Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Strawberry Plant - v1.2 (5th Nov 2015)

by douglasveiga Posted 4th Dec 2013 at 7:50 AM - Updated 6th Nov 2015 at 12:53 AM by douglasveiga

321 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 128 Feedback Posts, 192 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 10 of 13
Top Secret Researcher
#226 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 1:44 PM
anie, I wouldn't count on what EA said. There is a lot of complaining out there that there were NO new recipes with all the new harvestables. I hope I'm wrong but hate to see you thinking there is something wrong with your game. I'd check into the EA recipe claim further
Instructor
THANKS POST
#227 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 2:46 PM
OK, so I gues we need to wait for some modder who will fix it, just like the corn... I will not use Bohenian Garden untill then, I prefer Douglasveiga's strawberrys, and the cake, looks tasty, and my Sims eat it a lot.
Inventor
Original Poster
#228 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 4:49 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 14th Mar 2014 at 5:03 PM.
Store Compatible Version.

This version will override the Store's Strawberry references to make the game use this mod instead. If you already planted Stores's Strawberry Plant they will vanish next time you start the game.

PS: I don't have the Store's Set to test on my own. Bug reports are appreciated.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#229 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 7:39 PM
Thanks! I'll test it right away. If there will be something wrong, I'll write it here.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#230 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 9:38 PM
Absolutely wonderful Douglas. I'll test is also. Must tell you again how much I love that corn fix and I was happy that the version I had in was not affected by the new harvestables. Thank you so much.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#231 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 11:20 PM
I've tried to use this mod, but no savegame (or even new game) loads up. The loading bar just freezes at the tiny last point and stays there untill I use three magic buttons... you know what I mean.
Top Secret Researcher
#232 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 1:02 AM Last edited by barbarat : 14th Mar 2014 at 1:05 AM. Reason: Adding Additional Information
RATS, I've tried it also. I can load the game but exiting the game takes forever....I was just ready to use the same "magic buttons" as anie when it finally closed. Tried it a couple of times and yes, I did clear caches each time. I checked for script errors and found this information, if it is any use: "DouglasVeiga.StrawberryLoader.PlantLoader, ClassStrawberryLoader, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"

In game the Strawberries are not available for purchase. Sorry, I forgot to mention that. The corn is still working though
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#233 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 5:16 AM
Got darn it! I love these strawberries more and really miss the strawberry pie. The best looking food in the game. Hope it gets fixed, darn you EA!
Field Researcher
#234 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 2:18 PM
Doug can u just add recipe and boost to the store strawberry XD u can always try it on decrap version i will be happy to test it then lmao
Lab Assistant
#235 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by anie_1981
I've tried to use this mod, but no savegame (or even new game) loads up. The loading bar just freezes at the tiny last point and stays there untill I use three magic buttons... you know what I mean.

I second that . Took the mod out and both new game and savegame loads up. Yes I deleted the chache files before installing the mod and after uninstalling it.
Inventor
Original Poster
#236 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 5:04 PM
I removed the attachment, I will find another solution.
Top Secret Researcher
#237 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 6:39 PM
Hi Douglas... I have some more feedback for you but first I want to thank you again for working on this.
I do not know if this will help your efforts but here is something else I discovered. As I mentioned the corn works fine in my game with the Bohemian Garden installed however, the strawberries that are included in the BG can be purchased at the store but not planted with the corn in. All the other harvestables worked fine with the corn in. I removed the corn and the EA strawberries could be planted (had to delete the previous EA strawberries from sim inventory and purchase new). My personal preference here would be I would rather uninstall the damn store set and keep your corn and strawberries but wanted to let you know impact in case it is of any value to you when working on this.
Each time I tested this I saved, quit and cleared caches before restarting. Hope this provides some insight and thank you again....very much
Instructor
THANKS POST
#238 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 10:22 PM
If I only could connect corn fix by douglasveiga, and What's on the menu? by SimsMatthew. They have conflict...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#239 Old 20th Mar 2014 at 4:03 PM
lovely :)
Lab Assistant
#240 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
I removed the attachment, I will find another solution.

That would be so great. Thank you in advance.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#241 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 4:04 AM
Love strawberries!! I can't wait to plant these. Thank you so much..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#242 Old 23rd Mar 2014 at 10:28 AM
This truly is amazing :)
THANKS POST
#243 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 5:13 AM
Such a unique idea! Thank you!
Inventor
Original Poster
#244 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 10:15 PM
Sorry, guys. After some tests, I believe isn't possible to make this mod compatible with the new Store set.
Top Secret Researcher
#245 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 11:13 PM
Sorry, guys. After some tests, I believe isn't possible to make this mod compatible with the new Store set.

I am sorry to hear that douglas but know you tried everything you could. Out goes the store set from my game. Would rather look at your strawberries and corn than a bunch of berries on a tomato plant.
Thank you so much for working at this. Your creations are awesome.
Lab Assistant
#246 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 10:00 AM

Thanks for trying. I too choose yours over EA's.
Lab Assistant
#247 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 10:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
I am sorry to hear that douglas but know you tried everything you could. Out goes the store set from my game. Would rather look at your strawberries and corn than a bunch of berries on a tomato plant.
Thank you so much for working at this. Your creations are awesome.

Do I have to remove the hole plant part from the EA set or just the strawberries to get this strawberry mod to work?
Do I have to remove the hole plant part from the EA set or just a specific plant from the EA set to get the corn mod to work?
Scholar
#248 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 9:00 PM
Ah man!! Well Thanks for giving your all. I hope you make other food recipes in the near future! Yours is superior in every way!
Test Subject
#249 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 3:06 PM
It doesn't show up in the game. I've tried all three versions. Game is updated. It has been placed in the Sims3-mods-packages on the computer. Expansion packages installed are Island Paradise, Late Night, 70s-80s-90s Stuff & Monte Vista. What am I doing wrong?
Test Subject
#250 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 7:03 PM Last edited by sirguylittle : 2nd Apr 2014 at 7:52 PM.
I think I have found a way to allow, err... force, Bohemian Garden Fruit and Nuts to work with this mod. I am putting together a forum post to explain how as it is a bit long to put in here, so keep tuned, but just so you have something to look at

My instructions are up now and can be found here:
http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=523003
Page 10 of 13