Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#101 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 10:36 PM
All right, I finally got it! YEAAAAHHHH!

Let Round Four Begin!
Advertisement
Scholar
#102 Old 3rd Nov 2010 at 12:58 AM
ALL RIGHT! *happydance*

I have nothing better to contribute. I'm looking forward to getting Cel- er, I guess Alan and Fleur back for Round 4... I suppose Celandine is dead now.

Oh the suspense of what Laura's been doing with the Mitchells/Rhys... Perhaps I'll just snag a copy of the nhood and take a peek...

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#103 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 6:46 AM
Aaaaggghhh... my computer spat the dummy! I just had to reinstall EVERYTHING - games, software, drivers, the lot. Don't worry, though, I'm not dropping out, it'll just be a while before I can get back to simming.
Mad Poster
#104 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 8:02 PM
Sorry for the wait Kaila, before I went to visit some friends last weekend I "put my FreeTime disk somewhere safe" and it's taken me 2 days to find it again! (mental note - the drawer where I keep my chequebook is a silly place to put a Sims DVD-ROM....) No way I was going to try and piece together the stories from memory - I don't remember many details but I remember they were pretty long! Stories *should* be up today, bar further problems.... Loading the game up now so I can copy-paste the text and know which pictures to use......

That sucks Jim, my laptop does that on occasion too, annoying huh?! I hope you manage to get it working again soon! :-)
Scholar
#105 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 9:02 PM Last edited by Kailacat : 5th Nov 2010 at 10:42 PM.
That's terrible Jim! I hope you can get back to the hood before Flower-Sack Baby comes knocking...
And I don't mind the wait, Laura - I can get a copy of the neighborhood when I get home. I also want to start Tundra Valley this weekend too now that I finally have nothing going on, so I'll be busy Simming!

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#106 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 11:41 PM
Simmer, please. Ain't nothin' keepin' me outta the game, you know that.

I've got everything restored now and I'm playing my first household.

Scholar
#107 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 1:08 AM
Wow! That was really quick. Good for you

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#108 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 11:15 AM
Scholar
#109 Old 11th Nov 2010 at 1:48 PM
Just read your R4 part 1...

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#110 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 8:14 PM
LOL if only we had BV in the AnyGame setup...

I'm almost done! I have four households now that Loquat is on his lonesome. Parts 2 and 3 are ready for your viewing pleasure.

Man, I gotta stop taking so many photos. I guess that's the problem with playing for an entire Sim year - there's so much to document.
Banned
Original Poster
#111 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 11:12 AM Last edited by perihelion : 20th Nov 2010 at 12:05 PM.
Got another problem regarding the cemetery. I boolprop-killed a townie for kicking over Paige's garbage can, but when I tried to discreetly bury him in La Verde, his grave had disappeared by the time Loquat showed up to bury his grandparents. I have an idea, though: if Loquat gifts the urns to Delilah Mitchell and they're still in her inventory later on, do you think you could bury them, Laura? Delilah could be Illusion Bay's resident undertaker. :P

EDIT: Sims who have died of old age should be removed from the neighbourhood view Story Mode too, in order to make way for the newer generations. If they have partners who died of other causes, those partners should be removed as well (eg. once Jared dies, remove Dagmar too).
Scholar
#112 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 12:48 PM
JIM, DON'T GIFT THE URNS.
Gifting urns and tombstones is a VBT.
Use Boolprop to get Delilah/one of Laura's players into the household and make them selectable, then place said urn/tombstone into inventory. I think she said that Jayson owned the cemetary so best to use him?

Well, could we keep our founders (just our founders) in there?

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#113 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 1:20 PM
Yikes! Thanks for the heads-up. I'll have Loquat invite Jayson over and then boolprop the urns into his inventory. (It says in neighbourhood view that Delilah owns it though.)

Neighbourhood stories are supposed to introduce the hood and it's current inhabitants, that's why I wanted to remove the deceased elders.
Scholar
#114 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 1:46 PM
Delilah was the one who bought it, but Laura said she gave the "business" to Jayson.

Okay then, go ahead and delete them. I don't care about Cel that much anyways

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#115 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 5:36 PM
I had to give the urns to Delilah since Loquat doesn't know Jayson. I'll leave that to Laura to sort it out.

I'm just sorting the Story Mode stuff, then I'll pack up the neighbourhood and turn it over to you, Kaila.
Mad Poster
#116 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 9:13 PM
To be honest I actually forgot to gift the deed to Jayson, so Delilah still owns it anyway :-) I'll pass it on to Jayson during my next round, after making sure any urns/graves Delilah has get put in the cemetary.

So yes, feel free to give urns/tombstones to either of them this round - in future rounds I can sort it out whoever you give them to anyway, as long as you let me know who has them so I don't miss them!
Banned
Original Poster
#117 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 11:05 AM
So Jayson can be the resident undertaker then, heh heh. "Bring out your deeeeaad!".
Banned
Original Poster
#118 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 5:47 PM
Upload complete! Hooray! Your turn, Kaila.

My reserved post has been updated to show new blogging too.
Scholar
#119 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 8:30 PM Last edited by Kailacat : 22nd Nov 2010 at 12:13 AM.
YAY!
(Now I just need to figure out which case the FT disc is in... You would think it would be the FT case.)

EDIT: Jim, you only got like half of the files for my content. :/
You're missing:
fanseelamb_shorterstorehair_black
MESH_fanseelamb_shorterstorehair_allages
fanseelamb--Bill-Hair--Black
MESH--fanseelamb--Bill-Hair--All-Ages
NIN-Raon-F29-brown
raonjena_fhair29_mesh
Anyways I thought we weren't going to pass around the downloads folder?

EDIT2: Laura... That family tree is making my head spin.

EDIT3: Oh muahaha, I know I will be causing some dramas in Illusion Bay this round. I just know it. I write the family story thingies at the beginning of each round and it looks like the Florals and Pebbles are in for a good time. There will be deaths. There will be secret loves. And best of all there will be enemies.

EDIT4: I edit too much don't I? Anyways... AUGH WHEN DID PIERCE BECOME A BULLY! Have you seen how nice he is to sister Lily... whom I hate...

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#120 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 4:14 PM
Whoops... I'm not sure how those files went missing. You can replace them though, right?

Maybe Pierce is just a closet anti-alien bigot? :P
Scholar
#121 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 9:11 PM
Yes, I only used your downloads (as I already downloaded Laura's stuff and had put it in the folder along with mine.)
Perhaps I could play this "bully" thing at an interesting angle...
By the way, I made a post at my LJ. *sniggers*

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#122 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kailacat
By the way, I made a post at my LJ. *sniggers*

Mine's way better.
Scholar
#123 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by perihelion
Mine's way better.

What?? *confused*

tumblr
Banned
Original Poster
#124 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 4:49 PM
My Fleur makeover's better than that top hatted one.
Scholar
#125 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 5:38 PM
That's not a makeover - that's her work outfit. She's a Tap Dancer. :D

tumblr

Page 5 of 8