Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#51 Old 13th Oct 2011 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
bassoon_Crazy But the question is that will they go the easy route which would be just slapping in these new animations... or will they go BIG and give us a lot of new interactions and animations to go along with impressive weather themes.

Need you even ask? Will EA go the easy and less expensive route, or will they go the hard and expensive route? Three guesses.

Actually, there is a lot they can do with going the easy route. For example, and open for business EP. We already have specialized cash registers. We already have the consignment store. We already have the bake sale stand. We already have the ability to buy real estate. We already can fire employees we don't like for businesses we own.

All open for business needs is a player controlled cash register and a ticket booth. With a player controlled cash register, the player selects what items are placed in the cash register -- by moving them from his inventory to the cash register. For NPC controlled businesses, the cash register would by set by item type.

For a ticket booth, you just need a door which needs a ticket to enter. Sort of like the clubs in LN. Except the bounces don't worry about celebrity level. Sims just need a ticket to get in.

I am surprised that some enterprising modder has not already done this. But EA could make these two items, have a variety of different stores selling different items, and have another city to stick them all in, and have an EP with little or no effort.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 13th Oct 2011 at 1:41 AM
^Actually, They'd need to put in some effort. I wouldn't buy that as is.

To warrant a buy, we'd need:
Sub-hood + Neighborhood travel:
There is NEVER any space to put anything, so it's a nice alternative to tearing down pretty homes, or evicting nice families. Apartments would fix this problem, but we all know how those went. Having a neighborhood to place our shopping venues and nigh clubs would be lovely, because every venue doesn't look good, or need to be in every venue, and it helps to get the full effect of the game without players sacrificing save games. It's really a tragedy when your young adult from your legacy can't go clubbing because the lot in the bin doesn't fit in the hood.

-New A crap ton of build/buy/CAS Items:
From what I've seen, EA went ALL OUT with the build/buy/CAS in Pets. For an EP about business, they need to increase that by, maybe, 10%. We needs to be given things we've never seen before in the Sims 3 - Recliners, Juicers, Magazine Stalls, new toys, food stalls - random crap to shop for in general. new design or architectural styles, or addition pieces to existing sets. New build items, like rotating doors, escalators. Give us more. Nice things that enhance the game in subtle ways, but also big ways.

Clothing, I'm not sure. Maybe business attire to make Sims look sharp. Perhaps shop aprons and Designer clothing for clothing retail. I guess they'd also need to overhaul how clothing is handle in the game, for shopping. Have it all actually be locked up for purchase. Something to work for. Even poor Sims look amazing. Having a house worth next to nothing while wearing a designer dress is somewhat humorous, but it's a bit of a design flaw for a simulation game. Especially when money is soooooooo easy to earn and keep in this game.

Imagine actually doing proper real estate checking: Square footage, Number of baths and bedrooms, pools, offices space, etc. Instead of having to check the house manually, or wait for it to load. THAT would be an improvement.

-Better NPC management across ALL EPs.
It kills me seeing NPC dressed a certain way when they go to a register. ALL THE UNIFORM AREN'T EVEN VERSATILE. Something generic if they want to be lazy, but we should be allowed to change it. That, and who to hire. When I place a register in town, I, normally, get Mortimer's mother - who's quite rich. Why she needs to be a cashier to pay her bills, I don't know.

-Actual New Jobs.
I guess being a cashier or store manager would be a cool profession. Real estate Agent would be AMAZING! Take clients to house and try to find the home of they're dreams (of course this would require a pretty big neighborhood, or apartments, or a lot of vacant space to be realistic). Taking a cue from Ambitions, certain traits produce certain needs: Some Sims like cheap homes, some like pools, some want a lot of outdoor space to move around in, some want apartments, etc. I've always wanted a sanitation career - go to a messy lot and clean it up to get paid. Seems simple enough. Maybe a pool cleaner and gardener could be a part of the job.

They could take the lazy way out, but it'd need more work to build on already existing mechanics to make it a true gem.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#53 Old 13th Oct 2011 at 4:44 PM
I don't belive that a Magic themed EP will be part of TS3... I think that Hidden Springs and it's few "magic" objects were just EA's way of handing us the very much wanted "magic" to satisfy the community, and then move on. Also I don't quite see magic theme fitting in with TS3 and it's EPs...

TS1's magic EP is my all time favorite EP, but I just do not see something like that happening in TS3. :/ EA has just lost that quirky fun, and now they always take the easy route which requires the least amount of new interactions and animations.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 6:15 AM
Black background, white text. Another wild guess would be a Grim Reaper expansion pack. New deaths, more destruction, fail, and mayhem. And more gameplay involving ghosts.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rkalanu
Black background, white text. Another wild guess would be a Grim Reaper expansion pack. New deaths, more destruction, fail, and mayhem. And more gameplay involving ghosts.

... I hope not.

19 - Female - Australia
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 6:35 AM
Matrix54 - i wish you worked for EA! your ideas sound awesome
Field Researcher
#57 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rkalanu

Sims 3: Paranormal Activity

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
That's silly. Where I live Spring is too hot. =/

Maybe EA thinks people who live where spring is too hot prefer expansions that are small and meh?
Scholar
#59 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
Haha! This answer was hilarious. Seriously, I want seasons so badly! Just imagine the possibilities of the open world and weather affecting all sims in town. How many new traits would sims get! Maybe illnesses would be back with seasons. It would make sense. Countless possibilities!

If there's illness for Sims, I doubt that EA will combined it with Seasons (IF they make it ). It will be better (for them and their pocket) to make an Illness EP. Maybe... The Sims 3 : Vomiting and Stuff Like That EP?

Hey there! :)
Test Subject
#60 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 3:08 PM
OOO maybe we get an awesome expansion pack like sims: adding one interaction. O the possibilities!!
Test Subject
#61 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 4:29 PM
Hmmmm this is interesting

from SimsPrograms

Quote:
Tony Watkins the head of EA Russia.
He mentions the next Expansion, but only says that like Pets,
it’s also something that everyone has been asking for since day 1.

I know what I've been asking for.
Fingers crossed.
Mad Poster
#62 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyKombucha
Matrix54 - i wish you worked for EA! your ideas sound awesome

I wouldn't work for EA. Oh HEAVENS no... But I do like that you like my idea. I want to design games when I'm older, so stuff like that means a lot to me.

Quote: Originally posted by IHopeYouChoke

from SimsPrograms

Fingers crossed.

If it's seasons, I'd like to know what they do with it. I know I wouldn't want just weather. There needs to be something on the side to give it some oomph.

Alchemist
#63 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by haricots
If there's illness for Sims, I doubt that EA will combined it with Seasons

Why not?? Seasonal related allergies, colds, flu, etc... seems seasonal enough to me.
Field Researcher
#64 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shaaaii
... I hope not.

Well, I hope not too. I'm just saying that white on black sounds like life and death. They've ruled out the more obvious possibilities like magic and space.

Black and white might also go with an expansion pack about good and evil - introducing something like an alignment system. That might be interesting, but it isn't exactly something fans have been asking for from day 1.

Insufficient data.
Scholar
#65 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
If it's seasons, I'd like to know what they do with it. I know I wouldn't want just weather. There needs to be something on the side to give it some oomph.

I'm sorry if you want more from it, but it is a huge feature that requires lots of attention to detail and, of course, lots of working out technically to get it right (if things like Create A Pet can ruin The Sims 3, imagine what something like weather can do. Not saying that I don't have faith in EA working it out, but it would be a lot harder for them if they had to add something else in addition).

I'd much rather have a nice and detailed Seasons EP than I would something worse than The Sims 2 Seasons (which I loved, of course, but wasn't 100% perfect) just so they can fit in some other major feature.

Seasons in The Sims 3 has the potential to have a much greater effect on gameplay than it did in The Sims 2. That is because of The Sims 3's traits, moodlets, favorites, etc. And really usage of those isn't so far out of the realm of possibility.

Seasons needs to be on its own. And it most likely will be because it can sell again just fine on its own (they just gave us Pets by itself a THIRD time.) and also because it'sa lot of working technically.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Field Researcher
#66 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 6:35 PM
If its something some people have been asking for since Day 1, it could as easily be magic as pets. Apart from being what people have asked for, what does Seasons have in common with pets anyway? It could be a 'more quirkiness and interactions' EP for all we know, as people have been asking for THAT nonstop.
Scholar
#67 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 6:37 PM
Well, it won't be Seasons or Magic. It will be something "new", because EA has a pattern set up. =/

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
Field Researcher
#68 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 6:40 PM
Yeah. So, I suppose the best route is to compile a list of things people have been asking for, for ages, that is not a previous EP. Only thing that comes to mind here is, 'Sims 3 rated R' which 'black and white' would fit, but which we know would NEVER happen.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
Seasons needs to be on its own. And it most likely will be because it can sell again just fine on its own (they just gave us Pets by itself a THIRD time.) and also because it'sa lot of working technically.

I'm not talking about a major feature. I mean like pets for the Sims 3. We didn't JUST get pets, and pets are VERY difficult to do as well. They had to, pretty much, redo the entire game to get pets working like normal Sims, as well as include animations for various instances, such as a cat on a table or riding a horse.

YET EA managed to go a step further and they gave out a new town, new rabbit holes, a crap ton of clothing to fit the theme - a lot more of everything, which is nice. They even Added an ice cream truck. <3

Now, when I say something else beside weather, I'm not talking about a trillion features here, I just want something give the game some oomph. I see nothing wrong with adding a random feature in the game that has nothing to do with season. Like boat shells, for example, if swimming were added. Just something different and new to tie into the game indirectly, but given the rest of the content it fits right in, like motorcycles in Ambitions, or arcade machines in Late Night.

Instructor
#70 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 6:52 PM
"...it’s also something that everyone has been asking for since day 1."

Do they mean a smooth running game without bugs, with tons of interactions and new items that don't look ridiculous? If yes, I can't wait for the new EP.
Instructor
#71 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 7:05 PM
I think a lot of that info from "EA Russia" was fake. For example, they said the TS2 website was permanently closed, when in fact it recently re-opened. Also, the previous EA Russia interview did not name the person they were interviewing. That alone screams "fake".
Scholar
#72 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
I'm not talking about a major feature. I mean like pets for the Sims 3. We didn't JUST get pets, and pets are VERY difficult to do as well. They had to, pretty much, redo the entire game to get pets working like normal Sims, as well as include animations for various instances, such as a cat on a table or riding a horse.

YET EA managed to go a step further and they gave out a new town, new rabbit holes, a crap ton of clothing to fit the theme - a lot more of everything, which is nice. They even Added an ice cream truck. <3

Now, when I say something else beside weather, I'm not talking about a trillion features here, I just want something give the game some oomph. I see nothing wrong with adding a random feature in the game that has nothing to do with season. Like boat shells, for example, if swimming were added. Just something different and new to tie into the game indirectly, but given the rest of the content it fits right in, like motorcycles in Ambitions, or arcade machines in Late Night.

Okay, I understand. I thought you meant more of something like adding a big feature like magic or university (You have to understand, I've seen people say that Pets, Seasons, and University should all be combined into one Expansion Pack).

Little things like that should really be a part of every Expansion Pack. That's what I enjoyed about The Sims 2 Expansion Packs so much. Even if I knew I didn't much care for the main feature(s) I knew that there would be minor features and objects thrown in that I would have fun with.

Now it seems like EA either gives us one or the other. Like Generations was just a compilation of small feature and objects. It really would have done so much better being added on the side pf a major feature like University.

Quote: Originally posted by Glic2003
I think a lot of that info from "EA Russia" was fake. For example, they said the TS2 website was permanently closed, when in fact it recently re-opened.

Oh they did? How interesting. =P

Field Researcher
#73 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IHopeYouChoke

from SimsPrograms

Fingers crossed.

Diving boards?

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Alchemist
#74 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arisuka
I don't belive that a Magic themed EP will be part of TS3... I think that Hidden Springs and it's few "magic" objects were just EA's way of handing us the very much wanted "magic" to satisfy the community, and then move on. Also I don't quite see magic theme fitting in with TS3 and it's EPs...

God I hope you're right
Instructor
#75 Old 14th Oct 2011 at 10:22 PM
Well I'm acctually gonna bet magic since they said it wasn't done in TS2 and other than seasons which was in TS2 magic was the only thing I've seen people asking for since day one. then again Maybe we're forgetting something obvious we've asked for but i doubt that. So My bet is either magic or seasons...or both but i hope not that would make me concerned that they half-assed both features.
Edit: Unless we're getting university which we have asked for but they said we wouldn't get it. that might fit as well based solely on what eveidence we have.
Page 3 of 26