearly show regular playable rabbitholes. I WISH this was a new Vacation world. That would be awesome.

I wonder if we'll get a new unique Distant Terrain to borrow in CAW. Hmmm.

It doesn't look like the kid's gardening, she's about to eat the eggplant. I hope it it's a harvestable.

Barnacle Bay's description also sounded like a vacation world, but it wasn't. I'm pretty sure this will be a home world.
Scholar
#45 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 8:41 PM
Hate to say it, but Hidden Springs looks like a somewhat amateurish attempt. Barnacle Bay wasn't my cup o' tea, either. I love EA worlds for their simplicity and well-roundedness, but so far I've only been impressed by the ones that shipped with expansion packs.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 8:50 PM
Hidden Springs doesn't look that bad, even thou some of the pictures look like they are CAW/under development type of pictures and not the real deal. Like this. The overly green mountain looks like somebody is still working on it and will soon place the rest of the trees.

I hope the secrets they talk about are real life tombs, because tombs are fun but unfortunately EA has not done anything with them since WA.

Other than that, I think it's refreshing that EA is doing a world with a colder atmosphere. so far all the worlds, have been very sunny and warm. I'm actually waiting to hear more about the world that comes with pets, it looks better and the autumn trees are lovely.
Scholar
#47 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ani_
Other than that, I think it's refreshing that EA is doing a world with a colder atmosphere. so far all the worlds, have been very sunny and warm. I'm actually waiting to hear more about the world that comes with pets, it looks better and the autumn trees are lovely.

I very much agree. I've been waiting for a cold mountain world for some time. If the screenshots are truly only of the development stage and more polish is added later on, it could shape up into a highly playable world. Otherwise, I'll likely be skipping it and waiting to see what Pets has in store.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Mad Poster
#48 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 9:03 PM
I will probably get it, wait a while as I did with Barnacle Bay. I didn't BB until a creator uploaded a beautiful island with BB stuff in it. The same may happen with Hidden Springs, a creator will use stuff from it for a fantastic world.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 10:20 PM
I like the look of the Spa, but other than that it doesn't look appealing to me. Don't get me wrong, it looks nice, and that Spa looks rather sexy, but other than that it doesn't interest me. Anyone could have made that world. EA is giving me the impression that they are all procrastinators or lazy Lol.
#50 Old 4th Aug 2011 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
I'm sorry, but the town's layout is terrible. I loved the rabbit hole, though. The rest is horrible.

Greater example:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...&type=1&theater

Seriously, even a baby make houses more detailed that this.

I agree with you about that house. Where are the meteor strikes when you need 'em?
Page 2 of 13