Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 1:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord St.Croix
Or just from people who don't think a particular makeover looks better; everyone has different tastes after all

Yeah, there's plenty stuff I find ugly or otherwise unattractive as well. And thus, it makes perfect sense if another feels as such about my stuff.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 2:14 PM
@Cystr()city Thank you

Hmm, disagree troll stikes again. Someone have enjoy clicking disagree button on every post with makeover.
Mad Poster
#78 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 2:25 PM Last edited by Grijze Pilion : 8th Feb 2016 at 2:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nemiga
Hmm, disagree troll stikes again. Someone have enjoy clicking disagree button on every post with makeover.

Nah, that was just me. Nothing personal. I only Dislike when I don't like...dis?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#79 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 3:28 PM
It's interesting to me how some people have a particular look they seem to go for when sculpting a face so everyone looks kind of related.
Mad Poster
#80 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
It's interesting to me how some people have a particular look they seem to go for when sculpting a face so everyone looks kind of related.

It can be really hard to break a pattern, especially when you're not too skilled with the CAS tools. It's a problem I've had in every Sims game (except 1 obviously) and only experience made me grow out of it.

insert signature here
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 6:59 PM
@ Nemiga - Notta problem! XD I like faces that stray from the EA bin Sims that get packaged with the game ^^; It's all over the Internetses and it's an eyesore in stories too DX

@Grijze Pilion - I've noticed that people that CAS like that usually use default EA skin and eyes so it's a lot easier to notice ^^; It's true that default replacements work wonders ><

Manufactured Memoirs - a Sci-Fi sims tale
Scholar
#82 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Grijze Pilion
It can be really hard to break a pattern, especially when you're not too skilled with the CAS tools. It's a problem I've had in every Sims game (except 1 obviously) and only experience made me grow out of it.

For a while every male sim I made looked mildly like my husband and all my female sims had a similar bone structure. So I decided to see if I could start making sims that looked like they were a part of my neighborhood and started studying people as I went about my day. Now I'm starting to have more diverse sims populating my game. I'm not a creeper, I'm just paying attention to how people look. Though I still tend towards large eyes, it keeps them out of the uncanny valley for me.
Mad Poster
#83 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tunafishfish
So I decided to see if I could start making sims that looked like they were a part of my neighborhood and started studying people as I went about my day. Now I'm starting to have more diverse sims populating my game.

I love diversifying as well. I tend to group people together in specific little groups like they're some sort of NPCs. You know, Shy Student Girl #2, Arab Cool Guy #1, Ambiguous Lesbian #3, Intellectual Upper Middle Class Man #2...

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#84 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 11:51 PM
This is one of the makeovers I made of one of those premades from the CAS:
Seriously EA, why you *always* put that silly smile on the sims faces? It's creepy

I often modify the faces of the puddings who spawn on my game, but I always forgot to take the pics :P

I'm bad at finding CC on my own
My simblr
I'm shy and so I might take longer to reply you '-'
Alchemist
#85 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 5:44 PM
@bellakenobi - definitely creepy, humans don't smile 24/7. Very nice makeover, her eyeshadow was much too dark.

A sim born in-game, bland as ever:

Given some personality and realism (and yes, getting rid of that creepy smile and the too-saturated eye color):

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 6:12 PM
I've gotta makeover too!!! >w<

I redid the entire Cook household because one Sim per house isn't ethical ;~;

Cressida Wells

Lady Cook

Jeffrey Cook

Elspeth Cook

Little extra gift:

Sorry for the puns, I've been playing Undertale ^^;
(Computer's also been doing dumps because I'm not playing off the desktop's graphics card at the moment)

Scholar
#87 Old 18th Feb 2016 at 3:09 PM
So... Cid Serverus cleans up good. All I did was move his eyebrows down, make them uneven, darkened his eyes, and changed out his skin. I also changed his hair color, hairstyle, facial hair, and eyebrows.

Theorist
#88 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 4:01 AM
Mandy Best, a teen girl from Starlight Shores (Showtime). I forgot to make a decent pre, so I just took one from Google:

Pre (left)

From http://simsforfriends.messageboard....t=171&start=270

After:

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Mad Poster
#89 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 9:16 AM
Ah, Starlight Shores. The town (almost) everyone forgot.

insert signature here
Scholar
#90 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 10:32 AM Last edited by Nemiga : 19th Feb 2016 at 6:47 PM.
@ Grijze Pilion Nope..
Some residents from Starlight Shores reworked

Alchemist
#91 Old 19th Feb 2016 at 6:52 PM
Going for a more subtle makeover this time, another pudding-ish sim generated by the game:

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 20th Feb 2016 at 8:52 PM
I've got a makeover!

I did the Tenderlove household's remaining residents; Barry and Ace Wilde! ^^

Barry Tenderlove

Ace Wilde

Extra gift below!

Theorist
#93 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 4:58 AM
The mailwoman in Starlight Shores:

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Instructor
#94 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 4:31 PM Last edited by MistressTiffany : 23rd Feb 2016 at 4:44 PM.
This random townie walking around quickly caught my attention (I wonder why? Could it be the red ribbon-clad pigtails? Or the hideous orange lipstick? Or how about her foot-long eyelashes? We may never know.)

The only genetics I touched were her eyes (barely) and her skin ramp. Her lifetime wish was Master Romancer, so I let her keep the giant lashes and even added some SClub lashes.
Mad Poster
#95 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 10:52 PM
She looks like she just went all the way up the social ladder. Great makeover

insert signature here
Instructor
#96 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 12:19 AM
Thanks! She just turned Elder in my game, so unfortunately her youthful beauty was short-lived. But she says even though she's gotten older, her 'male companions' are still as young and fresh as ever.
Mad Poster
#97 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 9:53 AM
Shame. Stuff like that is why I don't let my Sims age. I used to pretend that the Sims aged in real world time, but now that it's 2016 and TS3 has gotten a bit older, I can't keep pretending the game world is set in today's world. There's not nearly enough up-to-date content for that. So they're now all stuck being like they were in late 2015, and they will be for the rest of eternity. And besides, I don't like it when the game changes something I put time and effort into. My Sims are all such nice people, why would I want to see them get old and sore?

Actually, (and I'm really going off topic here), that makes me wish TS3 was some sort of perfect, timeless simulation purely so that I could keep my Sims with me for the rest of my life, like some sort of superhuman yet completely fictional pets. I can recreate them in any future Sims game, but it's just not the same. I'd love it if maintain their little lives like I maintain mine. I've played with the same 2 Sims for damn near 4 years by now, and while that's certainly been interesting, it's not exactly the same.

insert signature here
Field Researcher
#98 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 12:17 PM
Here's a quick makeover I did on Marigold Maldano, before going to sleep last night:

The next one will be one of the MacDuff daughters (that I don't remember the name now, and I saved her in the bin just to do that), who suffers of the "silly smile" sickness.

My simblr
Alchemist
#99 Old 26th Feb 2016 at 12:40 PM
I normally makeover puddings/NPCs without adding makeup or accessories because I don't want the game to use more resources and lag, but she ended up looking too cute with lipstick. Behold, another face zero pudding remade:

Field Researcher
#100 Old 27th Feb 2016 at 4:09 PM
As promised, here's Faith MacDuff:

My simblr
Page 4 of 6