Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 online pharmacy control script, pills, and cabinets

by lenglel Posted 26th Sep 2011 at 6:51 AM - Updated 5th May 2014 at 11:08 PM by lenglel : adding tiptorial and example pillbottle with self contained script.

157 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 93 Feedback Posts, 63 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 7
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#26 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 6:14 PM
matildarose, I'd *love* to make these available for autonomous use, just haven't figured out how to do it yet.

EshaPaul, I'll be looking into that at some point, but I don't want to make any promises. I've actually been working on this mod since 12/07/10, so don't anybody hold your breath for anything truly novel.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#27 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 8:27 PM
I keep making my sim take Simnip, it's funny to watch him xD
Now we need moodlets to pop up! (And maybe even other sims getting the "creeped out" moodlet when your sim is acting really weird! - that would be SO FULL OF WIN! xD)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 11:28 PM
i love this mod and cant wait for more pills! thank you so much!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#29 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 7:46 AM
This is really great! I can't wait to try it out.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#30 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 7:20 PM
ShadowGuardian, that's a great idea *if* I can figure out how to set up a working reaction broadcaster.
After that, I'll look at the "take experimental drug" thing, and finally making sims take them autonomously, since that's the toughest.
Is everyone ok with how the cabinet works?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#31 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 6:57 PM Last edited by Dobydog : 9th Oct 2011 at 7:00 PM. Reason: idea
Lol I love this! Moodlets and everything like others have suggested would be awesome, but this is still friggin amazing. Thanks :D

edit:
It would also be kinda neat, more realistic, if they had drug interactions. Like if they drank out of a bar or mixed pills the effects would be stronger, or different, idk. Lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#32 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 4:55 AM
This is so cool! I just need to wait for an update that will work for "Pets." Assuming you are making one?

EDIT: *fingers crossed!* :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#33 Old 19th Oct 2011 at 9:07 PM
Okay, I posted the updated files. No changes besides that, I want to make sure they're working with the latest patch first.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#34 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 8:43 PM
I love your idea as well! Thank you for sharing and for future medicines to come!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 22nd Oct 2011 at 10:27 AM
Thanks! My sim was soo depressed and she had wanted (hopefully!) to top herself for ages!!!!!!!! (Not bein sarcastic )
Test Subject
#36 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 7:22 PM
This is really awesome, but i have a question:
what happens when a sim take Simnip or Siminex?
Test Subject
#37 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 7:24 PM
Sorry, I meant Siminap, not Simnip...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#38 Old 25th Oct 2011 at 9:42 PM
Siminap is just a diluted version of siminex, which has the opposite effect of trimasim. It makes the sim sleepy by converting energy into stomach contents. I'm not sure if abusing it would make a sim fat.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#39 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 12:55 PM
thank you
Test Subject
#40 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 11:16 PM
ive been wanting drugs in the sims for years! im so happy to see u've done it. I would really like it if could add painkiller type ones and maybe some kind of addiction effects with them along with pills to detox and stuff. Also i think u should add more things like side effects and drug interactions and stuff. basically the more realistic the more i like it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#41 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 8:38 AM
This is a clever mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 6:54 PM
it's a really good idea but whenever i try to use it my game crashes :/
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#43 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 7:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Maci_star
it's a really good idea but whenever i try to use it my game crashes :/

What, if any, expansions do you have installed?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#44 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 4:34 AM
This is one of the more unique and original ideas out there for TS3. I was missing all the great custom stuff ts2 used to have.
This is great work! Thanks
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 4:37 AM
Btw, I hope you keep going with this idea. There are a lot of ideas in the comments. I was thinking this is great to go with some of the hospital themed stuff out there.
Instructor
#46 Old 20th Nov 2011 at 10:58 PM
I was thinking you could work with Sims MX (hospital overhaul) to make it so that you need a prescription to get pills. Just a thought.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#47 Old 22nd Nov 2011 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by van Dorn
I was thinking you could work with Sims MX (hospital overhaul) to make it so that you need a prescription to get pills. Just a thought.

I only have the base game. I've looked into adding my own interactions to the hospital, and it'll be months until I have anything for release. If anyone wants to try coding their own meds, I'd be happy to offer advice and testing. I could add them to this thread when they're ready to upload.
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#48 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 10:45 PM Last edited by coolspear1 : 24th Nov 2011 at 1:35 AM.
Nice one, bring the modern pill cultrue to the Sims. How about a pill, that after you take it, you don't have to go to work for a whole week, nobody cares that you're not at work, and the boss even sends over a money bag to your mailbox with double wages in it. You do realise, I'm asking for a pill like this for real life, not for my silly sims. Good stuff, lengel, can't wait to see what other chemical concoctions make the list in future. Hope you don't have to kill too many test subjects in the process. Cheers.

P.S Just thought of a few proper ideas for a game pills. One that instantly gives a sim the meditate moodlet and special zen teleport capability. Beats having to meditate for hours to acheive same. Or a klepto pill. Once taken, the sim goes and has a right royal theive-up, stealing anything not tied down untill the pill either wears off or sim is nabbed by the cops. A destructo-pill, the sim instantly sets off to blow up everything on the lot - (or a spate of arson with a fire pill) - untill again the drugs either wear off or sim is apprehended by police. Even a pill to bring about the bore to death ability, take it at a party and go round mingling, sending everyone to sleep - the party pooper pill. Quite the opposite reason why anyone would take drugs at a party, that's for sure.
Test Subject
#49 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 12:29 PM
I really really love this mod. I've been using it for some time now and it made my game a lot better.

Only thing is, i don't really get the sprinkler pills? I use one but my moodlets or needs doesn't change at all. Is it only used to take several to kill a sim or do i have to use it in combination with something else? I thought it would be a bit like simnip, to give you buffs that lasts longer or something. Or is it just suicide pills?

All the other pills works fine for me, i have simnip, trimasim and sprinkler pills installed plus the LWE scrpit and medicine cabin.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#50 Old 25th Nov 2011 at 12:00 AM
Phandoraz: sprinkler pills add a bit to the fun motive every few sim minutes. The sim will also do an animation from a list from time to time if they're sitting or standing.
Page 2 of 7