Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
#76 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 9:02 AM
Sometimes the simpoints don't register. I had 115 simpoints before I started grinding, but now I've done it, I've gone up to 130, with multiple tabs open, mostly wasted. Anyone else suffering?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#77 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 12:04 PM Last edited by varpunen : 15th Aug 2015 at 4:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Aaron4Ever
Sometimes the simpoints don't register. I had 115 simpoints before I started grinding, but now I've done it, I've gone up to 130, with multiple tabs open, mostly wasted. Anyone else suffering?

Well, I've noticed that when the points don't register and won't show up in your total amount, login out and then back in again usually corrects that, showing all the missing points again. That happens very rarely, though. I usually have 3 to 5 pages open at once and they work pretty fast without a hitch.

But I've been having a bit of a dry spell lately when it comes to ads, at least three days now. Not a single ad. I wonder if the total amount of points has something to do with that, having too much of them. I've also been desperately waiting for ST Gold to show up in Daily Deal or in the 'Make me an offer' but no luck.
Test Subject
#78 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 1:21 PM
Does it still work? I'm using my phone to go in the sims 3 store, but I can't find it.
Alchemist
#79 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 1:47 PM Last edited by varpunen : 15th Aug 2015 at 4:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Galetasai
Does it still work? I'm using my phone to go in the sims 3 store, but I can't find it.

Store or the ads? Both work but still no new ads for me, though.
Forum Resident
#80 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 3:38 PM

Too many tabs slows it down. I think more people are doing it at once. I've gotten server too busy messages. Mine works faster than what you're describing though.
Scholar
#81 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 3:51 PM
I usually check out Make Me An Offer every day but I've never seen a deal on that I would go for. Sometimes there's something in the bundle I want, but the total price of the bundle is more than the item I want, and it seems silly to pay for a bunch of things I don't want. The Daily Deal, now--I've been getting all the venues I ever wanted through that (I'm just waiting for the carousel to come up). And the weekly sale is occasionally interesting. I've almost accumulated enough points to get the wrolds I'm interested in without them being on sale, so I might do that.

I wish the expansion packs would sell for points: I don't want to spend any more cash money on the game and I don't have four or five of the expansions.

But I'm not really complaining, because what's going on now is pretty amazing.
Forum Resident
#82 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 7:24 PM

The simpoints are still there. They just take a while to show up correctly. They usually do right after you finish a video, but you may want to keep a mental tally in your head.

~Someday my prince will come... And he better not bring all his hood's character files with him.~
@)->----- Place this ASCII flower in your sig as a thank you to all of our amazing moderators at MTS!
TS3 vs. Your CPU: The Solution
Shameless plug for my fledgeling Simblr here
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 4:25 AM
Thanks for pointing this out! I've almost got enough points for the Multitab now, woot woot.
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 6:46 AM
How can you tell if you're getting points and how many? I'm on my third video, but I'm not sure how many I'm getting or if I'm getting any at all? Is it supposed to say?

Edit: Ok, so I was watching my third video and a pop-up came up saying thanks for watching, you'll get your points within 24 hours. Should it say that after every video?

Icon made by me!
Alchemist
#85 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 8:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nbalchemist
How can you tell if you're getting points and how many? I'm on my third video, but I'm not sure how many I'm getting or if I'm getting any at all? Is it supposed to say?

Edit: Ok, so I was watching my third video and a pop-up came up saying thanks for watching, you'll get your points within 24 hours. Should it say that after every video?

You get 5 points per vid and yes, it should say that after each vid. For me, the points show up right after watching the vid. You can see the current total of your points in the upper right corner of the store page.
Banned
#86 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 5:13 PM Last edited by Aaron4Ever : 18th Aug 2015 at 5:28 PM.
Another quick ask, but dis meta.
Is asking for Simpoint gifting banned on this site? Getting up to half a thousand simpoints is unbearably slow.
Quote: Originally posted by AmandieLove
The simpoints are still there. They just take a while to show up correctly. They usually do right after you finish a video, but you may want to keep a mental tally in your head.

Nope, I just realised that after all those videos, I got 15 points.
Top Secret Researcher
#87 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 9:32 PM
I just got an ad in a foreign language for the first time. (Spanish.)
Banned
#88 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 8:24 AM
Only got two out of nearly ten ads. Went from 130 to 140.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo...
Field Researcher
#89 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 8:44 AM Last edited by bbc100 : 21st Aug 2015 at 8:57 AM.
I can't find the link to it! Can someone gift me some points so I can get some worlds?

EDIT: My Sims 3 store name is bbc100p

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Alchemist
#90 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 10:39 AM
I think it's great, they are basically giving away items. When this was a new thing you rarely saw it because everybody wanted it, now it's .. more of a focus of The Sims 4 for EA.

Quote: Originally posted by bbc100
I can't find the link to it! Can someone gift me some points so I can get some worlds?

EDIT: My Sims 3 store name is bbc100p

It takes hours to get enough simpoints for a world, find out how to do it yourself please.

I usually find the link in the launcher.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#91 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 11:41 AM
Is asking for Simpoint gifting banned on this site? Getting up to half a thousand simpoints is unbearably slow.

Nope, I just realised that after all those videos, I got 15 points.
As far as I know you cannot gift simpoints anyway in the sense that I gift simpoints from my account to yours. Gifting simpoints is only possible if one buys them for you and that would mean asking people to spend money for you. Bannable offence? I don't think so but people will probably not start to love you when you do it.
Banned
#92 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
As far as I know you cannot gift simpoints anyway in the sense that I gift simpoints from my account to yours. Gifting simpoints is only possible if one buys them for you and that would mean asking people to spend money for you. Bannable offence? I don't think so but people will probably not start to love you when you do it.

Aw shucks.
F*cking capitalism. Back to slow button mashing.
Field Researcher
#93 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Don_Babilon
I wasn't going to ask people to buy me simpoints! I still need to find that link, is anyone able to post it or is it different each time?

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#94 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 1:28 AM
Look at post #6 here in this thread. varpunen has circled what the link looks like. Obviously you have to be logged in at the Store site for the links to work. It's more of a button. Once you click it a video pops up in a separate window. When the video has finished another window pops up and there you'd have to click OK for the points to be added to your account. Depending on the country and the time you may not always see those buttons. And of course you won't see them either if you have your browser set in a way that it blocks such things.
Scholar
#95 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 2:34 AM
Be logged in, give the store site an xception in your adblock, and click all around the site till you see the button. I find that different pages gbive the button at different times, and that they keep giving the button for differing amounts of time too, so when it doesn't come up I just keep clicking around till I find it again. Also there are times when it's not showing up to speak of at all, and then I just ignore it for a while.
Field Researcher
#96 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 3:11 AM
Found that link, now it's gone...

Forum Resident
#97 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 3:57 AM Last edited by jmtmom : 23rd Aug 2015 at 3:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by bbc100
Found that link, now it's gone...

Here are step by step instructions

1. Login on the official site
2. Click the store link
3. Open as many windows as you want, from any store area. I find that more than 10 slows things down.
3. Somewhere on the left side you will see a blue Get Sims bonus points button. If you don't, hit reload, it will appear eventually. I find they disappear after a while but reappear if you reload.

I don't know how to make it simpler for you. It's tedious and annoying to have multiple ads playing. You can do it, no one is going to do it for you. I've gotten a world and several premium sets this way.
Mad Poster
#98 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 10:25 AM Last edited by RoseCity : 23rd Aug 2015 at 10:40 AM.
I decided to start point grinding last week.
My experience so far -
I don't open multiple windows, only one at a time. I didn't remove adblock for the Store, but it still works for me. Sometimes the ad window is empty, but the 'Thank You For Watching' message pops up regardless. At first I had the empty ad window. Then a day or two later I started getting sports ads repeated over and over. And a few health related ones like type 2 diabetes that are long, but I only have to watch for a minute and then the 'Thank You For Watching' message appears. Today I was back to the empty ad window with the occasional ad that I had to push 'play' to activate. Sometimes there's a message that 'this ad needs a plugin', but I just click through those.
The amount of points I can collect per day has varied. One day I only got 50 points and the button disappeared and I couldn't get it back. Yesterday I got 400 points and the button never disappeared - I got tired and went to bed before that happened.

You can always try The Gifting Forum on the official forum - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/cat...nk-yous-gifting
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 6:34 PM
I didn't even know this button existed, thanks! I just started today and found out I had 720 points in the store so now I'm up to 900. I have two tabs open since my laptop is really slow.
Banned
#100 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
You can always try The Gifting Forum on the official forum - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/cat...nk-yous-gifting

Unfortunately, I have a problem with the offical forums. Early January, I learned that one of my threads were removed for terrorism. I quit, and unfortunately, I doubt I'll come back.
Also, since the move to the new forums, nearly all of the image threads that I was interested in (including one of mine) were broken.

Let's say I might be trying again, if fascist mods over there haven't banned me for desertion.
EDIT: Looks like challenges and thankings. I think that the most politest of asks will be deleted.
Page 4 of 5